Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official PGA Championship thread**

weimy froob

Re: **Official PGA Championship thread**

Post by weimy froob »

koepka nine under and hovland eight under after 14. scheffler would be right there if he made those putts on one and two. he didn't and he's three back and absolutely has to make that putt on 16.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

hovland embeds his ball on 16 too. lesson? stay out of that bunker. might have taken all the drama out of this championship.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

block needs to par 18 to get into this championship next year. it'll take a great shot and/or putt to do it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

he hits the shot. now he has to make the putt. about 10 feet.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

he made it. on the last revolution--but he made it. he's going to valhalla.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

cinderalla story.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

in the battle for the wanamaker trophy koepka has a four shot lead with two to go.
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

weimy froob wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:07 pm in the battle for the wanamaker trophy koepka has a four shot lead with two to go.
And he pushed his tee shot into the opposing fairway in a similar fashion as WannaBeProGolferGuy would have. :D :D

Unlike me, Koepka will recover and score a bogey on 17, par 18 and 5 time Major Champ.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

koepka is back.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:01 pm only nine players under par after two rounds. scheffler, conners and hovland tied for the lead at five under. two shots clear of the field. koepka gets back into the tournament with a four under round today. rose is one under. mcilroy is even. block, the pga pro, is even after two rounds. guy must have some game.
i'd say.

Koepka won, but Block stole America's heart

Brooks Koepka may have won the PGA Championship, but Michael Block won the week
With a stellar performance and a legendary partner at a major, Michael Block lived out every golfer's dream at the PGA Championship.

https://sports.yahoo.com/brooks-koepka- ... 32356.html
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

He’s a regular dude with a $288,000 check in his pocket, an invitation to play in a PGA Tour event this week, and a guaranteed spot in next year’s PGA Championship. Golf’s a cruel sport, but every so often, it rewards those who love it and remain true to themselves.
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

weimy froob wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:49 pm He’s a regular dude with a $288,000 check in his pocket, an invitation to play in a PGA Tour event this week, and a guaranteed spot in next year’s PGA Championship. Golf’s a cruel sport, but every so often, it rewards those who love it and remain true to themselves.
OMG right! I do love me some Koepka with his Fug It attitude. But Michael Block stole the show this past weekend. An ace on 15!! I was completely geeking out and was so happy for him as this changed his life forever. Plus, making the par put on 18 to finish in the top 15 to earn $300K is life changing. Then, getting a sponsor's exemption next week. His PGA rating went from 3300 up to the top 200 or something like that.

What an amazing cool ass storyline!!
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:02 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:49 pm He’s a regular dude with a $288,000 check in his pocket, an invitation to play in a PGA Tour event this week, and a guaranteed spot in next year’s PGA Championship. Golf’s a cruel sport, but every so often, it rewards those who love it and remain true to themselves.
OMG right! I do love me some Koepka with his Fug It attitude. But Michael Block stole the show this past weekend. An ace on 15!! I was completely geeking out and was so happy for him as this changed his life forever. Plus, making the par put on 18 to finish in the top 15 to earn $300K is life changing. Then, getting a sponsor's exemption next week. His PGA rating went from 3300 up to the top 200 or something like that.

What an amazing cool ass storyline!!
from 3580th to 577th
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »