Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KOC question....

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cunningham

Re: KOC question....

Post by cunningham »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:49 pm
cunningham wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:22 pm
PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:59 pm
You can realize that Kirk produced the best 4 year stretch of offense in team history with a new OC every single year and a horrible OL combined with a coach who was too stupid to understand this.
How so?

Also, with the restructure Kirk dropped to the 6th highest paid player in the NFL capwise. From 2018-2021 Kirk Cousins was paid more money than any other player in the entire NFL.

Coaches are only as good as their players. Zimmer hasn't been given much with the constant need on the offensive line.

No more excuses this year though. Zimmer got fired and we hired a coach who worked with Kirk in the past and is coming off of a Super Bowl win.

The Vikings should win the North for the first time in Cousins time here at the very least, correct?
I can’t force you to understand simple things. Especially when you are blinded by irrational hate.

Yes- we should win the North. And yes- there are no excuses for Kirk this year. But if he plays like he has or even improves a little then he has nothing to prove.
I do hate Cousins, but mostly because of a few here that relentlessly say he is the best thing on this team. He has zero personality or leadership. He is a hard guy to like and pull for.

He is way too streaky for my taste. How can anyone ever trust him to string together a consistent season? There is always something and some excuse where it is never his fault in some people’s eyes. It makes me hate him even more that some people are like abused spouses and won’t let go of him. Just because he is the best we have or have had in a few years doesn’t mean we should stop looking.

Last season I had more fun watching each game expecting them to lose. It changed my perspective a bit, but I was done with it. Now we get the same BS players with a green coach and a DC who never was, and never will be anywhere near as good as Zimmer.

It might be two more years of this. I pray we take a quarterback next year though… That we groom our own and rebuild this roster of bloated salary old dudes.

I sure miss when our team won 11 or 13 games in a season. Since Cousins has been here we have had one kinda good year with Stefanski. Who might be significantly better than KOC?

It will be fun and that is what it is all about. We needed a big change. I don’t care whatsoever about Cousins TD/INT rate because the guy puts up gaudy stats against shitty teams. I want him to win. Control the clock. Call some audibles. Actually play the game himself and not be an empty head with a play punched in.

But for KOC, I hope he pulls a Cyrano and calls plays to make Kirk not fold like origami.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

cunningham wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:47 pm

How so?

Also, with the restructure Kirk dropped to the 6th highest paid player in the NFL capwise. From 2018-2021 Kirk Cousins was paid more money than any other player in the entire NFL.

Coaches are only as good as their players. Zimmer hasn't been given much with the constant need on the offensive line.

No more excuses this year though. Zimmer got fired and we hired a coach who worked with Kirk in the past and is coming off of a Super Bowl win.

The Vikings should win the North for the first time in Cousins time here at the very least, correct?
I can’t force you to understand simple things. Especially when you are blinded by irrational hate.

Yes- we should win the North. And yes- there are no excuses for Kirk this year. But if he plays like he has or even improves a little then he has nothing to prove.
I do hate Cousins
You hate the #6 rated QB in all of football and the best we have had here for more than a single season in more than 20 years. Got it.

This is like the wokesters (assuming that is you as well) that hate America but would hate to leave. Find a new team, clown.

The likes of you, tubes, Martybitch etc. just being here to troll and whine are really pathetic. Your life clearly sucks.
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Coach Guy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:03 pm

I do hate Cousins
You hate the #6 rated QB in all of football and the best we have had here for more than a single season in more than 20 years. Got it.

This is like the wokesters (assuming that is you as well) that hate America but would hate to leave. Find a new team, clown.

The likes of you and tubes etc just being here to troll and bitch are really pathetic. Your life clearly sucks.
He's not the 6th best QB in the league. :lol:

You know what sucks? Kirt Cousins record with his respective teams over the last decade. :lol:

Nobody wanted this guy in a trade this off season unless they were giving up nothing to get him.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I do hate Cousins

The likes of you, tubes, Martybitch etc. just being here to troll and whine are really pathetic. Your life clearly sucks.
“Love it or leave it..”

Ok. I will just quit being a fan of the team I have watched my entire life because of Kirk Cousins.

My life clearly sucks because I don’t see Kirk Cousins the way you do. :lol:
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

I do hate Cousins

Most Vikings fans lives have sucked for 50 years. :lol:
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

How so?

I do hate Cousins, but mostly because of a few here that relentlessly say he is the best thing on this team. He has zero personality or leadership. He is a hard guy to like and pull for.

He is way too streaky for my taste. How can anyone ever trust him to string together a consistent season? There is always something and some excuse where it is never his fault in some people’s eyes. It makes me hate him even more that some people are like abused spouses and won’t let go of him. Just because he is the best we have or have had in a few years doesn’t mean we should stop looking.

Last season I had more fun watching each game expecting them to lose. It changed my perspective a bit, but I was done with it. Now we get the same BS players with a green coach and a DC who never was, and never will be anywhere near as good as Zimmer.

It might be two more years of this. I pray we take a quarterback next year though… That we groom our own and rebuild this roster of bloated salary old dudes.

I sure miss when our team won 11 or 13 games in a season. Since Cousins has been here we have had one kinda good year with Stefanski. Who might be significantly better than KOC?

It will be fun and that is what it is all about. We needed a big change. I don’t care whatsoever about Cousins TD/INT rate because the guy puts up gaudy stats against shitty teams. I want him to win. Control the clock. Call some audibles. Actually play the game himself and not be an empty head with a play punched in.

But for KOC, I hope he pulls a Cyrano and calls plays to make Kirk not fold like origami.
I know you hate him. That’s why your relentless pissing and moaning is so nauseating.

You had all the love and patience in the world for a different QB who threw 14tds in a season with 8 being against Chicago and Detroit and the other 6 spread among the remaining 12 games on the schedule. You also hated Case who was a big improvement from Teddy. That’s not just a coincidence. Nor is your desire to sit Kirk and Play Mond who has shown absolutely nothing.

So please- just keep posting your nonstop diatribes. It’s what we expect from you and it demonstrates who you are.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

The Psycho wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:16 pm

I do hate Cousins

Whole lotta verbal puke outa you clowns. Try looking at the bright side for once. This team has a lot of talent and is coming off offensively one of the best multi-year runs in team history. That should continue. If Kirk does retire a Viking, he will likely go down as the best QB in Vikings history. Respect it.
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Coach Guy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:22 pm

Whole lotta verbal puke outa you clowns. Try looking at the bright side for once. This team has a lot of talent and is coming off offensively one of the best multi-year runs in team history. That should continue. If Kirk does retire a Viking, he will likely go down as the best QB in Vikings history. Respect it.

:lol:

Blind homer chat
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

He won't retire a Viking.

You told us last year how much talent this teams has.

It's not even close to as good as an offensive as the Green years. This team looks great offensively against the bottom feeders and goes into a shell in big games against big time opponents. We've been seeing it year after year. Just like what happened against the Rams this year etc. This team looks great when they are 2-4 playing Carolina.

This team isn't a contender and you won't find anyone saying they are from Vegas to the talking heads but it's good to know a few homers here think they are going to win it every year. Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel good. :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:34 pm

It's not even close to as good as an offensive as the Green years. This team looks great offensively against the bottom feeders and goes into a shell in big games against big time opponents. We've been seeing it year after year. Just like what happened against the Rams this year etc. This team looks great when they are 2-4 playing Carolina.

This team isn't a contender and you won't find anyone saying they are from Vegas to the talking heads but it's good to know a few homers here think they are going to win it every year. Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel good. :thumbsup:
We all know who the Homers are! :lol:
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Really because as I recall they were in 15 - 1 score games and the defense was historically bad closing end of game and half situations. They lost to the Rams by a touchdown, and gave up 30. We took the other SB participant down to the wire and fumbled it away with the game in hand. It won't take much good fortune to flip some of these outcomes. Add on small improvements to the team and a fresh philosophy. There is something here. Your life sucks you are going through things don't take your misery out on the board.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Coach Guy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:31 pm

Really because as I recall they were in 15 - 1 score games and the defense was historically bad closing end of game and half situations. They lost to the Rams by a touchdown, and gave up 30. We took the other SB participant down to the wire and fumbled it away with the game in hand. It won't take much good fortune to flip some of these outcomes. Add on small improvements to the team and there is something here. Your life sucks you are going through things don't take your misery out on the board.
Yes, I'm taking things out on the board. Nothing to do with this team going 7-9, 8-9, not being in the playoffs in consecutive seasons in over a decade and haven't competed for the division since Cousins got here. :bday:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

We could have won the North last year if Zimmer hadn’t mailed it in. He gave up on the team and singlehandedly lost games for the team with terrible decisions.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

With the majority of the team back and the new regime in place, I give this team a 2 win improvement.

9-8
Hector

Post by Hector »

I do hate Cousins

Not wanting Cousin's is like hating America...quite the angle. I've often considered him the Joe Biden of QBs.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I really hope I'm wrong but the KOC hiring does not inspire me. I feel like the #1 thing about hiring a HC was whether or not they believed in Cousins and all the top guys said, "No" so they just hired a guy who wasn't a top choice but believes in Kirk.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:07 am I really hope I'm wrong but the KOC hiring does not inspire me. I feel like the #1 thing about hiring a HC was whether or not they believed in Cousins and all the top guys said, "No" so they just hired a guy who wasn't a top choice but believes in Kirk.
Yeah, scares me a bit too. What really shocked me was guaranteeing Mannion $300k as a back up. The guy can't even play football and is an embarrassment, but let's pay him more money when we are cap strapped.

Ed Donatell has not called plays on defense in nearly a decade, but fans thing he will be a marked improvement over Zimmer?

KOC last called plays when he was in Washington in 2019. He won 3 games all season. With Case Keenum and Adrian Peterson.

But how Donatell is going to immediately improve this defense with most of the same players makes me scratch my head.
Smug Man

Post by Smug Man »

cunningham wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:17 am
salamander wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:07 am I really hope I'm wrong but the KOC hiring does not inspire me. I feel like the #1 thing about hiring a HC was whether or not they believed in Cousins and all the top guys said, "No" so they just hired a guy who wasn't a top choice but believes in Kirk.
Yeah, scares me a bit too. What really shocked me was guaranteeing Mannion $300k as a back up. The guy can't even play football and is an embarrassment, but let's pay him more money when we are cap strapped.

Ed Donatell has not called plays on defense in nearly a decade, but fans thing he will be a marked improvement over Zimmer?

KOC last called plays when he was in Washington in 2019. He won 3 games all season. With Case Keenum and Adrian Peterson.

But how Donatell is going to immediately improve this defense with most of the same players makes me scratch my head.
I thought all of the pieces were in place for Kirk? No excuses right? Seems like you’re questioning the pieces, no?
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

All indications were Harbaugh was high on Cousins as well. Couldn't be more wrong.

Jean Claude Van Damme

Post by Jean Claude Van Damme »

Really because as I recall they were in 15 - 1 score games and the defense was historically bad closing end of game and half situations. They lost to the Rams by a touchdown, and gave up 30. We took the other SB participant down to the wire and fumbled it away with the game in hand. It won't take much good fortune to flip some of these outcomes. Add on small improvements to the team and a fresh philosophy. There is something here. Your life sucks you are going through things don't take your misery out on the board.
Really, that's pretty low. I'm now keeping an eye on your posting.

How about all of you try to act like you aren't 12 and can actually try to support an argument you're making? Name calling just proves you've got nothing.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Jean Claude Van Damme wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:39 am

How about all of you try to act like you aren't 12 and can actually try to support an argument you're making? Name calling just proves you've got nothing.
My whole post is supporting my argument. You are not needed here. We are big boys

Jean Claude Van Damme

Post by Jean Claude Van Damme »

Coach Guy wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:42 am
Jean Claude Van Damme wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:39 am

My whole post is supporting my argument. You are not needed here. We are big boys
:lol:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Yeah, the Mannion thing was extremely concerning to boot. Between the hiring of KOC, extension of Kirk and resigning of Mannion almost all of the KAM air has been deflated for me. I just don't see quality GM moves yet out of him. Again, hopefully I'm wrong.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Coach Guy wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:38 am
All indications were Harbaugh was high on Cousins as well. Couldn't be more wrong.
Really? I guess I hadn't heard that. Not saying you're wrong, just hadn't heard that.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:08 pm
Coach Guy wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:38 am
Really? I guess I hadn't heard that. Not saying you're wrong, just hadn't heard that.

cunningham

Post by cunningham »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:06 pm

Yeah, the Mannion thing was extremely concerning to boot. Between the hiring of KOC, extension of Kirk and resigning of Mannion almost all of the KAM air has been deflated for me. I just don't see quality GM moves yet out of him. Again, hopefully I'm wrong.
I was excited until I saw the signed Cousins jersey that KOC had framed and then Mannion coming back at $300k guaranteed really was weird. We put him on our practice squad most of last year and no one would touch him. Then the new regime comes in and gives him guaranteed money?

I can understand the Cousins signing to relieve cap money and because this draft must stink at quarterback. I guess he thinks he can get more than others out of him? Cousins has the arm and a great deep ball. He also does very well in the red zone. Give him the ball at our own 30 after a turnover and he will go 3 and out every time. He doesn't put in the tough work when he needs to really grind it out, but maybe KOC's offense won't require that?

At least there is enough drama to make this season fun to watch. Two years ago was brutal, but last season was one of the hardest to watch as a Vikings fan. Then we kept going into overtime and dragging out the losses. Why? :lol:
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

I don't know in what world the Za'Darius signing wasn't a homerun. You are worried about peanuts. Hicks, Phillips, Reed were all nice signings as well.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Coach Guy wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:49 pm

I don't know in what world the Za'Darius signing wasn't a homerun. You are worried about peanuts. Hicks, Phillips, Reed were all nice signings as well.
I would call the Smith signing more of a double.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:10 pm

Yeah right. When in our history have we made a bigger splash and at a reasonable contract? We are insulated from injury risk. This is up there with Winfield/Fat Pat signings. Homerun.

"Meet at the QB"

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Coach Guy wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:15 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:10 pm

Yeah right. When in our history have we made a bigger splash and at a reasonable contract? We are insulated from injury risk. This is up there with Winfield/Fat Pat signings. Homerun.

"Meet at the QB"
You going to forget about the MONSTER moment we signed your boy, Kirt?

You just called him a top 6 QB and didn't mention him in top FA signings?!? Weird.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master