Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ricky Rubio

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Do you want Ricky Rubio Back?

Yes, he is and always will be a Wolf
69%
No, that ship has sailed long ago
31%

Total votes: 51

UnFadeable21

Re: Ricky Rubio

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Shabazz thought he was gonna get that Allen Crabbe Kent bazemore money. 4 years 72 million

That summer everyone got stupid money like us paying Gorgui 4 years 66 million
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm Shabazz thought he was gonna get that Allen Crabbe Kent bazemore money. 4 years 72 million

2016 contracts or extensions were horrendous.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm Shabazz thought he was gonna get that Allen Crabbe Kent bazemore money. 4 years 72 million

I still question if these rumors are true.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Man, that article certainly hit the feels. It's a bit too easy when it comes to Ricky.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

LordNu wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:15 pm Man, that article certainly hit the feels. It's a bit too easy when it comes to Ricky.
What's your opinion on Jack Lang?
What's the general consensus from Australians?

He seemed like a bad ass.

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:44 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:15 pm Man, that article certainly hit the feels. It's a bit too easy when it comes to Ricky.
What's your opinion on Jack Lang?
What's the general consensus from Australians?

He seemed like a bad ass.

No idea. I'm Victorian, not NSW where he served. I know the name though.

Just like in the US, although we don't seem to admit it much, the differences between the States are considerable.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

RICKY!🥰 N0. 9. He didn't want to wear 9 anywhere but here.😢 sniff.I am not crying.RICKY!!
My heart is family.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Why having Rubio and Dlo as our PG's is huge.

Simply put, they make things easier on everyone else.

Go back to the Teague era.. Jeff Teague was a ok player in his day, but what he never consistently was able to do is break down the defense and pass to an open man. When you have a PG that cannot get into the teeth of a defense... every basket is a fucking chore. You then have to ask your players to create their own opportunities.

When you have someone like Rubio and DLo... they are able to get teammates easy buckets.

There are PG's that dribble the ball up the court and pass to a post up player... and there are PG's that get into the heart of the defense and rip it out. Rubio and DLo are the ripping out the heart PG's.

Hype!
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:49 pm Why having Rubio and Dlo as our PG's is huge.

Go back to the Teague era.. Jeff Teague was a ok player in his day, but what he never consistently was able to do is break down the defense and pass to an open man. When you have a PG that cannot get into the teeth of a defense... every basket is a fucking chore. You then have to ask your players to create their own opportunities.

When you have someone like Rubio and DLo... they are able to get teammates easy buckets.

There are PG's that dribble the ball up the court and pass to a post up player... and there are PG's that get into the heart of the defense and rip it out. Rubio and DLo are the ripping out the heart PG's.

Hype!
And, while I haven’t deep dived into Ricky’s recent numbers, it just seemed to me while watching him in a bunch of his Jazz/Suns games, he was finishing at the rim much better and knocking down more open shots.

I think we’re really going to enjoy this older, more mature version of Rubio.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Full disclosure. I did not like Jeff Teague one bit. Did a search on my posts "Teague"
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:27 pm Teague sucks.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:49 pm Can we trade Teague for Rubio?
Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:33 pm Finish the game with Crawford and butler in back court. Fuck teague
Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:28 pm Jeff Teague can suck my dick.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 pm Teague has never been on a team that did not make the playoffs.

Thibs be like. "hold my beer"
Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:09 pm its not as fun without Rubio.... especially when you replace him with a turd like Teague. Teague the turd.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:03 pm It's good to see Teague in mid season form of sucking
Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:40 am I am guessing it was not as bad as it looked. The skinny PG type are always over dramatic with injuries and also tend to be pussys.

My guess is he is fine and will miss 4 games just so people think he was really hurt.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:49 pm Fuck you Teague. Learn to pass
Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:55 pm Someone call security and tell them not to let Teague in our locker room.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:08 pm Can we just trade Jeff Teague already?
Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:14 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:11 pm Jeff Teague can suck my dick. I have never seen a more wide open three and he did not shoot it
Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm Jeff "I never miss the play offs" Teague ids the right guy

Haha, that was brutal.

Fuck Teague.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:20 am I blast Tyus a lot, but he does a lot less stupid stuff compare to Teague.

Teague is having a bad year.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Bogey Bob wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:55 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:49 pm Why having Rubio and Dlo as our PG's is huge.

Hype!
And, while I haven’t deep dived into Ricky’s recent numbers, it just seemed to me while watching him in a bunch of his Jazz/Suns games, he was finishing at the rim much better and knocking down more open shots.

i do think he's been around long enough now also to tell KAT and Dlo to get their asses in gear if they slack off on D. in the past, he may have wondered if that was his place to do that - and now he probably assumes that it's his place to do that.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Bogey Bob wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Hype!

Here it is, FG shooting at the rim.

2020 .529
2019 .582
2018 .535
2017 .484
2016 .517
2015 .333
2014 .491
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:59 pm Full disclosure. I did not like Jeff Teague one bit. Did a search on my posts "Teague"
Spoiler:
Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:33 pm Finish the game with Crawford and butler in back court. Fuck teague
Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 pm Teague has never been on a team that did not make the playoffs.

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:09 pm its not as fun without Rubio.... especially when you replace him with a turd like Teague. Teague the turd.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:03 pm It's good to see Teague in mid season form of sucking
Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:40 am I am guessing it was not as bad as it looked. The skinny PG type are always over dramatic with injuries and also tend to be pussys.

My guess is he is fine and will miss 4 games just so people think he was really hurt.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:55 pm Someone call security and tell them not to let Teague in our locker room.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:08 pm Can we just trade Jeff Teague already?
Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:11 pm Jeff Teague can suck my dick. I have never seen a more wide open three and he did not shoot it
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm Jeff "I never miss the play offs" Teague ids the right guy

Haha, that was brutal.

Fuck Teague.
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:20 am I blast Tyus a lot, but he does a lot less stupid stuff compare to Teague.

Lol! GLad you're so positive atm, and posting a lot! Guess what I saw in the bay today.... Your favourite!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

LordNu wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:18 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:59 pm Full disclosure. I did not like Jeff Teague one bit. Did a search on my posts "Teague"
Spoiler:

Haha, that was brutal.

Fuck Teague.

Lol! GLad you're so positive atm, and posting a lot! Guess what I saw in the bay today.... Your favourite!
A dolphin humping something?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Johnny Athletic saying Rosas tried to get Rubio last summer, but Ricky wasn't ready to come back yet.

I remember hearing people in Houston really liked Ricky a couple years ago, maybe that was Gersson.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:22 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:18 pm
Spoiler:

A dolphin humping something?
I think they were humping smaller fish.
witljon

Post by witljon »

I never liked the Teague replacing Rubio idea.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

So it's not really a secret that I was never that high on Rubio like most people here. He has value certainly but he has some unique weaknesses that you have to account for. Do we still have Malik Beasley and D'Angelo Russell? We just drafted an undersized shooting guard with our #1 pick and none of these guys can really line up to play defense at the 3. Our defense is still a major issue, THE biggest issue.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:21 am So it's not really a secret that I was never that high on Rubio like most people here. He has value certainly but he has some unique weaknesses that you have to account for. Do we still have Malik Beasley and D'Angelo Russell? We just drafted an undersized shooting guard with our #1 pick and none of these guys can really line up to play defense at the 3. Our defense is still a major issue, THE biggest issue.
Undersized shooting guard?
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:08 am
zeitgeist wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:21 am So it's not really a secret that I was never that high on Rubio like most people here. He has value certainly but he has some unique weaknesses that you have to account for. Do we still have Malik Beasley and D'Angelo Russell? We just drafted an undersized shooting guard with our #1 pick and none of these guys can really line up to play defense at the 3. Our defense is still a major issue, THE biggest issue.
I don't know, Anthony Edwards is listed at 6'4, I don't know if he has long arms or anything but that's a bit short for a shooting guard, and it doesn't help that he is not a good defender so he doesn't have much positional flexibility to play up into the 3.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:27 am
I don't know, Anthony Edwards is listed at 6'4, I don't know if he has long arms or anything but that's a bit short for a shooting guard, and it doesn't help that he is not a good defender so he doesn't have much positional flexibility to play up into the 3.
Anythony Edwards is going to be able to play PF in small ball lineups. The dude is a beast. He out weighs some PF's in the league.

Last we hear, his college coach said he has grown during the process and is closer to 6'6"
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:49 am

Anythony Edwards is going to be able to play PF in small ball lineups. The dude is a beast. He out weighs some PF's in the league.

Last we hear, his college coach said he has grown during the process and is closer to 6'6"
Well, it will all come down to his defense which based on what I've read is not a strength of his at this time. Certainly, he could develop that but I guess I'm so familiar with bad defenders staying bad even after getting acclimated to the NBA, that I'm a bit pessimistic. I hope I'm wrong and I'll still have to watch him play for awhile before I have any strong opinions on him.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Edwards is not an undersized SG. Goodness gracious.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

thinktank wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:29 am Edwards is not an undersized SG. Goodness gracious.
I know. Read that and laughed a little.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

It's pretty simple. Rubio has ALWAYS made his yeam better. Do you have a ceiling if he's your lead point guard? Yes, but we are still in the basement and he won't be the lead here.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

kilkenny wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:32 am
thinktank wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:29 am Edwards is not an undersized SG. Goodness gracious.
I know. Read that and laughed a little.
He's listed 6'4, do you have a more official measurement?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Along with a 6'10" wingspan
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

To be fair to zeitgeist, a lot of the websites still list Edwards as 6'4 (probably including NBA.com). I think these were from the start of the year, and the ones after the playoffs had him at 6'5. However, in recent measurements he grew an inch in a month, so there is hope he may end up growing a few more inches when all is said and done. The guy is also 225 pounds....

The knock from NBAdraft.net was that he had a reluctance to use his athleticism and abilities to really smash opponents. Hopefully he can take that step to use his body, and force his will upon the opposition.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:15 pm

Along with a 6'10" wingspan
And he'll consume the Nuggets with with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
j2j

Post by j2j »

That sounds illegal.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***