Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves Sold to A-Rod

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SHAFA

Re: Wolves Sold to A-Rod

Post by SHAFA »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:31 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:16 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:08 pm

I like having a basketball team so...ah no.
This. And you know they'll suddenly become good right after they leave.
Yup. And then who do we root for? Do we stick with the team that left us? Do we go to the bucks for geographical convince? So many hypothetical questions that I know we are all wondering..
If I’m switching teams, it’s the Bulls. At least there’s a tie-in with LaVine I can root for.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i will guess that this Lore dude and arod will throw a lot more money at this team than glen has been willing to pry out of his cobwebbed welded-shut wallet. they're going to want to have a contender and will spend to build one. elsewhere. my ire for glen rises. he's put a blowtorch to the balls of this organization (with a kindly smile) for the last 25 years - and now he's going to sell it for a fucking bundle - there'll be a Glen Taylor Appreciation Night for "the legacy he built" - and the team will promptly move somewhere else and get to the finals within 3 years. double BAH.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

If the Wolves leave I'm switching to Hopkins, at least they draft better players.
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:38 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:31 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:16 pm

This. And you know they'll suddenly become good right after they leave.
Yup. And then who do we root for? Do we stick with the team that left us? Do we go to the bucks for geographical convince? So many hypothetical questions that I know we are all wondering..
If I’m switching teams, it’s the Bulls. At least there’s a tie-in with LaVine I can root for.
i asked my 17 year old what he'd do and he answered immediately "become a Bucks fan." zero hesitation.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Glen should sell the team before he dies.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

If they switched to SuperSonics, I’d root for them. But I won’t root for the Seattle Timberwolves.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:42 pm If they switched to SuperSonics, I’d root for them. But I won’t root for the Seattle Timberwolves.
Don't worry.. Nobody is keeping the name if they move.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:42 pm If they switched to SuperSonics, I’d root for them. But I won’t root for the Seattle Timberwolves.
I will...
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I'm more sad about what it will do to WC.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Nobody here has a reason to bitch about if AROD moves them or not. They shouldn’t even care to speculate. All the hoping and praying and wishing Taylor would sell the Team has happened. Let the handwringing stop and rejoice in the victory of the Wolves being sold.

If Glen was smart he would have just ripped the band-aid off and solely focused on selling the Team to an ownership group in Seattle and cashed out and become a hero for returning a Team to Seattle. I likely could have made more money.

Anyway we get Wolves for a little longer and people here may still get to bitch about Taylor being the reason they suck for a couple more years.

Enjoy!! :clap:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Does this mean we get Jennifer Lopez on the sidelines and that all of our players will get steroids?

I gave no faith he won't try to move the team but who knows.

THE TAYLOR ERA IS OVER!!

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
boo

Post by boo »

Not to throw water in the pitty party going on here, but.....for starters, because arod played baseball in Seattle maybe doesn’t mean he is trying to move a franchise there.

It is also more likely than not that there will be an expansion team in Seattle and probably Vegas within 3 years, which would be the absolute quickest that the team could possibly be moved. That is not even including the hurdles that I am sure Taylor will include in the contract which should at the very least slow down the progress of moving the team.
The nba will not want to lose the market especially if they are planning on expansion.

Does this mean the team won’t move if they continue to be terrible.....no. But that has always been the case.

It will be nice finally having new ownership that may change the culture and maybe want to spend more.

Commence feeling sorry for yourselves.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:39 pm i will guess that this Lore dude and arod will throw a lot more money at this team than glen has been willing to pry out of his cobwebbed welded-shut wallet. they're going to want to have a contender and will spend to build one. elsewhere. my ire for glen rises. he's put a blowtorch to the balls of this organization (with a kindly smile) for the last 25 years - and now he's going to sell it for a fucking bundle - there'll be a Glen Taylor Appreciation Night for "the legacy he built" - and the team will promptly move somewhere else and get to the finals within 3 years. double BAH.
The idea that Glen Taylor is a cheapskate owner is absolute bullshit with no evidence. Evidence actually to the contrary. He’s just a putz. A rube.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

What about the Seattle SuperWolves?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Double Pump

Post by Double Pump »

Predictions on Doogie's excuse for not breaking the story?
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

This settles my nerves slightly..

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:53 pm What about the Seattle SuperWolves?
Or the Werewolves.
witljon

Post by witljon »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:49 pm Does this mean we get Jennifer Lopez on the sidelines and that all of our players will get steroids?

I gave no faith he won't try to move the team but who knows.

THE TAYLOR ERA IS OVER!!

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT
I suppose Jennifer Lopez will take over the Lynx :thinking:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Double Pump wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:54 pm Predictions on Doogie's excuse for not breaking the story?
He was watching Wrestlemania while in the shower and stepped out for a minute while it broke.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Fade, what do you want to bet that the team stays?

Whatever it is, I’ll take the bet.
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Double Pump wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:54 pm Predictions on Doogie's excuse for not breaking the story?
He got lunch from Taco Bell and was stuck on the shitter.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

The Lynx are included in this sale. At least Seattle and Las Vegas don't need WNBA franchises.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
ItsGameOvrMan

Post by ItsGameOvrMan »

Put a winning team out on the court and people will come. If the Wolves are not doing that, then that just gives the owners incentive to move.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Well this should make Sunday Sermons a must listen to tomorrow.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Man, this is horrible news.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:48 pm Nobody here has a reason to bitch about if AROD moves them or not. They shouldn’t even care to speculate. All the hoping and praying and wishing Taylor would sell the Team has happened. Let the handwringing stop and rejoice in the victory of the Wolves being sold.

If Glen was smart he would have just ripped the band-aid off and solely focused on selling the Team to an ownership group in Seattle and cashed out and become a hero for returning a Team to Seattle. I likely could have made more money.

Anyway we get Wolves for a little longer and people here may still get to bitch about Taylor being the reason they suck for a couple more years.

Enjoy!! :clap:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Really. The wicked witch of Mankato is going. Bless us Wolves fans! I'd rather have a 50% chance of them leaving than Taylor remaining the owner.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Yep, no way A-Rod keeps it here. Likely scenario is we have our Pups for about 5 more years, then they'll move, then about 5 years later we'll get a nice new squeaky clean expansion team and see if we can get it right the 2nd time around!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
boo

Post by boo »

Hornets wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm Yep, no way A-Rod keeps it here. Likely scenario is we have our Pups for about 5 more years, then they'll move, then about 5 years later we'll get a nice new squeaky clean expansion team and see if we can get it right the 2nd time around!
Idiot
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

boo wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:30 pm
Hornets wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm Yep, no way A-Rod keeps it here. Likely scenario is we have our Pups for about 5 more years, then they'll move, then about 5 years later we'll get a nice new squeaky clean expansion team and see if we can get it right the 2nd time around!
Idiot
No, Gus Munger.....resident expert on all things rube.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: