Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Haven't played FF in years. Help!

Chat about your fantasy league here
DonaldDouchebag

Haven't played FF in years. Help!

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Is there a good guide anywhere that I can use for my draft tomorrow? I'll go to the CVS and buy a magazine if there's one you recommend. I want to put the least possible amount of effort into this. Thanks in advance!
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
witljon

Re: Haven't played FF in years. Help!

Post by witljon »

I play every year. And every year I plan on preparing better by reading up on fantasy football to improve my opinion. But every year with no preparation, I just end up drafting from the list provided. The key is to draft players who don’t get injured.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

witljon wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:59 pm I play every year. And every year I plan on preparing better by reading up on fantasy football to improve my opinion. But every year with no preparation, I just end up drafting from the list provided. The key is to draft players who don’t get injured.
Thank you!

I’ll take any advice at this point.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:52 pm
witljon wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:59 pm I play every year. And every year I plan on preparing better by reading up on fantasy football to improve my opinion. But every year with no preparation, I just end up drafting from the list provided. The key is to draft players who don’t get injured.
Thank you!

I’ll take any advice at this point.
I think the guys at CBS Sports are the best in the business, particularly Jamey Eisenberg (his cousin Jesse is that annoying guy from Zombieland). Just go off their cheat sheets. It's all luck anyway (Copyright sellingguy).
witljon

Post by witljon »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:02 pm Is there a good guide anywhere that I can use for my draft tomorrow? I'll go to the CVS and buy a magazine if there's one you recommend. I want to put the least possible amount of effort into this. Thanks in advance!
In simplest terms, the rationale behind drafting any player is hoping he outproduces everyone else available at that time. This is true in every round. Why else would you take a player? The only reasonable answer to that question is because you need to fill specific positions. But even when you’re choosing based on roster needs, the same rationale applies. When you pick a player, you’re hoping he outproduces everyone else available at that position at that time.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

With each passing year I get less and less interested in who the backup RB for Houston is and why I should care how he does. I just want to watch the VIkings and other games organically once again, but I can't get out of my league. It's gotten to the point I don't even know anything about half the players anymore. I'm just going to print the latest cheat sheet the day before the draft and throw darts once again and then hope I pick up some surprise players after the first couple weeks. Leagues are usually won off the waiver wire anyways.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
witljon

Post by witljon »

Night Train wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:13 pm With each passing year I get less and less interested in who the backup RB for Houston is and why I should care how he does. I just want to watch the VIkings and other games organically once again, but I can't get out of my league. It's gotten to the point I don't even know anything about half the players anymore. I'm just going to print the latest cheat sheet the day before the draft and throw darts once again and then hope I pick up some surprise players after the first couple weeks. Leagues are usually won off the waiver wire anyways.
In some form or another, I have been playing fantasy football since 1992. I’ve learnt it doesn’t matter if you prepare or not. Some years I’ve did significant reading and/or practice mock drafting. Most years I just drafted from the cheat sheet list of players provided. I did just as good or better with no prep. It’s all luck. You need a big year out of your top players and a healthy roster.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

The Fantasy Football magazines are from 2 months ago. NO updated info at all. Just go to fantasyPros.com and go to their rankings. It's a consensus board of every expert. It's not my thing, I like to do research and my own rankings, but I'm a fucking goon who enjoys it. You're normal. That's a good site.
salamander

Post by salamander »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:02 pm Is there a good guide anywhere that I can use for my draft tomorrow? I'll go to the CVS and buy a magazine if there's one you recommend. I want to put the least possible amount of effort into this. Thanks in advance!
The only real studying you need to do is what roll rookies will have. If a 4th or 5th round RB has a bad player in front of them you can usually get him later in the draft and stash him for 4-6 weeks. Maybe he pans out, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he blows up his first game and you trade him for a good player.

Also: McKinnen was top-2 among RBs in targets, catches, receiving yards, and receiving TDs during the last 10 games of 2022. He has little value as a rusher but was an elite pass catcher with 9 TD's. Chiefs just resigned him and declined Edwards-Helaire's option. ESPN lists him as RB #38 so you can get him real low in drafts.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I don't want to buy a magazine, so I think I'll just stop by B&N and just copy some codes out of some magazines to use their cheatsheets.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity