Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2022 Gophers Recruits

Home for Gopher Basketball
Hornets

Re: 2022 Gophers Recruits

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:22 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:42 pm
Bob Wiley wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:42 am

I talked to Pharrell at Park HS about the big ten. He’s hitting the weight room hard, especially for upper body. He knows how physical it is.
Sure you did Bob! :lol:
Everyone here would trust Bob way before they trust you.
Angry today, eh?! :lol: No worries....I'm a little upset as well from that Wild effort last night. :pissed:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:19 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:42 pm

Sure you did Bob! :lol:
Angry today, eh?! :lol: No worries....I'm a little upset as well from that Wild effort last night. :pissed:
Why would I be angry? Unlike you I have a career and a wife that isn't sucking our pastor's dick. Cheers. :beer:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:21 am

Why would I be angry? Unlike you I have a career and a wife that isn't sucking our pastor's dick. Cheers. :beer:
I'm sure your "wife" would be proud of your comments here! :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:35 am

My wife knows I'm not a misogynist that indiscriminately refers to women I don't agree with as a bitch so yeah we're good.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:38 am
Hornets wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:35 am

My wife knows I'm not a misogynist that indiscriminately refers to women I don't agree with as a bitch so yeah we're good.
Name one woman that I've called a bitch that is indeed NOT a bitch....good luck.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

It looks promising this upcoming season but as I've said before... We had many off seasons where we praised what Pitino brought in only to be disappointed.

What type of season are some of you expecting this coming year?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:21 pm It looks promising this upcoming season but as I've said before... We had many off seasons where we praised what Pitino brought in only to be disappointed.

There should not be high expectations for this program yet. They are still going to finish in the bottom half of the BT and possibly even the bottom third. What fans should realistically be looking for is continued continuity with their offensive schemes - something that Pitino's teams never dreamed of - and they are going to try and shut teams down this year. After that the next off-season is when we should be able to more accurately judge whether or not Ben can recruit legit talent into the program.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Garcia and Battle are two guys who should be in contention for all big ten honors. After that it depends on development of Carrington/Payne... how do Cooper and Samuels hold down the point guard spot... too early to know if it's a tournament team but only Samuels has one year of eligibility.. in theory 10 guys could return for another season so this could be a really good team a year from now.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:44 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:21 pm It looks promising this upcoming season but as I've said before... We had many off seasons where we praised what Pitino brought in only to be disappointed.

There should not be high expectations for this program yet. They are still going to finish in the bottom half of the BT and possibly even the bottom third. What fans should realistically be looking for is continued continuity with their offensive schemes - something that Pitino's teams never dreamed of - and they are going to try and shut teams down this year. After that the next off-season is when we should be able to more accurately judge whether or not Ben can recruit legit talent into the program.
LOL...already making excuses for this team!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:24 pm

When have I ever made excuses for the Gophers bb team? Comprehending it's ludicrous to expect a coach to completely rebuild a 100% dogshit roster in just 2 years of the toughest conference in college basketball is not making excuses.

I realize I've hurt you deeply Munger but carrying a grudge and trying to manufacture gotchas is not a good way to go through life. Seek a therapist.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:31 pm

When have I ever made excuses for the Gophers bb team? Comprehending it's ludicrous to expect a coach to completely rebuild a 100% dogshit roster in just 2 years of the toughest conference in college basketball is not making excuses.

I realize I've hurt you deeply Munger but carrying a grudge and trying to manufacture gotchas is not a good way to go through life. Seek a therapist.
:lol: When have you ever made excuses? Um, read your original comments! :lol: :lol:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:03 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:31 pm

:lol: When have you ever made excuses? Um, read your original comments! :lol: :lol:
That's not making an excuse that's factually discussing the talent they are going to have. I guarantee you there won't be more than 1 or 2 prognosticators (if any) that predict them to finish anywhere near the top half of the BT. Will they be making excuses too? Making excuses is something you do after the fact to explain away a failure to meet expectations.

Good Lord you have the cognitive skills of a child.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Let's get Tropical
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

https://gophersports.com/news/2022/11/9 ... ll-program

Gophers Welcome Three Additions to the Men's Basketball Program