Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Big win!

Home for Gopher Basketball
hategreenticemase

Big win!

Post by hategreenticemase »

Damn, didn't see them goin to Ann Arbor and coming away with a win.

Battle is a damn good player. Does so many things well. Willis couldn't guard my grandma but he gets to the rack whenever the F he wants to. If this team had a good big it would really be something.

What a fun start to the season.
feekdogg

Re: Big win!

Post by feekdogg »

Already matched win total from Pitino's worst season.
Ski

Post by Ski »

Gopher! 😊

Who is this Battle and why is he on our team? πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŠπŸ»
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Ben Johnson already has three road wins against power six conference teams this year. Incredible.
Eroder wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:31 pm Already matched win total from Pitino's worst season.
:lol:

What do you think of Johnson?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Hoop Dreams wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:35 pm Ben Johnson already has three road wins against power six conference teams this year. Incredible.
Did Pitino have that in his entire career here?
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:53 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:35 pm Ben Johnson already has three road wins against power six conference teams this year. Incredible.
Did Pitino have that in his entire career here?
I'm guessing he did. Not sure though.

2013-14 and 2016-17 would be the years to check because I can't imagine it happening any other year.
β€œWe are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
β€” Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:48 pm
feekdogg wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:31 pm Already matched win total from Pitino's worst season.

I wasn't real thrilled with hiring a guy who had no head coaching experience, and playing the "one of us" angle, but he's really proved me wrong. That said, I still feel like ths team is one injury away from faling apart.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Great start to the year, but we really need to develop a bench. We won’t last throughout conference play with a rotation this small
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:33 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:48 pm

I wasn't real thrilled with hiring a guy who had no head coaching experience, and playing the "one of us" angle, but he's really proved me wrong. That said, I still feel like ths team is one injury away from faling apart.
Yeah, same. Certainly doubted it. Certainly want to see a lot more but hoping he proves us all wrong. The one thing I liked was adding Thorson. He is legit.

I do really like our low turnovers. We also rebound fairly well given our lack of size. Both are indicators of quality coaching. Wish we had a big!
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

I haven't been able to watch many games so far, but I was in favor of the hire just on the local recruiting angle alone. Throw Thorson in to the mix, which I almost would've rather seen, and it's a good recipe.

I think most people figured this would be a tough year, so hopefully there are some realistic expectations on this team as the year goes on.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***