Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

WWE: TLC

j2j

WWE: TLC

Post by j2j »

USA has been bitching at WWE over the ratings for Raw. Understandably so, they've tanked while Smackdown has been solid. USA is demanding more adult and violent content.

So last night at TLC Randy Orton lit The Fiend on fire. Doused him in gasoline and dropped a match on him.

Also, for those not watching; Drew McIntyre, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Street Profits, and Paul Heyman have been insanely good lately. Like some of the best stuff they've done in years. Lot of it is being driven by Heyman. He's so damn good at telling a story.

Still some nonsense going on, the mid-card is a mess, and the phenomenal women's division took a step back when Lynch got knocked up, Bayley lost the belt, and Asuka was turned into a comedy routine.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: WWE: TLC

Post by cmd24 »

I haven't watched "current" wrestling, regularly, in years. I tried early on in the pandemic, because what the hell else was there to do. I found it to be really hard to watch with no fans. The dialogue between the wrestlers seemed too forced, whereas when there is a crowd, you never know what they're really saying to each other, but there's the idea that it's never what the fan thinks it is. Plus, I'm a sucker for the pop. Feels like that would be missing.

That said, I should give it another shot. I'm sure things have improved now that they've had 8-9 months to straighten some of that stuff out.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

cmd24 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:30 pm I haven't watched "current" wrestling, regularly, in years. I tried early on in the pandemic, because what the hell else was there to do. I found it to be really hard to watch with no fans. The dialogue between the wrestlers seemed too forced, whereas when there is a crowd, you never know what they're really saying to each other, but there's the idea that it's never what the fan thinks it is. Plus, I'm a sucker for the pop. Feels like that would be missing.

That said, I should give it another shot. I'm sure things have improved now that they've had 8-9 months to straighten some of that stuff out.
Honestly, it's really only had moments of "watchability" since Benoit and Guerrero died. Not because those two carried it, but because those two instances specifically really changed the way the WWE needed to operate.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

cmd24 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:30 pm I haven't watched "current" wrestling, regularly, in years. I tried early on in the pandemic, because what the hell else was there to do. I found it to be really hard to watch with no fans. The dialogue between the wrestlers seemed too forced, whereas when there is a crowd, you never know what they're really saying to each other, but there's the idea that it's never what the fan thinks it is. Plus, I'm a sucker for the pop. Feels like that would be missing.

Watched it when no other sports were on too. Gave me something to watch, I'll give it that but it was absolutely terrible. Nkthing like it used to be.

As soon as sports came back, I haven't watched it again.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

I’ll have to tune back in. I’ve been out since mania because it was so bad. Sounds like it’s significantly better now, plus the Rumble is coming up and I never miss that.