Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

No Man’s Sky VR

Video game themed message board
BuDG123

No Man’s Sky VR

Post by BuDG123 »

A massive free roam universe sandbox that allows you to build, modify and upgrade ships and star bases from collected or mined materials. Flying around and using the jet pack in VR is pretty cool. This game has been updated and enhanced often since a Rocky 2016 release, but is solid fun now. It’s been a nice surprise and exploring different galaxies and planets with different flora and fauna has been intriguing- I guess you can capture and ride some as pets. I wish there was more MMO pvp, but maybe that comes later..a nice surprise title that hooked me far more than Cyberpunk did. The VR is a nice immersion.
LordNu

Re: No Man’s Sky VR

Post by LordNu »

I am about to get into VR, and it sounds like No Man's sky is something I should give a look into (Half-Life Alyx is the main reason).

Isn't Skyrim VR meant to also be quite decent?

BTW I had played a lot of No Man's Sky, purchasing it when people were giving terrible reviews, I got it incredibly cheap on Steam. I didn't hate it, and it got a lot better after each MASSIVE update. I think the VR experience could be incredible,
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:37 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:12 pm I am about to get into VR, and it sounds like No Man's sky is something I should give a look into (Half-Life Alyx is the main reason).

BTW I had played a lot of No Man's Sky, purchasing it when people were giving terrible reviews, I got it incredibly cheap on Steam. I didn't hate it, and it got a lot better after each MASSIVE update. I think the VR experience could be incredible,
I have skyrim for my psvr and it makes me want to hurl in 5 mins flat.
I think you said that before. Did you take an arrow to the knee?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:54 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:40 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:37 pm

I have skyrim for my psvr and it makes me want to hurl in 5 mins flat.
I think you said that before. Did you take an arrow to the knee?
Is that a euphemism for something?
:thinking:

I see your point, but no.

BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

LordNu wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:12 pm I am about to get into VR, and it sounds like No Man's sky is something I should give a look into (Half-Life Alyx is the main reason).

Yeah, Skyrim VR is pretty cool. I just had played it on Xbox to level 68 and didn’t feel like rebuilding again. Resident Evil is also immersive. I hope they make even further improvements with PS5 VR as the potential is incredible. Flying around in NMS is a riot.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

If you have either game for PC on steam, does that mean you also have the VR game or do you have to buy separately?
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I played it originally when it came out 2016. Redownloaded it earlier this year and it felt like a different game, in a good way.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

LordNu wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:33 pm If you have either game for PC on steam, does that mean you also have the VR game or do you have to buy separately?
Bump.

Just got Oculus Quest 2.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:33 pm If you have either game for PC on steam, does that mean you also have the VR game or do you have to buy separately?
Bump.

Just got Oculus Quest 2.
Nice! How do you like it!?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Kevin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:43 pm
Bump.

Just got Oculus Quest 2.
It's sweet, but I need to decide which games to invest in.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

LordNu wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:36 pm
Kevin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Bump.

Just got Oculus Quest 2.
It's sweet, but I need to decide which games to invest in.
The boxing ones are cool. Get the Walking Dead Saints and Sinners. All of the Star Wars games are good. Moss is cool, population one is great, and then there are the staples like beat saber, super hot, and lone echo. Those are just a few of the stand alone games that are worth it. Then there's everything out there once you are tethered to a decent PC that make it amazing. Half life alyx is a must get. Fallout 4 is cool too, but it's kind of a mess on my vr.

Get yourself the virtual desktop app so you can connect to your PC wirelessly. It's not too hard to set up and makes it so much better. The link cable is good too, but if you are using your oculus outside of stationary mode, the cable is annoying as fuck. I barely notice any delay. If your wifi is even just so-so you won't either.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Oh, and check out the Venues app and other apps like it. It's pretty cool to attend a concert or comedy show virtually.
I made this!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

:thumbsup:

BTW I answered my question, No Man's Sky already came with VR.