Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2023 E3 Roundup

Video game themed message board
YBBR

2023 E3 Roundup

Post by YBBR »

Sony had their E3 showcase a few days ago. It was very light on first party stuff so they've been having some backlash from their fans. There were a few cool 3rd party games that got showed off.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

This was an exclusive I think and this did look good. This looks rad, if it plays as awesome as it looks.

Alan Wake 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, Phantom Blade 0, The Plucky Squire (Which was at a Nintendo thing last year i think), Snake Eater Remake, Bungie announced a Marathon extraction shooter (weird), Sword Of The Sea from the Journey and Abzu folks looked cool. Some other less interesting stuff.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Re: 2023 E3 Roundup

Post by Moses Scurry »

I should probably finish dragon's dogma. That game took a long time to get good but it's kinda of great in a "I have no idea how this game works or what I'm doing" way. I watched some youtube videos and some of the shit characters are capable of is insane. Seems like a very deep game that takes time and commitment and rewards it.

Maybe they can simplify it a bit in part 2, but not too much.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

That phantom blade looks pretty insane, but alas I'll never play it. I'll never get a console. :(
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Just a tone piece cinematic for Bungie's new Marathon game. It was well done though, so here's that.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Ye
Moses Scurry wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:40 am I should probably finish dragon's dogma. That game took a long time to get good but it's kinda of great in a "I have no idea how this game works or what I'm doing" way. I watched some youtube videos and some of the shit characters are capable of is insane. Seems like a very deep game that takes time and commitment and rewards it.

Maybe they can simplify it a bit in part 2, but not too much.
It's sort of a cult classic for some. People have been clamoring for a follow up for over a decade now. It had a ton of really cool ideas that they tried to do with a fairly small budget. It made that first game pretty damn jank. The second one looks like it's got more money into it. I'm very intrigued by it. Hopefully, it turns out.

Capcom's been on fire recently in the last couple of years. They also have Street Fighter 6 launching on Friday, which looks super cool.
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:03 pm Alan Wake 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, Phantom Blade 0, The Plucky Squire (Which was at a Nintendo thing last year i think), Snake Eater Remake, Bungie announced a Marathon extraction shooter (weird), Sword Of The Sea from the Journey and Abzu folks looked cool. Some other less interesting stuff.
I never loved Journey or Abzu as much as other people did.

The Plucky Squire looks fantastic. Not something I'd usually pick out but it looks really good.

Marathon surprised. Love when developers dust off old IP's like this.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:44 am
YBBR wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:03 pm Alan Wake 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, Phantom Blade 0, The Plucky Squire (Which was at a Nintendo thing last year i think), Snake Eater Remake, Bungie announced a Marathon extraction shooter (weird), Sword Of The Sea from the Journey and Abzu folks looked cool. Some other less interesting stuff.
I never loved Journey or Abzu as much as other people did.

The Plucky Squire looks fantastic. Not something I'd usually pick out but it looks really good.

Marathon surprised. Love when developers dust off old IP's like this.
Bungie's games do feel great. I don't really care about the extraction shooter thing like Tarkov or any of those, but if Bungie turns out a really good one it could be pretty cool. They are apparently working on something else as well that's not Destiny 2. So maybe something with a single player? That be cool.

The art in The Plucky Squire looks fantastic. Whenever they do the 2D style on like a wall or something that's drawn it looks amazing.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Microsoft actually put on a pretty good showcase. B+ maybe, I'd give it. Lots of stuff that's slated for 2024. This year, it is still pretty thin for them. Beyond Starfield and Forza. There was some neat stuff announced or shown off there.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Starfield (Bethesda)
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (Ryu Ga Gotoku)
Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess (Capcom)
Towerborne (Stoic)
Avowed (Obsidian)

These were probably my top 5 games of the the Microsoft showcase. Both the Fable and South of Midnight teasers looked neat. I also liked the look of both Jusant and Dungeons of Hinterberg. They both have very cool art styles.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

YBBR

Post by YBBR »