Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NHL Playoffs, the Quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup!

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

Re: NHL Playoffs, the Quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup!

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:49 am Vegas left no doubt who the best team was last night. Of course they were the better team in all 5 games. And yet here we are still with no Cup in Minnesota while Vegas gets one in their 6th year. Frustrating to say the least
Disgusting and unbelievable at the same time that no Stanley Cup or Super Bowl winner here...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:42 am
weimy froob wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:27 am Phil Kessel takes jab at Toronto media after winning Stanley Cup with Golden Knights
Phil Kessel is now a three-time Stanley Cup champion after winning the trophy with the Golden Knights.

Phil Kessel added another notch to what has been an unbelievable NHL career on Tuesday, locking up his third Stanley Cup title as the Vegas Golden Knights dominated the Florida Panthers in Game 5.

Despite being a healthy scratch since playing in the first four games of the Golden Knights’ opening-round playoff series against the Winnipeg Jets, the veteran still managed to throw a shot at the Toronto media while celebrating the victory over the Panthers.

You a big Kessel fan Weimy? If I were Phil I'd be embarrassed that this is how I got my name on the Cup again. Having to be a healthy scratch for the majority of the playoffs should have lowered his apparent anger towards the Leafs.
not particularly--but i also think it's pretty cool that he gets his name on the cup again. he's had a great career. i don't think there's anything to be embarrassed about--and i'm sure phil doesn't either. he was a part of the team.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:56 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:49 am Vegas left no doubt who the best team was last night. Of course they were the better team in all 5 games. And yet here we are still with no Cup in Minnesota while Vegas gets one in their 6th year. Frustrating to say the least
Disgusting and unbelievable at the same time that no Stanley Cup or Super Bowl winner here...
Yep Loserville USA
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I hope the NHL is happy with the results of rigging a team in Vegas. The SC finals had the lowest ratings since 2007.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:34 pm I hope the NHL is happy with the results of rigging a team in Vegas. The SC finals had the lowest ratings since 2007.
I dont follow pro hockey much, so I have to ask. What do you mean rigging of a team in vegas?
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:00 am
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:34 pm I hope the NHL is happy with the results of rigging a team in Vegas. The SC finals had the lowest ratings since 2007.
I dont follow pro hockey much, so I have to ask. What do you mean rigging of a team in vegas?
The expansion draft rules changed for Vegas that had never previously been allowed making it infinitely easier for them to start their franchise. Give them credit for taking advantage of it for sure and for the rest of the teams agreeing to it because Vegas payed a record franchise entry fee.
DMB

Post by DMB »

Probably with the expansion draft and the draft picks they get etc. The Golden Knights got Alex Tuch from Wild who's a dang good player-he was a major part of the trade with Buffalo to get Jack Eichel-who's a stud and a half.
Semper Fi
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

DMB wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:24 am
Probably with the expansion draft and the draft picks they get etc. The Golden Knights got Alex Tuch from Wild who's a dang good player-he was a major part of the trade with Buffalo to get Jack Eichel-who's a stud and a half.
Don't forget, the Wild kept Dumba over Tuch. What a disaster.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:29 pm

I don't remember all the expansion details that season but remember, that was about 6 years ago. At the time Dumba was putting up some solid numbers and appeared to be ascending. Tuch was considered a solid prospect but it would have been risky to lose a young, right handed "D" who had very good offensive skills. In hindsight of course we don't do the deal but it is what it is...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
DMB

Post by DMB »

psychopath wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:29 pm

Twice-Crackheads and Golden Knights. Carson Searcy was a big loss IMO-dude had some game and some size.
Semper Fi