Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Are we still lamenting Boldy over Caufield?

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Stu Pedaso

Are we still lamenting Boldy over Caufield?

Post by Stu Pedaso »

Cole Caufield
After signing an ELC out of the NCAA late last season and scoring four goals and eight assists through 20 playoff games shortly thereafter, expectations were high for Cole Caufield heading into this season.

It’s no secret that Caufield’s second year as a pro has not gone as hoped. Pegged as the favourite to win the Calder Trophy, the 21-year-old has managed just one goal and eight points in 29 games and is now not appearing on any Calder Trophy power rankings.

The last time the normally sharpshooting Caufield scored a goal was Nov. 24 against the Washington Capitals. That’s also the only goal he’s scored this season. It’s certainly been a rookie season to forget for Caufield up to this point.
Hornets

Re: Are we still lamenting Boldy over Caufield?

Post by Hornets »

I'll admit I wanted them to draft Caufield and he may still end up having a great career, but goodness gracious Boldy looks good!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
DMB

Post by DMB »

I wanted Caulfield too-but the Wild were a differant team 3 years ago. Boldy looks like a pro at 20 and possibly something special.
Semper Fi
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

I honestly think with Cole at 5’7 and 165lbs and Boldy at 6’2 200 plus was the deciding factor in this one.

Durability could be big.
DMB

Post by DMB »

I don't mind smaller dudes like Caulfield-as long as they're fast and elusive. Patrick Kane for example-he's hard to hit.
Semper Fi
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

DMB wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:34 am I don't mind smaller dudes like Caulfield-as long as they're fast and elusive. Patrick Kane for example-he's hard to hit.
You’re right. Alex Debrincat is the exact same size as Cole and he’s tearing it up for Chicago.