Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Eric Curry suffers another knee injury

Home for Gopher Basketball
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Eric Curry suffers another knee injury

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:38 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:25 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:17 pm

2-16 is worst conference record ever in 15-16 and conference has added 2 extra games…I’d take the under on 3.5 but you might find some overs with getting to play Nebraska, Penn State and Northwestern
Yep. I could see 4 wins. That's why 3.5 is a good number.

The barn is going to be empty again. This program is going to hit irrelevancy like it has never seen imo.
U gets what they paid for, you went the cheap route now it’s going to be ugly for a few years and the damage to the program might take years to clean up for the next guy. Think Johnson is in over his head and is not going to get the Minnesota kids he was hired to try and get to stay home
Completely agree.

I won't blame it on a cheap hire though. I truly believe they hired him because they believe in him. I however don't.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Re: Eric Curry suffers another knee injury

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:41 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:38 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:25 pm

Yep. I could see 4 wins. That's why 3.5 is a good number.

The barn is going to be empty again. This program is going to hit irrelevancy like it has never seen imo.
U gets what they paid for, you went the cheap route now it’s going to be ugly for a few years and the damage to the program might take years to clean up for the next guy. Think Johnson is in over his head and is not going to get the Minnesota kids he was hired to try and get to stay home
Completely agree.

I won't blame it on a cheap hire though. I truly believe they hired him because they believe in him. I however don't.
He didn’t even get the Northern Illinois job when it was available as they went with someone else, unless the U knows something I don’t know (maybe NIU is the next Duke) then I don’t understand the hire. This job was a training wheels job for last coach as he had one year of head coaching experience and it still showed as his offensive system was a mess and then you hire his old assistant with zero head coaching experience 🤷‍♂️
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?