Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers softball

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
jffl_commish

Gophers softball

Post by jffl_commish »

Any softball fans in the house? I've played a ton of fastpitch in my day, now retired. Anyway, I dig watching the College World Series every year. Fun to have the Gophers program be relevant.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Re: Gophers softball

Post by jffl_commish »

4-game sweep of division leader Northwestern over the weekend.
Let's get Tropical
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

I'm a little embarrassed to have an opinion, but I wish they'd change up the game a little with both the mound distance and the fences. Everything is either a strike out or a home run.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

jfc what's up with the Baseball team? Worst start to a season since....?
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:45 am jfc what's up with the Baseball team? Worst start to a season since....?
Holy shit!
Is a 7.93 team ERA bad? What happened to Fredrickson?
Two years ago they were giving OSU everything they wanted until Max ran out of gas.
Ketchup can be nuancy
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Huge series this weekend with conference #1 Michigan. Gophers are currently #2.
Let's get Tropical
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:01 pm Huge series this weekend with conference #1 Michigan. Gophers are currently #2.
I haven't followed as closely as I have in the past, but my daughter watches them quite a bit. High level college softball is a lot of fun to watch, though. Has Denhartog been mashing like she has the past couple years.

Jesus, how good would this team look if Kendyl Lindaman hadn't bolted for Florida?
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Denhartog doesn't quite have the average as usual, but she crushes the damn ball. I really like Fiser.
Let's get Tropical
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

cmd24 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:17 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:01 pm Huge series this weekend with conference #1 Michigan. Gophers are currently #2.
I haven't followed as closely as I have in the past, but my daughter watches them quite a bit. High level college softball is a lot of fun to watch, though. Has Denhartog been mashing like she has the past couple years.

Jesus, how good would this team look if Kendyl Lindaman hadn't bolted for Florida?
You could be a legend in Lynx Chat.
Ketchup can be nuancy
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:17 pm Denhartog doesn't quite have the average as usual, but she crushes the damn ball. I really like Fiser.
Fiser has had an awesome career. She had big shoes to fill when Groenewegen left.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Ask Not wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:42 am
cmd24 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:17 pm

You could be a legend in Lynx Chat.
They know what they did. The Lynx have to do some major butt kissing to get me back.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Regional final against UCLA tonight at 6 on ESPN 2. They have to win twice to advance.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Lost 2-1 to #2 UCLA in the regional finals. Some damn good, and legends of the program in their final game today. Partain & Fiser mainly.
Let's get Tropical
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Good showing by that squad in a brutal regional being played basically on home soil for the other 3 teams.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:39 pm Lost 2-1 to #2 UCLA in the regional finals. Some damn good, and legends of the program in their final game today. Partain & Fiser mainly.
I didn't get to watch it. Why wasn't Fiser throwing? I saw on Twitter that Pease was pitching yesterday.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

cmd24 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:22 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:39 pm Lost 2-1 to #2 UCLA in the regional finals. Some damn good, and legends of the program in their final game today. Partain & Fiser mainly.
I didn't get to watch it. Why wasn't Fiser throwing? I saw on Twitter that Pease was pitching yesterday.
I think they were saving her for Game 2 since they had to win twice. Pease threw pretty well, so never needed to get yanked. UCLA did the same thing, but yanked their starter pretty early.
Let's get Tropical
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:41 pm
cmd24 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:22 pm
I think they were saving her for Game 2 since they had to win twice. Pease threw pretty well, so never needed to get yanked. UCLA did the same thing, but yanked their starter pretty early.
UCLA scored 2 runs or less only 3 times all season en route to their 44-4 record so that was a hell of a pitching effort.