Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Guillotine Leagues? Yay or Nay?

Chat about your fantasy league here
Falen's Boyfriend

Guillotine Leagues? Yay or Nay?

Post by Falen's Boyfriend »

It seems like Guillotine Leagues are taking over but I prefer regular fantasy football.

First of all, regular fantasy football more closely emulates real football. In regular fantasy football, you can have the best team, win your first six games and then put up a goose egg. Now you're 6-1 and you're still leading the league.

In a Guillotine, you can have the best team through six weeks, put up a goose egg in week 7, and you're out.

No good.

Your thoughts?
salamander

Re: Guillotine Leagues? Yay or Nay?

Post by salamander »

Been in 2. It's ok but I don't love it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
SKOLTROL

Post by SKOLTROL »

I really enjoy the one I’m in. Lots of strategy with FABB. I won it last year. Lost in week 7 this year. Once you’re out the Guillotine league is dead to you till next year.
Spoiler:
:fight:
salamander

Post by salamander »

My Guillotine league started up. Drafted 13th out of 18 and got Patty Mahomes! Gunna do a big reach with my 2nd pick since I'll have to wait another 21 picks before my next one.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Blarney

Post by Blarney »

salamander wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:00 pm My Guillotine league started up. Drafted 13th out of 18 and got Patty Mahomes! Gunna do a big reach with my 2nd pick since I'll have to wait another 21 picks before my next one.
Must be one qb lineup?
salamander

Post by salamander »

Blarney wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:33 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:00 pm My Guillotine league started up. Drafted 13th out of 18 and got Patty Mahomes! Gunna do a big reach with my 2nd pick since I'll have to wait another 21 picks before my next one.
Must be one qb lineup?
Yep, 1 QB. Got me Mahomes and came back with Hockinson so I feel like those two spots are definitely locks for the entire season. Maybe Gibbs (DET RB) but who knows about that.

My team is super famine or feast beyond that. Kind of went with that strategy this year because going for high floor/safe players the last two years didn't work well in this type of cutthroat league. The first team that gets cut and has a superstar player back on Free Agency, I'm going after them with big money. If I can find someone to carry the load at RB or WR I can play the odds later in the season.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

what could go wrong? first time i've ever heard sal talk. i've heard her drunkenly sing before though.