Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kyle Sloter - “I’m Ready & Willing to Sign!”

A place to discuss the MN Vikings

Should The Vikings Sign Kyle Sloter Back

Yes, anybody other than Mannion
73%
No, stick with Kirk & Mannion
27%

Total votes: 15

Sarge

Re: Kyle Sloter - “I’m Ready & Willing to Sign!”

Post by Sarge »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 am Joe Webb just got released the other day. Bring him in!

Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

God do we suck when we are bringing up Kyle Sloter....

RubeTub is the biggest cousins lover ever. I used to say he should get a Bradbury jersey because that is the guy who has Kirk's hands on his junk every day. Sweaty balls.

Put in Mannion. The guy was a decent prospect and was drafted by the Rams, who seem to have a much better idea of quarterbacks than we do. Kubiak sucked with Keenum. Really, Kubiak is not that great of a signal caller anymore watching this crap.

I liked RubTub saying Josh Rosen. He was there for the taking, but Rick couldn't have anyone to push his quarterback. I know it is Rick because Zimmer always wants competition at positions.

There are certain posters here who ripped me to shreds for not buying into Cousins and Spielman. I drank the Spielman Kool-Aid for years, but the Bradford trade was just insane. His stupid "we are built to win now" is why he must go. We did worse with Bradford, but the same Cousins ball washers were all over Bradford. They still think he would have been great had it not been for his "injury." The truth is Bradford sucked, Cousins sucked, Ponder, Webb, TJack, Mannion, Sloter, and most of Rick's quarterbacks sucked.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Sarge wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:36 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 am Joe Webb just got released the other day. Bring him in!

That's Vikings Mt Rushmore right there.
Let's get Tropical
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

What is the deal with Sloter?

We all saw with our own eyes how impressive he looked in Preseason. You would think he would be good enough to catch on as a back up with some team. Its curious that he is not with a team. Maybe he has bad body order or something.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:43 pm What is the deal with Sloter?

We all saw with our own eyes how impressive he looked in Preseason. You would think he would be good enough to catch on as a back up with some team. Its curious that he is not with a team. Maybe he has bad body order or something.
Because you people do realize that when you watched Sloter "Rip it up" he was playing against blokes that were mostly cuts, camp casualties etc, right?

You do realize the 4th quarter of a preseason game usually includes most guys who don't make a team. :lol:

It's mind boggling how anyone could care that we got rid of Kyle Sloter. :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Because you people do realize that when you watched Sloter "Rip it up" he was playing against blokes that were mostly cuts, camp casualties etc, right?

You do realize the 4th quarter of a preseason game usually includes most guys who don't make a team. :lol:

If memory serves I remember the Vikes paying more than normal to get Sloter here......they thought maybe they had something special and their coaches would get that out of him. Then it seems Sloter played well, sometimes really well during those preseason games yet het never seemed to be given any credit from the coaches. I think us fans would just like to have seen him get a chance or two in a real game and see what he had. Alas, it would never happen......
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:17 pm

We all saw with our own eyes how impressive he looked in Preseason. You would think he would be good enaough to catch on as a back up with some team. Its curious that he is not with a team. Maybe he has bad body order or something.

If memory serves I remember the Vikes paying more than normal to get Sloter here......they thought maybe they had something special and their coaches would get that out of him. Then it seems Sloter played well, sometimes really well during those preseason games yet het never seemed to be given any credit from the coaches. I think us fans would just like to have seen him get a chance or two in a real game and see what he had. Alas, it would never happen......
Because guess what, Gus? The coaches see him every day in practice where we don't. Against guys you know, who actually made a 53 man roster.

I think it was Zulgad laughing about the Vikings fans obsession with this guy a year or two ago when he was later cut by another team after all of the bitching.

Zulgad said he has been told by many sources that the guy simply stinks.

You guys are smarter than the GMs. How can Sloter be available?!? :o

Someone get on the horn! How is this kid on the streets! :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

At least bitch about something that matters.

Like wishing we could have kept Diggs etc...

There isn't a Vikings QB in the last decade that's been on roster that was taking us anywhere but a one and done at best.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Also, what year and what week should Sloter have played over the QBs we had on our roster?

Why the fuck would he ever get the nod in a regular season game unless of injury? :lol:

Good lord. Some of you have watched bad QB play for so long, you can no longer IDENTIFY.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It's truly embarrassing that anyone would even start this thread.

How does Kyle Sloter even cross ones mind after years have passed? :lol:

I'm going to lose a lot of sleep tonight debating if we should have kept Sloter or Mannion. :lol:
Last edited by RubeTube on Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Because guess what, Gus? The coaches see him every day in practice where we don't. Against guys you know, who actually made a 53 man roster.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

What makes this thread even more stupid is if you think Sloter is better than Mannion, why would you want him on the roster when we are trying to lose?

Not one game since they cut Sloter would he have played in yet. So I am really not even getting it.

Screw tanking for Lawrence. We can just sign Sloter next year and we are ready to go!!

What are other teams thinking?!?

Who needs Lawrence? It's Sloter time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:30 pm What makes this thread even more stupid is if you think Sloter is better than Mannion, why would you want him on the roster when we are trying to lose?

Not one game since they cut Sloter would he have played in yet. So I am really not even getting it.

Screw tanking for Lawrence. We can just sign Sloter next year and we are ready to go!!

Not sure if your anger is directed at me, but if so I NEVAH said Sloter would be THE guy.....only wondered why they spent extra to get him, he was really quite good in preseason when given the chance, and if they paid extra for him and he played well in non-practice situations why not give him a shot in a real game! C'mon RT, with your terrible take on Cousins a few years back you are NOT the one to criticize anyone for saying nice things about Sloter! :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:49 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:30 pm What makes this thread even more stupid is if you think Sloter is better than Mannion, why would you want him on the roster when we are trying to lose?

Not sure if your anger is directed at me, but if so I NEVAH said Sloter would be THE guy.....only wondered why they spent extra to get him, he was really quite good in preseason when given the chance, and if they paid extra for him and he played well in non-practice situations why not give him a shot in a real game! C'mon RT, with your terrible take on Cousins a few years back you are NOT the one to criticize anyone for saying nice things about Sloter! :naners:
Kirk Cousins is miles better than Sloter. Good lord.

Cousins was pretty damn good here the first two years. almost NOBODY is any good on this team this year. The whole fucking thing is shit not just the QB.

Cook was playing great but in typical Cook fashion, he then gets hurt again.

I also said all over this board this spring that extending Rick, Zim and Kirk would be a disaster and they should have to prove it this year. So no, I did have the correct take.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

How did some of you miss this HUGE news?!?

Kyle Sloter has signed with the Bears!

Are they SB favorites now?

:lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I keep watching other team's quarterbacks get hurt and then see who their back up is and wonder WTF? Half the teams' back ups are better than our starter right now. To have Andy Dalton as Kirk's back up, Jameis, etc. Liked the idea from Rube about taking a shot at Josh.

Fricking Mannion. Who we all saw sucked horribly. It is just a complete joke.

Since we are winning I hope they fire Spielman anyway.

BTW. Everyone knows we are taking a quarterback in the draft this year. All our scouts are going to watch the top ones.

Look for a massive trade to move up to near the top of the draft.

Or maybe I am just dreaming?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:36 am I keep watching other team's quarterbacks get hurt and then see who their back up is and wonder WTF? Half the teams' back ups are better than our starter right now. To have Andy Dalton as Kirk's back up, Jameis, etc. Liked the idea from Rube about taking a shot at Josh.

Fricking Mannion. Who we all saw sucked horribly. It is just a complete joke.

Since we are winning I hope they fire Spielman anyway.

BTW. Everyone knows we are taking a quarterback in the draft this year. All our scouts are going to watch the top ones.

Look for a massive trade to move up to near the top of the draft.

Or maybe I am just dreaming?
Dude come on! Not one of those QBs you named is better than Kirk. :lol:

Rosen would have been a nice get.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I think it was Zulgad laughing about the Vikings fans obsession with this guy a year or two ago when he was later cut by another team after all of the bitching.

Sounds pretty much how this organization handled Keenum as well. The damn team had the best record in like 20 years with Keenum, but they said this or that about him. Even pulled him to stick Badford back in. When Sam clammed, Keenum came in and got us back in the game. Hell, he won the damn game.

Now RubTub will say, "Well, look at what Keenum has done since..." But it doesn't matter. Every situation is different. Although, Kirk was never good enough in Michigan, for the Washington Team, and now the Vikings.

I'd rather see Keenum come back than Sloter.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:39 am

Sounds pretty much how this organization handled Keenum as well. The damn team had the best record in like 20 years with Keenum, but they said this or that about him. Even pulled him to stick Badford back in. When Sam clammed, Keenum came in and got us back in the game. Hell, he won the damn game.

Now RubTub will say, "Well, look at what Keenum has done since..." But it doesn't matter. Every situation is different. Although, Kirk was never good enough in Michigan, for the Washington Team, and now the Vikings.

Keenum is garbage, move on. We see shitty QBs almost every year do this and someone pays them and it ends up a wreck.

How about Bortles the same year? They were a choke away from the SB. He came back to his same team and sucked ass.

Foles? Sucks.

Etc.. Etc..

Scott Mitchell? Matt Cassel? Tim Tebow? Brock Osweiler? Derrick Anderson?

The list goes on and on and on.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:44 am

Keenum is garbage, move on. We see shitty QBs almost every year do this and someone pays them and it ends up a wreck.

How about Bortles the same year? They were a choke away from the SB. He came back to his same team and sucked ass.

Foles? Sucks.

Etc.. Etc..

So you wouldn't take Foles, Bortles, or Keenum over Mannion right now as your backup quarterback?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:48 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:44 am

Foles? Sucks.

Etc.. Etc..

So you wouldn't take Foles, Bortles, or Keenum over Mannion right now as your backup quarterback?
Maybe for a backup but who the fuck cares?

You know those guys are not the future and you know they are all worse than Kirk. Kirk is durable and none of them would have even seen the field.

I don't care who the backup QB is at this point. Now if you have some young guy who has some upside and I'm not talking piles of shit like Sloter, than sure.

Please list all the backup QB situations you like in the league. :lol:

Most teams don't even have a good starter and you are worried about some scrub backup.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:32 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:15 pm This is what I dread when we select some 4th round turd.

Hearing rubes go on at nauseam about complete scrubs.

I bet we would be 6-0 right now had we just kept Sloter.

Damn, the one that got away.

Can we get MBT as his backup too?
The fact remains Rick Spielman has never brought a competent backup QB because he was afraid to shake the confidence of Ponder and Kirk.

Sloter said he wanted to win the QB job and the Vikings cut him and kept the best clipboard holder Sean Mannion
This is the dumbest claim ever and it is based on a CFL quarterback who the Vikings talked to but was never offered a NFL contract by any other team. But morons run with it like it is true.

AS for the claim that Spielman has never brought in a competent backup QB is also false. Case Keenum in 2017 makes the claim about "never" false. I would argue and others may dispute, that Trevor Siemian was a competent backup QB who in the previous two years with DEnver started 24 games.

Lastly, as I mentioned before, Sean Mannioin is not the complete backup QB. He is the IN GAME backup quarterback. IF Cousins is injured during a football game Mannion will step in. However, if Cousins would miss the next start(s) the REAL backup quarterback isn't even on the roster. Spielman would go find one who is a current free agent or work a minor deal for a veteran QB.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Depending on how the rest of the season goes, I think the Vikings should look at bringing in a guy like Sloter, or bringing up Browning and Stanley from the PS and put them in the damn game. I am not saying do this if we run off several more wins in a row that puts us into playoff contention.

But what would it hurt if in game 12-14 we are out of play off contention to pick up a guy like SLoter and let him start game 13? If that guy plays well, let him start game 13. IF he totally sucks, bring up Stanley and let him start game 14.....etc etc etc. Maybe the starting experience demonstrates that they have the capacity to be teh backup next season.

I doubt a guy like Mike Zimmer would do this and at game 13 I am sure that even a 5-7 record has a mathematical chance at the playoffs so they will not do these experiments I think would give them some valuable information.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:23 pm Depending on how the rest of the season goes, I think the Vikings should look at bringing in a guy like Sloter, or bringing up Browning and Stanley from the PS and put them in the damn game. I am not saying do this if we run off several more wins in a row that puts us into playoff contention.

But what would it hurt if in game 12-14 we are out of play off contention to pick up a guy like SLoter and let him start game 13? If that guy plays well, let him start game 13. IF he totally sucks, bring up Stanley and let him start game 14.....etc etc etc. Maybe the starting experience demonstrates that they have the capacity to be teh backup next season.

I doubt a guy like Mike Zimmer would do this and at game 13 I am sure that even a 5-7 record has a mathematical chance at the playoffs so they will not do these experiments I think would give them some valuable information.
I 100% agree they should do that.

I also 100% agree they will 100% never do that.

This is why I want the next head coach to be “new age.” Use analytics. Use actual logic when making decisions. Stop with the “Ol’ Ball Coach likes to use his gut when making decisions” old school bullshit.