Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Video game themed message board
laX

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by laX »

im diving back into this today - starting over and hoping to explore more, i always have a tendency to just plow thru the story
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

laX wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:27 am im diving back into this today - starting over and hoping to explore more, i always have a tendency to just plow thru the story
The legendary animals and fish are fun to do. I've even done the dinosaurs fossils, cliff drawings, and all that stuff. Those aren't as fun since it's just exploratory instead of really doing anything.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I just started the online story last night. Anyone still playing and playing that mode?
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I finally wrapped up the main story about a month ago and I'm almost through the last two John acts. I have zero interest in online.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am I just started the online story last night. Anyone still playing and playing that mode?
Nice! I'll have to get back into it and we'll start a posse.

It was still in beta when I last played. I did all the missions over and over. I mostly played Team Shootout and got gold and cash that way.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:57 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am I just started the online story last night. Anyone still playing and playing that mode?

It was still in beta when I last played. I did all the missions over and over. I mostly played Team Shootout and got gold and cash that way.
I haven't played it much, not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing yet. Seems like a lot of long horse rides in between random quests.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:01 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:57 pm

I haven't played it much, not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing yet. Seems like a lot of long horse rides in between random quests.
You can press L2 and the online menu comes up. From there you can select "join mission" or whatever, and it will put you with someone who went to the actual mission on the map and you help them complete the mission. Once you're done, you'll be nearby to the start so you can ride over and do it yourself.

The problem on the beta is that they didn't complete the story. The coolest one was you had to go to a Fort and fight your way in and get a dude with body armor on whom the lady who got you out of jail thinks killed her husband.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Game after Rockstar game I've been slowly liking Rockstar less and less. I don't know if I'll ever play another Rockstar game.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:12 pm Game after Rockstar game I've been slowly liking Rockstar less and less. I don't know if I'll ever play another Rockstar game.
Can't say that I'd go that far but it can't be understated how disappointed I am that they never released single player DLC for GTA V or RDR 2. I despise the whole MUT, FUT, online money makers like this. It's ruining gaming.

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I have been off and on dusting this game off for a while. In this particular playthrough, I have decided to go full shit bag. I rob every camp I come across and murder the people in the camp. My honor level is not quite as low as I'd like it to be yet, but I'm working on it.

I probably have $1000 in bounties on my head across the entire map at this point due to shooting my way out of Valentine and St. Denis multiple times. The bounty hunters are getting relentless.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:53 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:12 pm Game after Rockstar game I've been slowly liking Rockstar less and less. I don't know if I'll ever play another Rockstar game.
Can't say that I'd go that far but it can't be understated how disappointed I am that they never released single player DLC for GTA V or RDR 2. I despise the whole MUT, FUT, online money makers like this. It's ruining gaming.
I loved GTA V but felt like I wanted more out of it. Maybe I missed out by not playing online.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:12 pm
I loved GTA V but felt like I wanted more out of it. Maybe I missed out by not playing online.
I wonder if the problem is servers are still too small to provide a more genuine experience. 90% preprogrammed, dumb NPC's/ 10% Users isn't making games authentic enough.

Give me teh Ready Player One experience.

Herky

Post by Herky »

Any players on Xbox want to play multiplayer? Let's throw back some whiskey and get weird.

The West wasn't won with a registered gun.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:02 am Any players on Xbox want to play multiplayer? Let's throw back some whiskey and get weird.

I would on PS4. Sounds like a blast! 🤠

salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:06 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:12 pm

I wonder if the problem is servers are still too small to provide a more genuine experience. 90% preprogrammed, dumb NPC's/ 10% Users isn't making games authentic enough.

Give me teh Ready Player One experience.
Oh man, that would be dope!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Herky wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:02 am Any players on Xbox want to play multiplayer? Let's throw back some whiskey and get weird.

No cross platform with Red Dead 2?
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:13 pm

I looked at XBox's RDR2 prices, and they are at $60 still/again. Can't do it for only for Online.

Herky

Post by Herky »

salamander wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Nope.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm in for the lets get weird, but I'm out for the XBOX.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:21 pm I'm in for the lets get weird, but I'm out for the XBOX.
I'll get weird on Sony. I haven't played RDR2 since Christmas though.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:09 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:21 pm I'm in for the lets get weird, but I'm out for the XBOX.
I'll get weird on Sony. I haven't played RDR2 since Christmas though.
I tried to play the online a bit, but didn't really get what I was even supposed to do? I haven't played FO76 in several weeks now. Got bored with doing the same stuff every day, and no story.
Let's get Tropical
laX

Post by laX »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 am I should restart this game.
im doing that this week i think. i always have some excuse though
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Been playing this game for a few weeks now and I'm liking it. Is it normal for Arthur to get TB, or did I do something wrong and expose him to something? Also, I think I worry about his sleep too much and whether he's getting enough rest.

I hate that I just brush up against someone and next thing you know I'm getting shot at and running for my life. I'm like 'check out my good-guy cred' guys, c'mon.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Night Train wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:39 pm Been playing this game for a few weeks now and I'm liking it. Is it normal for Arthur to get TB, or did I do something wrong and expose him to something? Also, I think I worry about his sleep too much and whether he's getting enough rest.

I hate that I just brush up against someone and next thing you know I'm getting shot at and running for my life. I'm like 'check out my good-guy cred' guys, c'mon.
The TB isn't option. I won't say anymore, spoilers.

#BaltimoreStrong
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Night Train wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:39 pm Been playing this game for a few weeks now and I'm liking it. Is it normal for Arthur to get TB, or did I do something wrong and expose him to something? Also, I think I worry about his sleep too much and whether he's getting enough rest.

How far are you?
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

You really need to visit the hillbilly in the swamps north of Saint Dennis. Spoilers, but he really gives you something you can't get anywhere else.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:57 pm

You really need to visit the hillbilly in the swamps north of Saint Dennis. Spoilers, but he really gives you something you can't get anywhere else.
Isn't Ft. Condor kind of over there?

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 pm

That's fallout. The hillbilly's much more interesting.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:42 pm

I remember the hillbilly. You don't forget the hillbilly :shock:

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:00 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:42 pm

I remember the hillbilly. You don't forget the hillbilly :shock:
I burnt the hillbilly alive in his hillbilly mansion.
I made this!