Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bowling Chat

Qman65

Re: Bowling Chat

Post by Qman65 »

I shot my first 300 this last Wed. night!
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

congrats.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Qman65 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:28 am I shot my first 300 this last Wed. night!
Hell yeah, Lumpy!
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

3rd time ever recorded on TV. Pretty neat.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Man fills bowling ball with father’s ashes — then bowls perfect game

Big ups to this bowler in the sky.

Following the death of his father John Hinkle Sr., son John Jr., a two-time NCAA bowling champion, laced-up to play one of the luckiest games of his life on April 12.

Using a ball that had been custom made with the ashes of his late dad, the 39-year-old Western Illinois University bowler set out to bowl the perfect game as tribute, bringing his brother Joe with him to their hometown alley, Landmark Lanes in Peoria, Illinois.

After the elder Hinkle died in 2016, John decided to honor his father by having the thumb hole of his ball filled with his dad’s ashes. (His two-hand technique allows for only two fingers in the ball.)

“I was talking to my brother and told him, ‘I’m shooting a 300 with this ball,’ ” Hinkle, a Peoria Public Schools counselor, told WMBD-TV. “And Joe said, ‘Do it!’ ”

John had called it. “I had tears in my eyes in the 11th and 12th frames,” he said. “I couldn’t tell you where that last ball went, I had so many tears just throwing it.”

In a Facebook post immediately following his 12-strike streak, John called it an “epic night.”

“I can’t express what tonight means to me,” he wrote.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/22/man-fills ... fect-game/

Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Currently in 24th place in singles at the USBC National tournament at Southpoint, Standard division
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Currently in a 3 way ties for 51st.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Qman65 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:14 am Currently in a 3 way ties for 51st.
In a 4 way tie for 63rd place.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

70th place with a month to go
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

In a 4 way tie for 75th. Hope to stay in top 100 Nationals.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Keep it up, Lumpy. Glad you regained your form and refell in love with bowling again.