Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Assasin's Creed Odyssey

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: Assasin's Creed Odyssey

Post by jffl_commish »

Yeah, early on those are really tough for sure. The little ones keep coming too, so that's a pain. Wait until you get to the second boar. It'll make that one look like a goat that doesn't fight back.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:02 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:28 pm

I literally just got it last night. It was a distract and run like hell sort of deal. At the lightning rate that I'm leveling I might get to use it sometime in April.
I had a hell of a time killing the Legendary Boar. Took me 25+ tries. This game is challenging on Hard, and I like it. Things really opened up last night, sooo we'll see what happens.
I'm just playing on whatever setting it is normally on. It just seems like I don't have much time to devote to gaming compared to just even a couple years ago. So, I'm mostly just in it for the story now. A little challenge is good, but I don't want to spend all day on just one objective because I keep dying or whatever. Makes me not want to play the game then.
I hear you there. I have a lot of spare time in the winter so I want something to chew on for awhile. I've been fucking up Scorched on FO76 and was happy you guys promoted this game just for something different.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Once you get the golden fleece armour, everything is a hell of a lot easier.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

LordNu wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:59 pm Once you get the golden fleece armour, everything is a hell of a lot easier.
I prefer the demigod set.
Let's get Tropical
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:22 pm
LordNu wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:59 pm Once you get the golden fleece armour, everything is a hell of a lot easier.
I prefer the demigod set.
The special +whatever armour amount with the golden fleece makes the game outrageously easy.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Why can't I kill Alkibidas? That guy is annoying AF
Let's get Tropical
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:48 am Why can't I kill Alkibidas? That guy is annoying AF
Lol

Look up what he did historically.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm playing through as Alexios now. The story is exactly the same I believe, but
Spoiler:
it is really weird to see Kassandra as the bad guy now
Let's get Tropical
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:08 am I'm playing through as Alexios now. The story is exactly the same I believe, but
Spoiler:
it is really weird to see Kassandra as the bad guy now
Yeah I couldn't do that. It wouldn't seem right to me at all.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Sweet! Odyssey was awesome. Hopefully this carries that on.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Thanks to the Rubes who gave this positives reviews or else I would have ignored this release. I grew a bit tired of AC games because they've been pretty much the same game. I just recently started this game (level 15) and it's one of the best games I've ever played.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I remember very fondly. Loved the world they created.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 pm Thanks to the Rubes who gave this positives reviews or else I would have ignored this release. I grew a bit tired of AC games because they've been pretty much the same game. I just recently started this game (level 15) and it's one of the best games I've ever played.
Agreed. It's so different than every other AC game. The world is amazing. I hope Valhalla follows this path.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:18 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 pm Thanks to the Rubes who gave this positives reviews or else I would have ignored this release. I grew a bit tired of AC games because they've been pretty much the same game. I just recently started this game (level 15) and it's one of the best games I've ever played.
Agreed. It's so different than every other AC game. The world is amazing. I hope Valhalla follows this path.
I typically play around 3 games a year. Earlier this year I grinded through and completed Kingdom Come which I enjoyed but this game is far superior and a welcome change of pace to the slow grind of Kingdome Come. The Spartan kick early on in this game has helped me quite a bit to defeat mercenaries and dominate when overtaking ships.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:31 am
I typically play around 3 games a year. Earlier this year I grinded through and completed Kingdom Come which I enjoyed but this game is far superior and a welcome change of pace to the slow grind of Kingdome Come. The Spartan kick early on in this game has helped me quite a bit to defeat mercenaries and dominate when overtaking ships.
You'll need that and more when you get to the legendary animal hunts and battling the mythical creatures. Medussa was probably the hardest thing for me in the game to beat.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Finally killed that god damn legendary boar last night. Fuck that was hard. I think I beat him due to a glitch though. When he went towards the cave the 2nd time to respawn more boars, I attacked the shit out of him, he didn't fight back and the normal boars weren't fucking with me until after the legendary boar was dead. I don't give a fuck....a win is a win. I must have died at least 20 times trying to kill that fucker.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:22 pm Finally killed that god damn legendary boar last night. Fuck that was hard. I think I beat him due to a glitch though. When he went towards the cave the 2nd time to respawn more boars, I attacked the shit out of him, he didn't fight back and the normal boars weren't fucking with me until after the legendary boar was dead. I don't give a fuck....a win is a win. I must have died at least 20 times trying to kill that fucker.
Yeah, that thing is a bitch. I think that was the hardest legendary for me. They're all hard, but the damn gas farts that one had were brutal.
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:31 am

You'll need that and more when you get to the legendary animal hunts and battling the mythical creatures. Medussa was probably the hardest thing for me in the game to beat.
I gave up trying to beat Medussa.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Just put the game on easy for just the one battle. I personally play on easy. I don't care and I have fun.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I levelled up ridiculously before taking anything on, so it was all easy. I bumped into the level 70 bounty hunter at some stage and destroyed him within seconds, and I wasn't at that level at the time.

The Golden fleece armour rules.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

"You killed Mater and had sex with Pater" Lol