Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Watch Dogs Legion - Release 10/29

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Watch Dogs Legion - Release 10/29

Post by Mandatory »

Releasing in 1 hour, already downloaded.

Didn't like the first Watch Dogs, second was fun but I didn't play much. I'm banking on this one being a lot of fun.. hoping. Something to tide me over the next month.

Anyone play this series before? 3rd person, sandboxy tech/stealth/shooter where you're fighting "the man" in a Dystopian future. I hope the driving is better because it sucked in the last game.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Re: Watch Dogs Legion - Release 10/29

Post by Mandatory »

I'm sure folks have a lot of games in their backlog and future playlist but I think this one is worth throwing on the pile if the concept interests you.

Classic Watch Dogs mechanics with the hacking aspect. They really leaned in with the London setting, really enjoying it. You do not play as a main character. You recruit a group from all over the city and pick a member that suits the current situation. Seems to be integrated very well.

Driving feels really good, gun play isn't too bad. You can tell they put a lot of detail into the world they built.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Well? I've been eyeing this game since this thread. I played WD1, and it was okay. Recruiting anyone in the game sounds tits.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I really really like this game. No one seemed to care so I didn't say anything else.

It's not ground breaking. But London is a lot of fun. It's got all the original WD hallmarks of hacking. I hated WD1. So boring. WD2 was a lot better and actually fun. This is more along the lines of WD2.

Story is there's been a huge terrorist attack in London, possibly an inside job. And a paramilitary company has used it to take over the city and "lock it down". You're trying to rebuild the hacker collective from scratch basically to free the citizens.

The recruit anyone is really cool. They've done a great job with the character generator. So basically you have classes, with a ride range of usefulness. Everything from spy/assassin to construction worker or old grandma. Not all character "perks" are good. Grandma most likely has "no sprint", but might have some other unique one. So you can play each mission as a spy and make it "easy". Or you can pick a class with unique skills and get sandboxy with it. Another example, you can recruit "protest leaders". One of their skills is getting a group of people to attack an enemy.

A lot of big games coming out in the next few week so I get waiting. But I very much am enjoying it.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:46 pm I really really like this game. No one seemed to care so I didn't say anything else.

It's not ground breaking. But London is a lot of fun. It's got all the original WD hallmarks of hacking. I hated WD1. So boring. WD2 was a lot better and actually fun. This is more along the lines of WD2.

Story is there's been a huge terrorist attack in London, possibly an inside job. And a paramilitary company has used it to take over the city and "lock it down". You're trying to rebuild the hacker collective from scratch basically to free the citizens.

The recruit anyone is really cool. They've done a great job with the character generator. So basically you have classes, with a ride range of usefulness. Everything from spy/assassin to construction worker or old grandma. Not all character "perks" are good. Grandma most likely has "no sprint", but might have some other unique one. So you can play each mission as a spy and make it "easy". Or you can pick a class with unique skills and get sandboxy with it. Another example, you can recruit "protest leaders". One of their skills is getting a group of people to attack an enemy.

A lot of big games coming out in the next few week so I get waiting. But I very much am enjoying it.
Yeah, I watched like 40 minutes of pre-release game play from a few months ago after reading this thread. I played WD1 for about a week on 360, and it was okay but like a poor man's GTA (with a hacking element). I never played WD2. I may buy this game. The recruiting thing, and character building thing sounds bad ass.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Nope. Don't play UbiShit games.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:37 am It will still be there when it's $5.
Fixed
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

They made more than one of these games?

I quit the first one pretty quick and was very excited for it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Bought this Saturday and played it last night. I got defiance in one Burrough. Pretty fun. It seems kind of simple, especially if you came up playing Metal Gear Solid, for PS1. If you need me to sneak and distract before breaking necks, I'm your huckleberry.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

When you play, keep 'permadeath' on. It makes the game way more fun. I played for awhile this weekend with it off, and I got quite a ways through it. I realized it was too easy, less stakes, so I actually restarted with it with it on, and now the missions are more fun.

I think you can recruit at least over 12 people, which is more then enough. This way, when some of them die doing missions, you have an incentive to use more of them and their talents.

I think it's Cyberpunk diet, but it's pretty fun. Online hasn't come out yet and ruined the game's campaign so play it sooner rather then later.