Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICAL Honolulu Blue @ Vikings GDT***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beef Supreme

Re: ***OFFICAL Honolulu Blue @ Vikings GDT***

Post by Beef Supreme »

Have we heard Everson Griffen’s name once?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Flexin'

Post by Flexin' »

That Cardinals-Dolphins game is very interesting to me.

I get why it's not the primetime matchup but I'm watchin that over Steelers-Cowboys
Flexin'

Post by Flexin' »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:48 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:43 pm Fire Priefer!
I've never hated a punter more. Guys a clown
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Dalvin Cook's last four full games
-vs. TEN: 199 yards, TD
-at HOU: 146 yards, 2 TDs
-at GB: 224 yards, 4 TDs
-vs. DET: 236 yards, 2 TDs*
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:00 pm Dalvin Cook's last four full games
a great running back can still make a difference in today's NFL. he makes the whole offense go.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Flexin' wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:53 pm
Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:48 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:43 pm Fire Priefer!
I've never hated a punter more. Guys a clown
I never understood the love for him. The guy had on field mental breakdowns all the time.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:14 pm
Obi-Wan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:13 pm If Stafford was on vikings he would have been fun out of town years ago.
Nerds like Cunningham would want Turdwater or Haskins :lol:
I’m old. My dream is for us to groom our own GOAT here. I’ve seen Cousins and Bridgewater and all I have asked since before Trump was President is that we draft a quarterback! But really since Bradford failed and when we weren’t going with Keenum or Bridgewater we should have drafted a quarterback.

But not one. Nothing to hope for in the future. Just that Dalvin Cook can carry this team to the promised land and Cousins doesn’t screw it up.

That is a reach for even this old Vikings fan.
Bros Before Shiancoes

Post by Bros Before Shiancoes »

cunningham wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:13 pm
Obi-Wan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:13 pm If Stafford was on vikings he would have been fun out of town years ago.
I’m old. My dream is for us to groom our own GOAT here. I’ve seen Cousins and Bridgewater and all I have asked since before Trump was President is that we draft a quarterback! But really since Bradford failed and when we weren’t going with Keenum or Bridgewater we should have drafted a quarterback.

But not one. Nothing to hope for in the future. Just that Dalvin Cook can carry this team to the promised land and Cousins doesn’t screw it up.

What was the time of possession, that’s all I care about. I assumed the Vikings had the edge there since they won. Please advise.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

if DC is healthy and galloping they can make an improbable playoff push.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:19 pm if DC is healthy and galloping they can make an improbable playoff push.
it is all about peaking for playoffs.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:05 pm
Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:00 pm Dalvin Cook's last four full games
a great running back can still make a difference in today's NFL. he makes the whole offense go.

850 yards rushing, about another 150 receiving. 11 td. In 7 games. He be good.
Bros Before Shiancoes

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:17 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:05 pm

850 yards rushing, about another 150 receiving. 11 td. In 7 games. He be good.
Also the reason they won stupid.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

So, not trying to take anything away from DC’s big run or the blockers who executed so well in front of him, but....

Patricia should be fired.

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

VOX on the post-game call.

cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:18 pm
cunningham wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:13 pm

What was the time of possession, that’s all I care about. I assumed the Vikings had the edge there since they won. Please advise.
I’m sure we owned it today.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Our LBs named Eric played really good today.
Gladney and Boyd weren't too bad.
Harrison Smith was very good too.
Cousins looked sharp.
And the triple combination of good offensive line play, great running by Dalvin Cook, and Detroits poor tackling is what caught my attention in this game.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Was watching the replay of Cook's 70 yard touchdown run. I do not know if anyone else mentioned it, but the Lions only had 10 guys on the field and the missing guy was the DE right at the POA the Vikings ran into.

The Vikings could not have called a better play because not only did they have more blockers on the left side, they were pulling Ezra Cleveland on trap action. Without the DE on the field, the Lions linebacker had to play outside leverage and Rudolph easily turned him out. Reiff and Dozier had a double team on the Lions DT with Reiff moving to the second level and taking out the linebacker. For some reason, the initial double on the DT did not work very well and he almost made the tackle but Reiff smothered the linebacker on his secondary block.

The timing on the play was excellent. Cleveland made an incredible trap pull through the hole and there wasn't anyone for him to block until the safety way down field. CJ Ham was leading Cook through the hole and basically found no one to block.

Once the other Lion safety took a bad angle to Cook it was all over. Of course, that was Jayron Kearse so Vikings fans should not be too surprised byt this.
hategreenticemase

mlhouse wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:06 am Was watching the replay of Cook's 70 yard touchdown run. I do not know if anyone else mentioned it, but the Lions only had 10 guys on the field and the missing guy was the DE right at the POA the Vikings ran into.

The Vikings could not have called a better play because not only did they have more blockers on the left side, they were pulling Ezra Cleveland on trap action. Without the DE on the field, the Lions linebacker had to play outside leverage and Rudolph easily turned him out. Reiff and Dozier had a double team on the Lions DT with Reiff moving to the second level and taking out the linebacker. For some reason, the initial double on the DT did not work very well and he almost made the tackle but Reiff smothered the linebacker on his secondary block.

The timing on the play was excellent. Cleveland made an incredible trap pull through the hole and there wasn't anyone for him to block until the safety way down field. CJ Ham was leading Cook through the hole and basically found no one to block.

Once the other Lion safety took a bad angle to Cook it was all over. Of course, that was Jayron Kearse so Vikings fans should not be too surprised byt this.
I was watching in a bar out for state so didn't notice but read something later. Can't make up the Lions.

What was your assessment of both guards this game, please?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:17 pm So, not trying to take anything away from DC’s big run or the blockers who executed so well in front of him, but....

Patricia should be fired.
When I posted my comment, I did not see your post. But hat trick to you. What was amazing is that the Vikings either had called the right play or audibled to the right play to completely exploit the Lions missing player. They ran right at the missing defensive end.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:11 am

Obviously when a team average 8.1 yards per carry and 11.0 yards per pass attempt you are dominating. Cousins was sacked twice, but only one of those is due to the offensive line. The other was a corner run blitz on a slow developing play action pass that just continued onto the QB.

I think Dakota Dozier has played adequately this season. As a starting guard he is "only" making $1 million this season. I think he played adequately in the Lions game. He had some problems in the game at times. For example, on Cook's touchdown run it was his guy that almost made the tackle on Cook in the hole. Reiff came over to double the DT with Dakota, then separated to go block the linebacker on the next level (whom he demolished). When the blocking mesh was separated Dozier lost his proper leverage and got turned to much, letting his defender slip through to almost make the play. Balance and leverage are his main deficiencies but I have always liked him as a backup swing offensive lineman.

I think Ezra Cleveland played well in the Lions game. I haven't watched the all-22 games this season, but I think if you watch the oLine game plan with Cleveland at RG we are seeing much more movement in the blocking scheme. HE can move and pull very well. On Cook's long td he pulled from RG into the point of attack and got up two levels to take out the Lions safety who was the last player on the defense. In space 15 yards downfield, that is a hard block for an offensive lineman to make.

But, I still project Cleveland as an offensive tackle and that is were he will maximize the value to the team. The mobility he demonstrates verifies this idea but it is really great to see him getting real game experience in the NFL. Playing in the interior often helps younger players develop when they are moved to the outside of the offensive line.

Using more movement blocking variations has long been something I have stated the team needed and with Ezra at RG they seem to have caught on. Once you establish the RG trap and pull actions, you can run variations of that with the RT or center doing the same actions. We have the movement players at those positions to make that successful.

Lastly, I am just going to repeat for the 1000th time, what could the coaching staff possibly been looking at when they started Dru Samia over Ezra Cleveland.

Next week against the Bears will be a solid challenge for the interior linemen. Mack is always a threat on the perimeter and Akiem Hicks is a load at 350 lbs who has 9 tfls and 3.5 sacks. The Vikings have always seemed to freeze when they have encountered the Bears, especially when the Bears load up the front and stop our rushing attack. They held Derrick Henry to 68 yards on 21 carries. This is were the Vikings need to continue their more varied passing attack and game plan to get the ball out of Kirk's hands quicker. If we just run into the Bear's front, they most likely will not cave like the Lions and it will put us in bad down-distance situations.
hategreenticemase

mlhouse wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:36 pm

Obviously when a team average 8.1 yards per carry and 11.0 yards per pass attempt you are dominating. Cousins was sacked twice, but only one of those is due to the offensive line. The other was a corner run blitz on a slow developing play action pass that just continued onto the QB.

I think Dakota Dozier has played adequately this season. As a starting guard he is "only" making $1 million this season. I think he played adequately in the Lions game. He had some problems in the game at times. For example, on Cook's touchdown run it was his guy that almost made the tackle on Cook in the hole. Reiff came over to double the DT with Dakota, then separated to go block the linebacker on the next level (whom he demolished). When the blocking mesh was separated Dozier lost his proper leverage and got turned to much, letting his defender slip through to almost make the play. Balance and leverage are his main deficiencies but I have always liked him as a backup swing offensive lineman.

I think Ezra Cleveland played well in the Lions game. I haven't watched the all-22 games this season, but I think if you watch the oLine game plan with Cleveland at RG we are seeing much more movement in the blocking scheme. HE can move and pull very well. On Cook's long td he pulled from RG into the point of attack and got up two levels to take out the Lions safety who was the last player on the defense. In space 15 yards downfield, that is a hard block for an offensive lineman to make.

But, I still project Cleveland as an offensive tackle and that is were he will maximize the value to the team. The mobility he demonstrates verifies this idea but it is really great to see him getting real game experience in the NFL. Playing in the interior often helps younger players develop when they are moved to the outside of the offensive line.

Using more movement blocking variations has long been something I have stated the team needed and with Ezra at RG they seem to have caught on. Once you establish the RG trap and pull actions, you can run variations of that with the RT or center doing the same actions. We have the movement players at those positions to make that successful.

Lastly, I am just going to repeat for the 1000th time, what could the coaching staff possibly been looking at when they started Dru Samia over Ezra Cleveland.

Next week against the Bears will be a solid challenge for the interior linemen. Mack is always a threat on the perimeter and Akiem Hicks is a load at 350 lbs who has 9 tfls and 3.5 sacks. The Vikings have always seemed to freeze when they have encountered the Bears, especially when the Bears load up the front and stop our rushing attack. They held Derrick Henry to 68 yards on 21 carries. This is were the Vikings need to continue their more varied passing attack and game plan to get the ball out of Kirk's hands quicker. If we just run into the Bear's front, they most likely will not cave like the Lions and it will put us in bad down-distance situations.
Good stuff. The week before I watched on DVR like normal and rewatched Cleveland on most run plays. He was very good on combo blocks and occasionally was the one to move to the lb. He moves well. Drives guys back occasionally. I think we found a guard finally. As for Dozier he certainly has stood out less lately and that is a good thing. Maybe it means Bradbury playing well also.

Completely agree and been saying same on bears game. Show me either that you can still run effectively or at least hurt them downfield when they over play the run and then I will believe. We will see.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I’ll add that Henry had a 24 or 28 yard run in the game, so he got about 40 yards on the other 20 carries.

We started this season playing really good interior linemen (Clark with GB, Buckner with Indy, Simmons with Tenn. it got a lot lighter since then with Houston, Seattle, Atlanta, GB (Clark out), and Detroit. Chicago is more like the first group than the second. Good test for the new look offensive front.

- Isaac Asimov
Bros Before Shiancoes

Samia over Cleveland is a toughie. Maybe ol HGTM can answer that one?
hategreenticemase

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:36 pm

I have ripped the fact that is embarrassing Samia is here 1.5 years and this terrible, I ripped that he was the guy turned to when its clear he sucks, and I ripped Zimmers entire regieme from Jeff Davidson to present as being 100% consistently horrible at evaluating their own OL talent and offered NUMEROUS examples where a starter got hurt and the sub improved the position.

Other than that, you are spot on dumbfuck. Stay in the shallow end, Corkie, Cunningham is your max speed. :lol:
Bros Before Shiancoes

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:00 pm
Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:36 pm

I have ripped the fact that is embarrassing Samia is here 1.5 years and this terrible, I ripped that he was the guy turned to when its clear he sucks, and I ripped Zimmers entire regieme from Jeff Davidson to present as being 100% consistently horrible at evaluating their own OL talent and offered NUMEROUS examples where a starter got hurt and the sub improved the position.

Other than that, you are spot on dumbfuck. Stay in the shallow end, Corkie, Cunningham is your max speed. :lol:
How bout shitty veterans over rookies? Tell us about your crusade there.