Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Last time on the course 2022

3puttparguy

Last time on the course 2022

Post by 3puttparguy »

A little late to continue with the 1st time thread. Since the leaves are starting to change color and drop(at least here in central MN) I think we should keep others informed of the best places to finish up the season.
This time of year one of my favorites is Albion Ridges(Wright county). No leaves. Always in nice shape.
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Re: Last time on the course 2022

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

3puttparguy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:17 pm A little late to continue with the 1st time thread. Since the leaves are starting to change color and drop(at least here in central MN) I think we should keep others informed of the best places to finish up the season.
This time of year one of my favorites is Albion Ridges(Wright county). No leaves. Always in nice shape.
Nice topic!! I love playing Albion Ridges and play it regularly throughout the season. As a matter of fact, I shot my best there about a month ago. Course is always in great shape and not too many leaves in the fall thus easier to find your ball. Plus, they are usually the first to open in the season and one of the last to close.

Another sneaky favorite is, Southbrook in Annandale.
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

Albion never closes unless there's snow on the greens. Played there the past two Decembers. Used plastic cone type tees.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

That area has a bunch of nice courses. Pebble, Wild Marsh.
Will be interesting to see if the new owners at Wild Marsh make money. I know they gave a shit load of free golf away. The full time dining idea died on the vine already.
I also heard that the free rounds were being rung up as PCC rounds even if the person using it was not a PCC member. That is a little bit of fraud there.
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

Riverwood north of Albertville has some trees on a few holes but for the majority it's leaf free. Kind of the same for Cedar Creek in Albertville. Fairly tame layout. Monticello has some trees but I've found that it is easier to hit the fairway and do not break out the Pro V's. :D Further north, east of St. Cloud is Territory. Real nice place. Great dining/restaurant too. Front nine has few trees but back nine has quite a few.
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

It's official. I played my last round of the year at Monticello CC. Course was in great shape. Didn't lose a ball as the leaves were mostly mulched everywhere. Helped I only missed one fairway though :D Beautiful weather. Played good so that just capped it off. Hoping we get some December golf again this year like the last 2. Now off to the deer stand..
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

3puttparguy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:41 pm It's official. I played my last round of the year at Monticello CC. Course was in great shape. Didn't lose a ball as the leaves were mostly mulched everywhere. Helped I only missed one fairway though :D Beautiful weather. Played good so that just capped it off. Hoping we get some December golf again this year like the last 2. Now off to the deer stand..
Any 3 putts?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

Hornets wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:19 am
3puttparguy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:41 pm It's official. I played my last round of the year at Monticello CC. Course was in great shape. Didn't lose a ball as the leaves were mostly mulched everywhere. Helped I only missed one fairway though :D Beautiful weather. Played good so that just capped it off. Hoping we get some December golf again this year like the last 2. Now off to the deer stand..
Any 3 putts?
Not too many eagle attempts these days as I age and play old man golf. :D A good average drive(in the fairway) is an honest 250. No 3 wood(4 wedges) I have a hybrid I hit about 210-215.
But yesterday there were no 3 putts. Except for a couple, Monticello's greens aren't crazy. Or too fast. 12/13 fairways. 12/18 greens. 31 putts. 2 birdies. 4 bogies. 37/36-73(par 71) Played the 6100+/- tees.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

3puttparguy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:41 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:19 am
Any 3 putts?
Not too many eagle attempts these days as I age and play old man golf. :D A good average drive(in the fairway) is an honest 250. No 3 wood(4 wedges) I have a hybrid I hit about 210-215.
But yesterday there were no 3 putts. Except for a couple, Monticello's greens aren't crazy. Or too fast. 12/13 fairways. 12/18 greens. 31 putts. 2 birdies. 4 bogies. 37/36-73(par 71) Played the 6100+/- tees.
Sounds awesome...well done!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Several courses will have pins in next week. After that, temps fall hard. Only a few will re open on nicer days. A few hard cores are Oak Summit in Rochester. Shadowbrooke in Lester Prairie, Bulrush in Rush City. Those 3 will stay open until the snow flies.