Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Anyone else sign up for the PlayStation subscription service?

Video game themed message board
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Anyone else sign up for the PlayStation subscription service?

Post by Abe Froman »

PS Plus Premium or above? I noticed several games that I can already play on game pass with my Xbox, but I still upgraded to premium for several games. It honestly doesn't seem like a bad deal.
I made this!
Mandatory

Re: Anyone else sign up for the PlayStation subscription service?

Post by Mandatory »

I have a PS Plus membership... not because of the gamepass deal.. but because a lot of the online games require PS+ to play multiplayer. It's unfortunate but worth it.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:17 pm I have a PS Plus membership... not because of the gamepass deal.. but because a lot of the online games require PS+ to play multiplayer. It's unfortunate but worth it.
I kinda like the games thing. After buying my new house, I've gotta tighten the belt a little more and being able to cut back on my gaming costs while still having new games to play is pretty helpful. So far with my PS5 I've bought one game, Horizon forbidden West, and the rest all came from the service. I like that.
I made this!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I would 100% but I'm not sure I can use an Xbox controller with it. The PS controller layout blows for the games I play.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:52 am I would 100% but I'm not sure I can use an Xbox controller with it. The PS controller layout blows for the games I play.
Everyone raved about the new playstation controller, but honestly I don't really like it. It feels like my wrists are bending all weird when I used it for a couple hours last night... Maybe I'll get used to it, but honestly if they allowed me to use my PS4 controller I probably would have switched it out last night.
I made this!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I need to be able to keep my left thumb on the stick while allowing my right thumb to get to the D pad.

Doable

Not doable
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:09 pm I need to be able to keep my left thumb on the stick while allowing my right thumb to get to the D pad.

Doable

Not doable
I've developed some really fucking weird hand placement habits because of the Duelshock controller. Not like all the time, but as needed. I can definitely use every button on the controller without removing my hand (not thumb) from the joystick. I'm kind of proud of it.

That being said, the Xbox controller is definitely better and easier.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:45 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:09 pm I need to be able to keep my left thumb on the stick while allowing my right thumb to get to the D pad.

Doable

Not doable
I've developed some really fucking weird hand placement habits because of the Duelshock controller. Not like all the time, but as needed. I can definitely use every button on the controller without removing my hand (not thumb) from the joystick. I'm kind of proud of it.

It was really prominent in Sekiro with the up on the d-pad being heal. How the fuck am I supposed to avoid Isshin while trying to heal with a fucking PS controller!!!!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:49 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:45 pm

Doable

Not doable

It was really prominent in Sekiro with the up on the d-pad being heal. How the fuck am I supposed to avoid Isshin while trying to heal with a fucking PS controller!!!!
:lol: Trust me, I hear you. That game made me learn this maneuver. It's not ideal but once you get used to it, it's not terrible.

I also kinda palm the joystick and hit it with the tip of my finger sometimes.

It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.