Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICIAL WILD GAME CHAT...January***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Slap Shot

Re: ***OFFICIAL WILD GAME CHAT...January***

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:29 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:21 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:18 pm

Can always use a big, rugged goal scorer in the lineup. If memory serves I believe he was player of the year in both hockey and football his senior year!
He was for sure a HS all around stud and you might be right about the FB accolades. Either way more power to him I'm happy to see him excel.
Might have misspoke.... looks like Lee was a finalist for the hockey and football awards but not the winner. Yes, he certainly has excelled!
100%. Stud kid and I wish him the best.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Greenway signed for 3 years.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:50 pm Greenway signed for 3 years.
Not overjoyed but the terms are reasonable and there is still hope he'll get to another level. Just want more physical consistency from him as that part of his game goes away quite often. I'll trust Guerin on this....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:26 pm
boxter432 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:50 pm Greenway signed for 3 years.
Not overjoyed but the terms are reasonable and there is still hope he'll get to another level. Just want more physical consistency from him as that part of his game goes away quite often. I'll trust Guerin on this....
I don't think his physicality has been any kind of issue the past few months.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Foligno and Dumba ruled out for tomorrow.

Is Brodin done for the year?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:35 am Foligno and Dumba ruled out for tomorrow.

I think there's only tomorrow's game and then the all star break so probably just letting Foligno to get over his soreness from crashing into the end boards vs the Rangers. Haven't heard anything about Dumba.....covid?? What do you mean about Brodin? Haven't seen anything about him....
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:48 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:35 am Foligno and Dumba ruled out for tomorrow.

I think there's only tomorrow's game and then the all star break so probably just letting Foligno to get over his soreness from crashing into the end boards vs the Rangers. Haven't heard anything about Dumba.....covid?? What do you mean about Brodin? Haven't seen anything about him....
Dumba has a lower-body and is expected to miss at least 4 games.

I don't think Brodin has played since the first week of January and I've haven't seen any official update on this status.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/wild/bill ... PVHbcusjlU

Bill Guerin's First Cup Window Ends This Summer. He Has To Go For It.

While I agree the Wild are going to have some hard choices to make in the off-season I would not be onboard with them seriously mortgaging the future just to have a shot at a Cup this year. They already have some legit young talent in KK, E Ek, Greenway, Boldy, Kakhonen and Rossi, a young role guy such as Dewar, and then prospects (although none expected to be stars) such as Beckman, O’Rourke, Addison, Lambos, Swaney, Mermis, Khusnadinov, Khovanov and Wallstadt.

If Guerin makes some moves fine but at the expense of serious picks and prospects?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:05 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:48 pm

Dumba has a lower-body and is expected to miss at least 4 games.

I don't think Brodin has played since the first week of January and I've haven't seen any official update on this status.
Brodin did play in NY over the weekend so think he's ok now. Dumba out? Time for Caleb!!