Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

December 23rd Heavyweight Boxing Heaven

Voltron

December 23rd Heavyweight Boxing Heaven

Post by Voltron »

This will rule

Anthony Joshua vs. Otto Wallin, 12 rounds, heavyweights

Deontay Wilder vs. Joseph Parker, 12 rounds, heavyweights

Daniel Dubois vs. Jarrell Miller, 10 rounds, heavyweights

Frank Sanchez vs. Junior Fa, 10 rounds, heavyweights
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
Sportsrgreat

Re: December 23rd Heavyweight Boxing Heaven

Post by Sportsrgreat »

Great card. Will Wilder ever fight Joshua?
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Sportsrgreat wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:06 pm Great card. Will Wilder ever fight Joshua?
I have to think if they both win on Dec 23rd that's the next logical move. Both coming off a win on a pretty big stage and both with only a fight or two left in them.
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Sportsrgreat wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:06 pm Great card. Will Wilder ever fight Joshua?

Looks like it's on! If they both win on Dec 23rd...

Former heavyweight champions Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder have a deal in place to fight March 9 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, sources told ESPN.

The sides agreed on the money, sources said, but they both must come out victorious and uninjured in separate bouts Dec. 23 in Saudi Arabia's capital to finalize a bout that was first discussed in 2019.
Joshua fights Otto Wallin in the Dec. 23 main event in Riyadh, while Wilder meets former heavyweight titleholder Joseph Parker. It's far from a foregone conclusion that Joshua and Wilder will win their respective bouts ahead of a potential showdown that will be one of the biggest in all of boxing.
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Looks like it's on! If they both win on Dec 23rd...

Former heavyweight champions Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder have a deal in place to fight March 9 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, sources told ESPN.

The sides agreed on the money, sources said, but they both must come out victorious and uninjured in separate bouts Dec. 23 in Saudi Arabia's capital to finalize a bout that was first discussed in 2019.
Joshua fights Otto Wallin in the Dec. 23 main event in Riyadh, while Wilder meets former heavyweight titleholder Joseph Parker. It's far from a foregone conclusion that Joshua and Wilder will win their respective bouts ahead of a potential showdown that will be one of the biggest in all of boxing.
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I look forward to this card next weekend.

I won’t hold my breath these two fight though. It’s way past marinated at this point.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:36 pm I look forward to this card next weekend.

I won’t hold my breath these two fight though. It’s way past marinated at this point.
Nothing like a whole card of solid heavyweight fights!

Plus they added Bivol vs Lyndon Arthur..
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Voltron wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:06 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:36 pm I look forward to this card next weekend.

Nothing like a whole card of solid heavyweight fights!

Plus they added Bivol vs Lyndon Arthur..
Oh nice. Didn’t see Bivol was added.

I want to see Wilder vs Joshua more than Fury vs Usyk but they never seem to get it on. This date was supposed to be that fight now it’s pushed back again but I figured when both were on the same card, they were trying to get that Arabian hype up for that big payday against each other.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

It would be a great fight. The winner fights the Fury/Usyk winner? Or would mandatories derail that?
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Sportsrgreat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:35 pm It would be a great fight. The winner fights the Fury/Usyk winner? Or would mandatories derail that?

Too many What-ifs but the speculation is fun!

After the trouble Wallin gave Fury a few years ago, Joshua I think is the most at risk of losing and derailing it all. Wallin beating Joshua in a sloppy fight wouldn't surprise me, but I think most likely is Joshua beating Wallin in a sloppy fight.

I think Joseph Parker will give Wilder some scary moments and make it sloppy and seemingly unpredictable for a few rounds, but then Wilder will knock him out hard as fuck out of nowhere and will look like Zeus doing it.
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It’s the week of RECKONING, boys.

Hopefully some of these top fights on the card are good. I’ve been throughly disappointed by the fights lately. I can’t remember the last time one was that good. Even Spence vs Crawford ended up lopsided. Maybe Haney vs Loma? Benavidez vs Charlo sucked. Haney vs Andrade sucked , Ryan Garcias last fight sucked, Canelo vs Charlo sucked. You get the picture.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

Rube, you are right. We need a couple of these fights to be barn burners. Too many “safe” fights get made these days.
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:38 am It’s the week of RECKONING, boys.

Hopefully some of these top fights on the card are good. I’ve been throughly disappointed by the fights lately. I can’t remember the last time one was that good. Even Spence vs Crawford ended up lopsided. Maybe Haney vs Loma? Benavidez vs Charlo sucked. Haney vs Andrade sucked , Ryan Garcias last fight sucked, Canelo vs Charlo sucked. You get the picture.
I actually loved the Crawford vs Spence fight lol. I wanted Crawford to route him hard as fuck.

I think Big Baby Miller vs Dubois is a sure-thing as far as being a fun fight!
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It’s the day before the DAY OF RECKONING, boys.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:04 pm It’s the day before the DAY OF RECKONING, boys.
12 pack and bubble bath in play RT??
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:26 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:04 pm It’s the day before the DAY OF RECKONING, boys.
12 pack and bubble bath in play RT??
I have people coming over for it so no bubble bath but definitely a 12er is in play.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

I'm most excited for the Big Baby Miller vs Dubois fight. It will look hilarious.
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Voltron wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:43 pm

I'm most excited for the Big Baby Miller vs Dubois fight. It will look hilarious.
I hope DD smashes that cheat.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Wilder looks totally shot. That was sad. I think his brain is pretty damaged.
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

Voltron, Wilder looked totally shot. Fury looked shot against the MMA guy. I think they took it all out of each other in their trilogy.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Voltron wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:16 pm Wilder looks totally shot. That was sad. I think his brain is pretty damaged.
That was insane how he performed.

I still want Wilder vs Joshua in March though.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

Rube, I think they need to sit Wilder down and tell him he is done. He looked clueless in there. What really surprised me was how scared he looked. He didn’t pull the trigger on his punches. Hell, he had to know he was losing. He didn’t even go for it the last couple of rounds. Let the right hand go. He gave us a great trilogy with Fury. He was a warrior. I’d like to remember him for that.