Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official 3M tourney thread***

Hornets

***Official 3M tourney thread***

Post by Hornets »

LOTS of early low scores today as the conditions are ripe for good play! Hodges at 8 under in the first round lead.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Re: ***Official 3M tourney thread***

Post by Hornets »

Winds are currently howling in Blaine making scoring difficult to say the least....Justin Thomas at -1 but just seems to lack the supreme confidence he has had in years past.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Looks like fairly small attendance today...maybe I should have headed over for a look as it's only a 15 minute drive.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Daniel Gale
-3 thru 15
Park Ranger

Post by Park Ranger »

Enjoy it while you can. This event might not make the cut once they figure out the new line up of the merger.
I know it raises a bunch of money for some good causes, but they give away more and more tickets each year.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Spoiler:
Daniel Gale
+3
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Just as Harmon ran away with last weeks tourney it looks like Hodges is going to do the same.... :zzz:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:44 pm
Well, she wasn't hangin with Justin today as his slump continues....
Park Ranger

Post by Park Ranger »

The game of golf is really all in the head as Justin proved. This might be the easiest course on the tour and he can't find his game.
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Park Ranger wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:31 am Enjoy it while you can. This event might not make the cut once they figure out the new line up of the merger.
I know it raises a bunch of money for some good causes, but they give away more and more tickets each year.
I hope it goes back to the senior tour. I've been going for 8 years now, and enjoyed the senior tour a great deal more. Mainly because those are the guys I gew up on, but also because in its current state, most of the top guys skip it (sans Finau, and JT had no choice) after The Open. The senior guys could play just as well on this course, just a little short distance. The course accessibility was better for the fans too. The free part didn't hurt either, but I would still pay for the senior tour.
Keep your stick on the ice
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Jack Soo 5 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:26 pm
Park Ranger wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:31 am Enjoy it while you can. This event might not make the cut once they figure out the new line up of the merger.
I hope it goes back to the senior tour. I've been going for 8 years now, and enjoyed the senior tour a great deal more. Mainly because those are the guys I gew up on, but also because in its current state, most of the top guys skip it (sans Finau, and JT had no choice) after The Open. The senior guys could play just as well on this course, just a little short distance. The course accessibility was better for the fans too. The free part didn't hurt either, but I would still pay for the senior tour.
best year ever they say. as mentioned, they give away tons of tickets. i did not read the article, so i dont know what the numbers are for it to mean best year ever. most people? most tickets sold? Most money raised? it wont go back to the senior event no matter what happens with the new lineup when ever they get around to telling the world what that plan is.

have not heard any rumors of any players hitting any of the top ten courses early last week or yesterday around the state. Lehman played his new 18 at Craguns last week.
it is a interesting respect given the pro's. It is not really talked about if they play other courses when they visit different areas of the country unless it is a situation like Lehman. I remember when Arnie played Deacon's for it's opening.
over the years of talking to many of the club pros and gms in MN, i have heard some of the stories of some of the top names playing places like the Classic and Deacons. I also know that some of the guys that love the history of the game have played Keller and Breezy's Traditional course because of who else from the past have played those tracks.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:13 am
best year ever they say. as mentioned, they give away tons of tickets. i did not read the article, so i dont know what the numbers are for it to mean best year ever. most people? most tickets sold? Most money raised? it wont go back to the senior event no matter what happens with the new lineup when ever they get around to telling the world what that plan is.

have not heard any rumors of any players hitting any of the top ten courses early last week or yesterday around the state. Lehman played his new 18 at Craguns last week.
it is a interesting respect given the pro's. It is not really talked about if they play other courses when they visit different areas of the country unless it is a situation like Lehman. I remember when Arnie played Deacon's for it's opening.
over the years of talking to many of the club pros and gms in MN, i have heard some of the stories of some of the top names playing places like the Classic and Deacons. I also know that some of the guys that love the history of the game have played Keller and Breezy's Traditional course because of who else from the past have played those tracks.
Have you ever played Keller SG? I played there a handful of times back some 25 years ago but have not played there since they re-did a bunch of it. Curious as to how it is these days....
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:34 am

Have you ever played Keller SG? I played there a handful of times back some 25 years ago but have not played there since they re-did a bunch of it. Curious as to how it is these days....
I played keller 2 times, both after the redo. Keller has had a rep of the staff being a bit stuck up and they were. 1st time out we got rained out at the turn. We had tee'ed off on 10, but the rain hit and it was not going to stop. So into the clubhouse SG goes to get rain checks. SG is assured that the rain check is for 9 holes. I asked because I noticed they noted in the computer I had tee'ed off on 10.

Fast forward, 2 weeks. I call and make a tee time. Walk into the club house to check in and pay. Now my rain check is for 8 holes, not 9. And this new math is really fucking them up on telling me how much to play 18 with my rain check. Of course I am telling them all we did was tee off on 10. It was the same guy.

Now they are stuck on this issue and cant spit out a price to play 18. By now my buddy comes looking for me. At this point SG is telling them to go fuck themselves, I will go give my money to phalen. They say hold on, just go tee off and play your 9. I again ask. I want to play 18, how much. More fumbling. I just give up and tee off on 1 and said fuck it and played the entire course.

As far as the course. It is not anything special, just a old golf course. It was fine.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:12 am

I played keller 2 times, both after the redo. Keller has had a rep of the staff being a bit stuck up and they were. 1st time out we got rained out at the turn. We had tee'ed off on 10, but the rain hit and it was not going to stop. So into the clubhouse SG goes to get rain checks. SG is assured that the rain check is for 9 holes. I asked because I noticed they noted in the computer I had tee'ed off on 10.

Fast forward, 2 weeks. I call and make a tee time. Walk into the club house to check in and pay. Now my rain check is for 8 holes, not 9. And this new math is really fucking them up on telling me how much to play 18 with my rain check. Of course I am telling them all we did was tee off on 10. It was the same guy.

Now they are stuck on this issue and cant spit out a price to play 18. By now my buddy comes looking for me. At this point SG is telling them to go fuck themselves, I will go give my money to phalen. They say hold on, just go tee off and play your 9. I again ask. I want to play 18, how much. More fumbling. I just give up and tee off on 1 and said fuck it and played the entire course.

As far as the course. It is not anything special, just a old golf course. It was fine.
LOL, you're encounter with the fumbling issue reminded me of this....

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:32 am
Sellingguy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:12 am

LOL, you're encounter with the fumbling issue reminded me of this....

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
The check in at some golf courses takes way to long! To add to the Keller story, my daughter was part of an event out there this year. I asked her what she thought. She said about the same thing. Everyone at the front desk was confused about this event.