Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Stars vs Wild Round 1

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Justin Kase

Re: Stars vs Wild Round 1

Post by Justin Kase »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:24 pm Where would Boston losing this rank in pro sports upset history?
Unbelievable! Huge upset!
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Wow. Cost my kid $350. Had Carolina, Knights and Bruins all moving on in a 3 team parlay. Shoulda had the easiest way with Boston.
My body, my choice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Perfect example of why although you obviously want to do your best during the regular season the only thing that realy matters is just making it to post season no matter what your seed. Chip. Chair. Chance.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

I thought for sure it was over when Boston made it 3-2.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Bruins goalie didn’t see the puck at all, he never even moved.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Justin Kase wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:54 pm I thought for sure it was over when Boston made it 3-2.
Same. Give the Panthers credit...they never quit and fought back hard. Maybe our local squad could learn a few things by watching games like this! Now time for ANOTHER game 7 with the Avs & Kracken!
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hornets wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:54 pm Perfect example of why although you obviously want to do your best during the regular season the only thing that realy matters is just making it to post season no matter what your seed. Chip. Chair. Chance.
For sure.

Wish I could stay up and watch this one, but not gonna happen……. maybe just a little bit.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Justin Kase wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:58 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:54 pm Perfect example of why although you obviously want to do your best during the regular season the only thing that realy matters is just making it to post season no matter what your seed. Chip. Chair. Chance.
For sure.

Wish I could stay up and watch this one, but not gonna happen……. maybe just a little bit.
Yep...I'll watch period one and catch the highlights in the morning!
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

President's Cup Curse.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hornets wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:00 pm
Justin Kase wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:58 pm
For sure.

Yep...I'll watch period one and catch the highlights in the morning!
Ok, maybe I can stay up until 10:00! It’s 2-0 Kraken now!
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

dennis1 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:12 pm President's Cup Curse.
Just seen on twitter, the last 11 president cup winners haven't won it all. It's weird, any of them haven't even been close. Only 1 of them has made it to the conference finals.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

DOWN GO THE AVS!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the only thing that's important in the regular season in the NHL is to get in the playoffs. it's been this way since the 80s. that's hockey.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

toronto fans deserve a run. a historic hockey city that hasn't been on one since doug gilmour played for the leafs. and haven't won a stanley cup since the 60s.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:34 am the only thing that's important in the regular season in the NHL is to get in the playoffs. it's been this way since the 80s. that's hockey.
I made reference to this yesterday Weimy
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:57 am
weimy froob wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:34 am the only thing that's important in the regular season in the NHL is to get in the playoffs. it's been this way since the 80s. that's hockey.
I made reference to this yesterday Weimy
you're right. you can make runs from back in the pack in the NHL--but the cream rises to the top by the time they're lifting up the cup. it's just not usually the team that has the most regular season points. very different that way from the chalk winners that have happened on a regular basis in the NFL and NBA. the team with the best record in the regular season in baseball has a harder time winning the championship than those other two sports too.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

MN Mediocrity wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:20 pm
dennis1 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:12 pm President's Cup Curse.
Just seen on twitter, the last 11 president cup winners haven't won it all. It's weird, any of them haven't even been close. Only 1 of them has made it to the conference finals.
I would be interested in seeing a cross-sport comparison about the % of time the team with the best regular season record wins it all. It would not surprise me if hockey had the least, but I'd like to see the data.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
DMB

Post by DMB »

Yep. Then the teams best built for playoff hockey thrive. The Wild are not built for playoff hockey in any way.
Semper Fi
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Brady Skjei (CAR), Phil Kessel (VG), Nick Bjugstad (EDM), Matthew Knies and Justin Holl (TOR) get to see Round 2.

Two former Gophers are fighting for 1 last spot:

Erik Haula (NJ) vs Ryan Lindgren (NYR) in game 7

Don't think I missed anyone.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Erickson Ek has a fractured fibula.....would be interesting to know who gave Ek the clearance to play in game 2 assuming the broken leg diagnosis had been divulged. If it was known before the game that it was broken it seems pretty irresponsible to have had him in the lineup. Have done a little research tonight seeing what the recovery time for something like this is and everything I have read so far would suggest Ek had no business being out there.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Hornets wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:15 pm Erickson Ek has a fractured fibula.....would be interesting to know who gave Ek the clearance to play in game 2 assuming the broken leg diagnosis had been divulged. If it was known before the game that it was broken it seems pretty irresponsible to have had him in the lineup. Have done a little research tonight seeing what the recovery time for something like this is and everything I have read so far would suggest Ek had no business being out there.
I still say they had him skate out there to get the crowd fired up, knowing he wouldn't be of any help.

Either that, I suppose it was possible it was only slightly broken, he thought he could go, and when it consistently didn't get better they rescanned it

My mom had a broken pelvis from a fall for about 4 weeks before they finally found the source of the information.

You'd think Ek would have better doctors than my mom going to the local small hospital here in the far north metro.

Says something about the medical team if, after 2-3-4 weeks, whatever it was, they still hadn't located a break, and said that he could go. And only now stated he had a break, unless he took a hit in the game that made it worse.
Last edited by LwnmwrMan222 on Mon May 01, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My body, my choice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:23 pm
Hornets wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:15 pm Erickson Ek has a fractured fibula.....would be interesting to know who gave Ek the clearance to play in game 2 assuming the broken leg diagnosis had been divulged. If it was known before the game that it was broken it seems pretty irresponsible to have had him in the lineup. Have done a little research tonight seeing what the recovery time for something like this is and everything I have read so far would suggest Ek had no business being out there.
I still say they had him skate out there to get the crowd fired up, knowing he wouldn't be of any help.
That would make for a great story but someone would have lost their job were it true. Putting yourself shorthanded for virtually the entire game was NOT the plan I can assure you!