Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

My 12 team League Draft Results

Chat about your fantasy league here
Philo Beddoe

My 12 team League Draft Results

Post by Philo Beddoe »

This is not a "rate my team" ... this is a check out my team and this is why I did what I did. You are more than welcome to comment on my selections if you wish to do so.

I have the #5 pick in my league that has been going on for 20 years. I will preface by saying this league always emphasizes Running Backs...

1. Ezekiel Elliott - I went with Elliott over the likes of Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Jonathon Taylor. Before Dak went down last year, Elliott was having a monster year. Once Dak was gone teams keyed on Zeke and shut him down. This season, all reports are that Zeke looks good. At number 5 overall, he was the best option.

2. DK Metcalf - Pick # 20. I took Metcalf over players like Justin Jefferson and Calvin Ridley. I love WR's that get TD's. This guy is big and fast, if I could pick one player to insert onto the Vikings, it would be him. I love his game. We get bonus points for long TD's so he should help in that category. I did hesitate and thought about Ridley. It was close. I am happy with Metcalf as my #1 WR.

3. Clyde Edwards-Helaire - Pick# 29. The only other player I considered here was Kittle. Like I prefaced, this is a RB league. He was the best RB on the board and I think if healthy will be a value pick.

4. Josh Jacobs - Pick# 44. I am a big fan of drafting players that come into a season with some sort of positive news about their game. In Jacobs case, he showed up leaner, (8 lbs leaner) than last season. He is already big... but this will make him quicker. A lot of people are "fading" Jacobs and I like that because that meant he was there for me in round 4. He will be a 1100 yard - 10 TD back this year... to get that production in round 4 is very productive.

5. Robert Woods - Pick # 53. I know I said I like WR's that score TD's... but sometimes you need to make an exception. Robert Woods with Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball is a threat. He is going to catch 110 passes at a minimum. If he can get 6 TDs to go along with that, I will be ecstatic.

6. Chase Claypool - Pick # 68. This guy is awesome, I love his attitude. When he started producing last season, I tried hard to trade for him, but could never get the deal done. I went ahead and made sure I did not have to try to get him this season. Having him as my #3 WR made me happy.

7. Ja'Marr Chase - Pick # 77. I have to admit, I am not confident in this pick. I wanted Matthew Stafford and he went 3 picks ahead of this pick. I had to adjust my thinking. Its a high risk pick that could potentially have a high reward... but it could also come back to bite me in the ass.

8. Jalen Hurts - Pick# 92. I needed a QB. Matt Ryan went right after this pick... He was the other option here. Hurts is going to get me running yards. That was the reason I went with him over Ryan. Drafting Hurts meant I will have to use later picks on QB to stream certain weeks depending on match ups.

9. Kenny Golladay - Pick# 101. Coming into this pick there were two extreme value picks still on the board. Golladay and Cortland Sutton. I was stressing on who to pick... then the guy before be took Sutton. Made my choice easy. Golladay is my #4 WR. He has a hamstring issue that might linger, but without that, I probably dont get him here. Giants paid him a lot of money, they are going to put him out there if he can play. I only really have to rely on him during bye weeks. Still a good value pick here.

10. Logan Thomas - Pick# 116. Once all the big name TE's came off the board I neglected this position. I hate TE's, they are so hit or miss. I usually end up streaming them week to week. Logan Thomas however can potentially catch 80-90 passes this year. Having a TE that is actively involved in a teams offense is huge. He dropped in our draft, getting him here was a bit of a coup.

11. Trevor Lawrence - Pick# 125. Ok, here is my back up QB. I live in SC and with him being a Clemson player, I watched a lot of his games. Dude is a baller and is smart. That is a great combination. Once Jacksonville drafted him, I decided I was going to root for Jacksonville as my back up team.

12. Minnesota Defense - Pick# 140. Way early for taking any defense, yet alone a defense that was so bad last year. However, there are 3 other Vikings fans in my league and I am on record as saying the Vikings will have a top 8 defense this year. At this point in the draft a lot of the remaining players are a crapshoot. My thought is, do I draft a defense that will start every week or do I draft a back up player that I may only play 3 or 4 weeks of the season? I went with the pick that is going to play most weeks.

13. Tevin Coleman - Pick# 149. I needed a #4 RB. Tevin is seemingly healthy and his competition in NY is young. I think the coach there will go with experience to help with his rookie QB. Tevin will have the opportunity to be the starter.

14. Ben Roethlisberger - Pick# 164. My #3 QB. With Jalen being my #1 and a rookie being my #2, I felt like I wanted to have a solid option on the bench just in case. Ben has a shit ton of weapons at his disposal and a new OC that is going to put a more balanced offense on the field. I think Ben puts up 35 TDs this season with 4500 yards.

15. Jalen Reagor - Pick# 173. I so badly wanted Henry Ruggs here... and in hindsight, I should have taken him in round 14. Ruggs went in pick number 171. When I get to the end of the draft I usually take young players with upside. Reagor might not be on my roster in 3 weeks, but with Jalen Hurt being my #1 QB, it was worth the risk to have that connection.

16. Rondale Moore - Pick# 188. No Kicker for me, I have not drafted a kicker in 20 years, I was not going to start this year. I stream kickers, I am not wasting a roster spot for a kicker on his bye week. Rondale Moore is not going to catch 70 passes and will not get 1000 yards receiving... but the dude is going to score fantasy points. They will use him for gadget players and bubble screens. He is going to get 6-8 TD's this year. As a backup backup backup WR that is a good player to plug into bye weeks.

So, there you have it. Someone will have to be dropped in Week 1 for a kicker. My league allows you to drop a player and add a player as long as the player was not in your starting lineup. Most of my players have a 1pm game Sunday. Whoever shits the bed, I will drop and pick up a Kicker that is playing in one of the night games. If I score a lot of points, I may not even have to pick up a kicker in Week 1. Some weeks last year, I just went without a kicker knowing after the 1pm games I was going to win without one.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
DuffMan

Re: My 12 team League Draft Results

Post by DuffMan »

Solid squad, however personally I always try to get either a top tier QB or TE, as many times that's what carries teams in the playoffs. Hurts might end up being fine, but there are a bunch of question marks around that offense. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you.

I've always been a big fan of having Robert Woods on my roster. He's not flashy but he's always productive and a solid WR2 type of guy.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Too many early round RBS for my taste...but you said this league pushes up RBs so I get it. I really like the late round WRs. No reason to have 3 QBs imho unless it's superflex. Woods and Chase are steals in 5 and 7. Great value. No problem with seeing DK as an elite WR. I could absolutely see it.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:46 pm This is not a "rate my team" ... this is a check out my team and this is why I did what I did. You are more than welcome to comment on my selections if you wish to do so.

I have the #5 pick in my league that has been going on for 20 years. I will preface by saying this league always emphasizes Running Backs...

1. Ezekiel Elliott - I went with Elliott over the likes of Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Jonathon Taylor. Before Dak went down last year, Elliott was having a monster year. Once Dak was gone teams keyed on Zeke and shut him down. This season, all reports are that Zeke looks good. At number 5 overall, he was the best option.

2. DK Metcalf - Pick # 20. I took Metcalf over players like Justin Jefferson and Calvin Ridley. I love WR's that get TD's. This guy is big and fast, if I could pick one player to insert onto the Vikings, it would be him. I love his game. We get bonus points for long TD's so he should help in that category. I did hesitate and thought about Ridley. It was close. I am happy with Metcalf as my #1 WR.

3. Clyde Edwards-Helaire - Pick# 29. The only other player I considered here was Kittle. Like I prefaced, this is a RB league. He was the best RB on the board and I think if healthy will be a value pick.

4. Josh Jacobs - Pick# 44. I am a big fan of drafting players that come into a season with some sort of positive news about their game. In Jacobs case, he showed up leaner, (8 lbs leaner) than last season. He is already big... but this will make him quicker. A lot of people are "fading" Jacobs and I like that because that meant he was there for me in round 4. He will be a 1100 yard - 10 TD back this year... to get that production in round 4 is very productive.

5. Robert Woods - Pick # 53. I know I said I like WR's that score TD's... but sometimes you need to make an exception. Robert Woods with Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball is a threat. He is going to catch 110 passes at a minimum. If he can get 6 TDs to go along with that, I will be ecstatic.

6. Chase Claypool - Pick # 68. This guy is awesome, I love his attitude. When he started producing last season, I tried hard to trade for him, but could never get the deal done. I went ahead and made sure I did not have to try to get him this season. Having him as my #3 WR made me happy.

7. Ja'Marr Chase - Pick # 77. I have to admit, I am not confident in this pick. I wanted Matthew Stafford and he went 3 picks ahead of this pick. I had to adjust my thinking. Its a high risk pick that could potentially have a high reward... but it could also come back to bite me in the ass.

8. Jalen Hurts - Pick# 92. I needed a QB. Matt Ryan went right after this pick... He was the other option here. Hurts is going to get me running yards. That was the reason I went with him over Ryan. Drafting Hurts meant I will have to use later picks on QB to stream certain weeks depending on match ups.

9. Kenny Golladay - Pick# 101. Coming into this pick there were two extreme value picks still on the board. Golladay and Cortland Sutton. I was stressing on who to pick... then the guy before be took Sutton. Made my choice easy. Golladay is my #4 WR. He has a hamstring issue that might linger, but without that, I probably dont get him here. Giants paid him a lot of money, they are going to put him out there if he can play. I only really have to rely on him during bye weeks. Still a good value pick here.

10. Logan Thomas - Pick# 116. Once all the big name TE's came off the board I neglected this position. I hate TE's, they are so hit or miss. I usually end up streaming them week to week. Logan Thomas however can potentially catch 80-90 passes this year. Having a TE that is actively involved in a teams offense is huge. He dropped in our draft, getting him here was a bit of a coup.

11. Trevor Lawrence - Pick# 125. Ok, here is my back up QB. I live in SC and with him being a Clemson player, I watched a lot of his games. Dude is a baller and is smart. That is a great combination. Once Jacksonville drafted him, I decided I was going to root for Jacksonville as my back up team.

12. Minnesota Defense - Pick# 140. Way early for taking any defense, yet alone a defense that was so bad last year. However, there are 3 other Vikings fans in my league and I am on record as saying the Vikings will have a top 8 defense this year. At this point in the draft a lot of the remaining players are a crapshoot. My thought is, do I draft a defense that will start every week or do I draft a back up player that I may only play 3 or 4 weeks of the season? I went with the pick that is going to play most weeks.

13. Tevin Coleman - Pick# 149. I needed a #4 RB. Tevin is seemingly healthy and his competition in NY is young. I think the coach there will go with experience to help with his rookie QB. Tevin will have the opportunity to be the starter.

14. Ben Roethlisberger - Pick# 164. My #3 QB. With Jalen being my #1 and a rookie being my #2, I felt like I wanted to have a solid option on the bench just in case. Ben has a shit ton of weapons at his disposal and a new OC that is going to put a more balanced offense on the field. I think Ben puts up 35 TDs this season with 4500 yards.

15. Jalen Reagor - Pick# 173. I so badly wanted Henry Ruggs here... and in hindsight, I should have taken him in round 14. Ruggs went in pick number 171. When I get to the end of the draft I usually take young players with upside. Reagor might not be on my roster in 3 weeks, but with Jalen Hurt being my #1 QB, it was worth the risk to have that connection.

16. Rondale Moore - Pick# 188. No Kicker for me, I have not drafted a kicker in 20 years, I was not going to start this year. I stream kickers, I am not wasting a roster spot for a kicker on his bye week. Rondale Moore is not going to catch 70 passes and will not get 1000 yards receiving... but the dude is going to score fantasy points. They will use him for gadget players and bubble screens. He is going to get 6-8 TD's this year. As a backup backup backup WR that is a good player to plug into bye weeks.

So, there you have it. Someone will have to be dropped in Week 1 for a kicker. My league allows you to drop a player and add a player as long as the player was not in your starting lineup. Most of my players have a 1pm game Sunday. Whoever shits the bed, I will drop and pick up a Kicker that is playing in one of the night games. If I score a lot of points, I may not even have to pick up a kicker in Week 1. Some weeks last year, I just went without a kicker knowing after the 1pm games I was going to win without one.
Week 1 Review. I was victorious, but only had 5th highest point total in league. I will take the win though.

1. Elliot - Was held in check against one of the best run defenses in the league. I am optimistic about him though, he was bottled up, but he did not look lethargic as he did last year.

2. Metcaff - Had me worried in the first half with zero points. Came through with a TD and 60 yards. Whew! Ridley sucked this week by the way.

3. CEH - Got a lot of playing time, but Chiefs were in come from behind most of the game. I like that he played 80% of the downs.

4. Josh Jacobs - Didnt get a lot of yards last night, but he got 2 TD's. He ran through some tackles which I liked. I just wish I got points every time he trucked a DE while pass blocking. I fucking loved that. I wish the Vikings would do that, put a back back there that will punish blitzers or DE's.

5. Woods - Did not get the targets I hoped for, but came through with a late TD. Kind of worried about him going forward. Stafford has lots of targets.

6. Claypool - Ordinary game against a tough defense. As my 3rd WR, I wasn't expecting too much, but would like more targets.

7. Jamarr Chase - Huge, no drops. I just wish he could go against Breeland every week. Bengals offense looks potent. He is going to turn out to be a steal in the 7th round.

8. Jalen Hurts - Big game, without him I probably lose this week. I hate the Eagles, but in Fantasy football you have to put your heart aside and go with your brain. I hope he keeps it up.

9. Kenny Golladay - Laid a turd this week. Giants look bad.

10. Logan Thomas - Got a TD, but only 3 catches, I need better. Might try to pick up Gronk or Fants who are both on waivers.

11. Trevor Lawrence - Actually put up a lot of fantasy points. Jacksonville will be coming from behind a lot, he is going to get chances to throw.

12. Minnesota Defense - Mixed feelings. I think they can be better. Bengals targeted Breeland, if that is a week to week occurrence, they are going to give up too many points. Cardinals on Waivers, might put in a claim.

13. Tevin Coleman - Jets suck. He had 9 carries, but they were behind all of game. Going to hold onto him for another week or 2.

14. Rothersberger - I actually dropped him to pick up Latavius Murray. Ben had -4 points at halftime. Another team picked him up in my league.

15. Reagor - I had planned to drop him to pick up a kicker... he did well in the second half so I kept him. Promising start for my #5 WR

16. R Moore - It pained me, but I had to drop him for a kicker. I picked up Raiders kicker who got me 9 points or some shit. I dont think he will be picked up on waivers, so I will just keep an eye on him. I think he is going to have a big game against Vikings.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

My 12 man, full PPR

Kyler
Chubb
Hunt
Jeudy
Hill
Allen Robinson
Fant
Cleveland defense
Daniel Carlson

Bench: tried to go with sleepers to use as trade bait after grabbing two Cleveland RB's...
Jameis
Antonio Brown
Chubba Hubbard
Devin Singletary
JD McKissick (full ppr league)
Ruggs
Ebron

currently trying to trade Jameis and Antonio after their week 1 explosions, but getting no bites. Tried to get Clyde Edwards, but my opponent isn't biting on that (his lame ass QBs are Herbert and Fields, and he could have Winston). Tried to get Fournette, but that opponent asked for Hunt back...not doing that. One guy said he might give me Zeke for them, but wants to wait at least two more weeks.