Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Monday Night Wars

cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: Monday Night Wars

Post by cmd24 »

I'm nearing Summer Slam of 2001. Every week Jericho proves he might be top 3 greatest mic men ever. The way he went after Stephanie is solid gold.
We're in the midst of the Invasion angle now. I'm not sure if it's writing, or just general lack of ability, but some of the WCW guys really seem to struggle with the transition.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

cmd24 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:02 pm I'm nearing Summer Slam of 2001. Every week Jericho proves he might be top 3 greatest mic men ever. The way he went after Stephanie is solid gold.
We're in the midst of the Invasion angle now. I'm not sure if it's writing, or just general lack of ability, but some of the WCW guys really seem to struggle with the transition.
Any of the WCW guys worth a damn were getting paid to stay at home due to their contract guarantees
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Cobey wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:33 pm
cmd24 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:02 pm I'm nearing Summer Slam of 2001. Every week Jericho proves he might be top 3 greatest mic men ever. The way he went after Stephanie is solid gold.
Any of the WCW guys worth a damn were getting paid to stay at home due to their contract guarantees
Pretty much. DDP was a big draw in the WCW, but his deal in the WWE was so horrible. Booker T is/was the only one, off the top of my head, that had something from the get go. But that might’ve been because he came in as the champion.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***