Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Anything good coming out soon?

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: Anything good coming out soon?

Post by YBBR »

Pretty cool trailer. They have some killer artists over at From Software. Still don't really know what this game is going to be. But yeah, I guess they've been working on this in concert with Elden Ring. So I was surprised to hear it's much further along than I thought. Do we think this is a 2023 game?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Hades II also was announced at the game awards. That was a nice surprise. Hades is an unbelievably good game and I love Supergiant's output. Sort of wished they were doing something new, but I have no doubt Hades II will be a banger.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:48 pm
Pretty cool trailer. They have some killer artists over at From Software. Still don't really know what this game is going to be. But yeah, I guess they've been working on this in concert with Elden Ring. So I was surprised to hear it's much further along than I thought. Do we think this is a 2023 game?
Yep, I think the trailer or something showed 2023.

It might be this spring considering Froms other releases happened in the spring. And they also don't do full trailers until it's almost ready to go.

It has to be done, they started in 2017-2018.
tommy carpasch

Post by tommy carpasch »

At some point we're all just waiting for the next Grand Theft Auto to save us from the monotony and buggy/pricey releases of everything else. I do think themed games like Harry Potter type of stuff could garner some interest though.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

tommy carpasch wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:13 am At some point we're all just waiting for the next Grand Theft Auto to save us from the monotony and buggy/pricey releases of everything else. I do think themed games like Harry Potter type of stuff could garner some interest though.
This is pretty much me exactly. I’m a prestige single player gamer. Just waiting on GTA fallout TES. Everything else is filler, but I do have my eye on Harry Potter.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
tommy carpasch

Post by tommy carpasch »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:38 am
tommy carpasch wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:13 am At some point we're all just waiting for the next Grand Theft Auto to save us from the monotony and buggy/pricey releases of everything else. I do think themed games like Harry Potter type of stuff could garner some interest though.
This is pretty much me exactly. I’m a prestige single player gamer. Just waiting on GTA fallout TES. Everything else is filler, but I do have my eye on Harry Potter.
Nice. glad to meet a likeminded rube!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I never got into the whole Pokemon thing, but I picked up the new violet one a few weeks ago and have been playing it during my downtime at work. If you can overlook the overly simplified and fairly lame story and the buggy shitty graphics... It's actually fun and a pretty decent time killer. It actually got me to buy the Arcius one they released last year. Which is also decent for some different reasons. Better graphics and gameplay, but not as open of a world.

I really don't get why Nintendo didn't just use the same tech they used in Breath of the Wild for Pokemon Violet/Scarlett. It just looked and worked better.
I made this!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Again I would limit your exposure to the vast majority of triple A games. They're are usually a handful worth a damn every year and a bunch of retread trash. Expand your horizons and play stuff off the beaten path a bit, from more mid tier developers and play some indies. These past couple years that's where some of the best games have come from for sure.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

That upcoming Pirate Game by Ubisoft looks okay. I wonder if it's just a story-driven ship-mode from Assassins Creed type game though.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Dr. Linux

Post by Dr. Linux »

Diablo IV on June 6th ( supposebly )

I thought 3 was grate fun. Pre-ordered.
-

Got Root?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Stuff I'm either looking forward to or think is very interesting so far for 2023:

Atomic Heart (This game looks insane. Mick Gordon doing the soundtrack? Fuck yeah.)
Dead Space (Remake) (Heard Callisto Protocol wasn't the best. Hopefully this gets it right.)
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (Team Ninja shit. I like da Team Ninja.)
Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (How do you follow up Breath of the Wild? We'll see.)
Starfield (Yeah. I'm interested. Come through for once Bethesda!)
Diablo IV (Looks pretty sweet. Not a huge Diablo head either.)
Street Fighter 6 (People losing their minds about how much they've enjoyed the Beta's for this.)
Baldur's Gate III (Larian Studios are masters at these kind of games.)
Alan Wake 2 (Fucking let's go. I didn't think Control was as good as everybody else. Make Alan Wake great again!)
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk (Jet Set Radio spiritual successor from the Lethal League developers. This has a chance to be amazing.)
Skate Story (Trailer for this rocked my socks off.)
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (I'm in for whatever the hell this is.)
Hollow Knight: Silksong (First one was great!)
Slitterhead (Creepy cool Japan stuff)
STALKER 2 (Is this coming? Seems cool)

Probably some I'm forgetting that might release this year. Think these could be good.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I'm excited for stalker 2, but the developer company is Ukrainian, so that fuck'n war probably pushed the game out a good long time...
I made this!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:28 pm I'm excited for stalker 2, but the developer company is Ukrainian, so that fuck'n war probably pushed the game out a good long time...
They went radio silent on that one. I think they've still been quietly working on it though. Yeah, maybe it's a 2024 joint still. Who can say?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Another one from Devolver that came out during E3 time frame I forgot about. How good are the art styles in this!? Super creative.