Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Wild Chat February & March thread***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Beef Supreme

Re: ***Official Wild Chat February & March thread***

Post by Beef Supreme »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:49 pm OMG!!! EMPTY NET 6 on 4!!!!! Gaudreau with (2) short handed goals.

THEY PULLED HIM!!! NOOOOO!!!! Needed to leave Gaudreau in to have a chance at short handed hat trick!!
A completely short-handed hatty would have been something. I wonder if that’s ever happened before.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
The Roofer

Post by The Roofer »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:55 pm
The Roofer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:53 pm We’ll take those 2 points
I would have been happy stealing a single point on them in Colorado. To get out of there gaining two points is enormous.

Are we now up 5 points with 6 to go? Not over, but that’s a healthy cushion.
Intense 3rd period, stood up pacing the entire period- off to Vegas- huge to get one there!
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

I would have been happy stealing a single point on them in Colorado. To get out of there gaining two points is enormous.

Earlier in the game they showed MN with 95 points, Avs with 94. So that's just 3 points..... unless TNT was wrong.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:56 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:49 pm OMG!!! EMPTY NET 6 on 4!!!!! Gaudreau with (2) short handed goals.

THEY PULLED HIM!!! NOOOOO!!!! Needed to leave Gaudreau in to have a chance at short handed hat trick!!
A completely short-handed hatty would have been something. I wonder if that’s ever happened before.
TNT guys said no. They wanted Gaudreau to stay out for that chance since CO left the goal empty after his empty netter.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

TNT just showed Wild up by 3 points in the Central, and 1 point behind LV for the lead in the Western Conference. Saturday's game, followed by Monday's is gonna put a real stamp on this season.
My body, my choice.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:02 am

Earlier in the game they showed MN with 95 points, Avs with 94. So that's just 3 points..... unless TNT was wrong.
No, they’re right. After the game, I checked the on-line standings, but assumed they hadn’t been updated yet. But they had. So it’s 3pts and 7 to go.

- Isaac Asimov
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

The Avs entered the game with control of their own destiny, now the Wild own that. 3 point lead, but the Avs have a game in hand.

So glad I stayed up for the whole game. The puck was in the Wild zone for almost the entire 3rd. Gustavsson was the MVP. I don't know if we win that with Fluery in net. What a move to trade Talbot for Filip.

BTW, Dallas has by far the easiest remaining schedule followed by the Avs. MN has a top 10 or so toughest.

Dallas is @ Colorado on Saturday! Game to watch..
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Stu Pedaso wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:18 am The Avs entered the game with control of their own destiny, now the Wild own that. 3 point lead, but the Avs have a game in hand.

So glad I stayed up for the whole game. The puck was in the Wild zone for almost the entire 3rd. Gustavsson was the MVP. I don't know if we win that with Fluery in net. What a move to trade Talbot for Filip.

BTW, Dallas has by far the easiest remaining schedule followed by the Avs. MN has a top 10 or so toughest.
MN has one of the toughest schedules left in the league, with 2 games against the GK.

As I stated a bit ago, they can put a HUGE stamp on the season if they can 2, hopefully 3 points against the Knights. If they can get 4, I feel that would be absolutely remarkable.

Gus shoulda only had 1 goal scored against, had it not been for the busted play, where I believe either Hartman or Zucc shot, rebound went to the Avs as their guy was leaving the box behind our defense for an absolute breakaway.
My body, my choice.
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

Also, loved that Sam Steel replaced Duhaime and had an absolute beautiful "no look" backhand goal. He earned that.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

What a great win for the Wild, wish I could have watched until the end. Honestly, it wouldn’t have surprised me to see them lose by a few in this one. Hope they can keep it going, so nice to see the goaltending be so complete.
DMB

Post by DMB »

Might be time to see what we can get for KK97-or just cut bait altogether?
Semper Fi
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

It happened only once before, per the announcers last night. Theo Fleury in 1991. TWO goals happened on the same penalty kill!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:07 am

It happened only once before, per the announcers last night. Theo Fleury in 1991. TWO goals happened on the same penalty kill!
Cool. Theo was a character, man.

- Isaac Asimov
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Stu Pedaso wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:18 am The Avs entered the game with control of their own destiny, now the Wild own that. 3 point lead, but the Avs have a game in hand.

In Gus we Trust?! You bet he was the MVP! Colorado was the better team last night. The AVs completely tilted the rink in the 3rd period. And that is precisely why I'd prefer to see them in the playoffs later, rather than sooner.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:14 am

In Gus we Trust?! You bet he was the MVP! Colorado was the better team last night. The AVs completely tilted the rink in the 3rd period. And that is precisely why I'd prefer to see them in the playoffs later, rather than sooner.
Agreed. I thought the Wild went into a little too much of a shell to sit on the two goal lead. They pretty much stopped forechecking in the 3rd period and conceded the zone way too easily. The Avs cut it to one and with that bad call penalty against us late, it very easily could have been a tie game.

I understand why the ref thought it was a penalty. I don't blame him that much, but it was a bad call. Why that is not reviewable, I don't know. It was obvious and apparent on replay that the puck hit the boards. That could have been a division-champion altering missed call. When it's something that objective and not a call like interference or holding where there's some grey area subjectivity with the contact, why not allow it to be reviewed?

- Isaac Asimov
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:25 am
Angry Waters wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:14 am

Agreed. I thought the Wild went into a little too much of a shell to sit on the two goal lead. They pretty much stopped forechecking in the 3rd period and conceded the zone way too easily. The Avs cut it to one and with that bad call penalty against us late, it very easily could have been a tie game.

I understand why the ref thought it was a penalty. I don't blame him that much, but it was a bad call. Why that is not reviewable, I don't know. It was obvious and apparent on replay that the puck hit the boards. That could have been a division-champion altering missed call. When it's something that objective and not a call like interference or holding where there's some grey area subjectivity with the contact, why not allow it to be reviewed?
5,000% in complete agreement! How this doesn't get fixed (and why it's even an issue!!!) at their next league meeting should be on the agenda. It shouldn't even take some type of 'league action'. Bettman should be able to issue a memorandum saying that that particular call is now reviewable.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Missed the 2nd and 3rd period and was delighted to wake up and see the boys finished the Avs off! Incredible what has taken place over the last couple of months and am super anxious to get the playoffs going!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Ran down to IA, +800 to win the conference and +2000 to win the cup.

Put $100 on each.

Hopefully the Wild help me cash $3,000.
My body, my choice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pm Ran down to IA, +800 to win the conference and +2000 to win the cup.

Put $100 on each.

Hopefully the Wild help me cash $3,000.
Did you run into Marco Rossi??!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
devobill

Post by devobill »

Damn!