Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official "The Open" gawlf tourney thread***

weimy froob

Re: ***Official "The Open" gawlf tourney thread***

Post by weimy froob »

harmon with a 6-7 footer for birdie on 15. fleetwood shows everyone how you can shoot a six on 17.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

he birdies 15 to get to one under for the day and re-establishing that five shot lead. he birdied the next two holes after his bogey on five and did the same thing after his bogey on 13. those bogeys just get him refocused on the goal at hand. he's in the fairway on 16 after his tee shot as well.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

harmon on the green in regulation on 16. the tee shot on 17 and the tee shot on 18 are all he's got left when you're thinking danger. he should play to the left big time on 18--maybe even with an iron off the tee--so i'd say the tee shot on 17 is all that he really has to be careful with. and that's a short par 3.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

in other words this is all but over.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

he's probably irritated by putting it in the bunker on 18 from the fairway. wants to finish in style with a par. took the big dog out on the tee and azinger with a good line--"why not? it's the straightest club in his bag." lulz.

has a seven footer for par.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

would have been tons of drama if brian harmon wasn't able to play this week. he wants to make this putt. and he does! a dominating championship performance by the former georgia bulldog.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Congratulations to Brian Harmon, your 2023 Open Champion!! Once he got control of this in round 2 he nevah took his foot off the gas!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"Can't take it from me," Harman said clutching the jug. "Can't take it from me."
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:25 am straka gets to 8 under. matthew jordan, the club pro from the home course, birdies 18 to finish the championship at four under.
and a check of $308,400. pretty good payday. i guess he's actually trying to make it on the european tour--but this is his home course where he's been the club champion multiple times (his dad too).

Matthew Jordan contended at home, and changed his life in the process

https://golf.com/news/matthew-jordan-op ... -changing/
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Watched a bunch of this tourney and it's a feel good story for Harmon, but to be honest it was overall kind of boring. I suppose that's Harmon's fault as he pretty much blew the field away during his 2nd round and no one really came close to challenging over the weekend....
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:29 pm Watched a bunch of this tourney and it's a feel good story for Harmon, but to be honest it was overall kind of boring. I suppose that's Harmon's fault as he pretty much blew the field away during his 2nd round and no one really came close to challenging over the weekend....
harmon took most of the drama out of the championship, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a historical open. it was a tiger-like domination of the field. take his name out of it and look how the leaderboard looks. you just don't win a major by six or more shots in any year. try to remember the last time that happened. i enjoyed his performance today thoroughly.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

excellent article. find out more about your champion golfer of the year.

Unwavering, unbeatable, Brian Harman meets the moment at The Open

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/2023-b ... oment-open
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Westwood Says Disrespect Shown For Harman's Open Win

Lee Westwood has voiced his opinion on the levels of disrespect shown to Brian Harman and his Open Championship win due to him not being one of golf's bigger stars.

The left-handed Harman was not the most popular winner of the Claret Jug, as he dominated the field full of huge stars and home hopes at Royal Liverpool with a runaway victory.

The 36-year-old performed brilliantly over the weekend but his dominant success led to a lack of drama down the stretch, resulting in reported low viewing figures and some negative reports on the event.

Westwood did not appreciate the negativity which he feels detracted from such a brilliant front-running display from Harman.

“The level of disrespect towards Brian Harman and his remarkable victory at the Open on Sunday was astounding," Westwood wrote in a column for The Telegraph.

“Imagine if Tiger Woods or Rory McIlroy had won by six shots at Hoylake. Everyone would be shouting from the clubhouse rooftops and with good reason, too.

"But because it was Harman and not a household name, the reaction on social media seemed to be ‘meh’.”

Westwood insists that no Open, or Open champion, should be judged just by how famous they are.

“I am now dreading one of those damned lists to appear that rank “the worst major champions of all time” or something of that pathetic ilk," Westwood added.

“It is grotesque and cruel and a plague on the sport. Judge the champs on how they play, how they win, not on how famous they happen to be at the time.

“He was world No.26, for goodness sake. That was higher than Shane Lowry when he won at Portrush in 2019. And nobody called that Open “a dud”. There is no such thing as a “dud” Open, unless you are obsessed with celebrity.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

'Boy, Did They Not Want Me To Win That Golf Tournament' - Harman on 'Brutal' Hoylake Crowd

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Only 3 hours of TV coverage for today's 3M opener....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:48 am 'Boy, Did They Not Want Me To Win That Golf Tournament' - Harman on 'Brutal' Hoylake Crowd

Harmon is now one of my faves!