Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Smoked/Cooked a 14lb Shoulder

Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Smoked/Cooked a 14lb Shoulder

Post by Mandatory »

Couple weeks back. Rub was just pepper, salt, garlic powder. Smoked for 4 hours on the Traegar and then 10ish hours at 250. Sooo good.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Señor Trumpo

Re: Smoked/Cooked a 14lb Shoulder

Post by Señor Trumpo »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:52 pm Couple weeks back. Rub was just pepper, salt, garlic powder. Smoked for 4 hours on the Traegar and then 10ish hours at 250. Sooo good.
Can you even taste the rub after the pork is cooked? I'm cooking 120lbs of pork this weekend for a grad party next. I'm thinking about just doing salt for the rub maybe a mustard base for it to stick to. The 10-15 times or so that I've made pulled pork I can't taste any seasoning and I always season liberally. I think pork is just one of those meats that needs to be sauced after it's done.
UnFadeable21

Re: Smoked/Cooked a 14lb Shoulder

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Need pictures smh
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine