Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*Wild Off-Season Chat*

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hole Nova Level

Re: *Wild Off-Season Chat*

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Hornets wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:05 am
Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:52 am
Hornets wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:45 am

I still don't deny it. You act as though he shouldn't be in the league and that is absurd. On a side note, I have a buddy who works in the Wild ticket office. If you want I could see if he could possibly get that autograph for you!
No. I act as tho he's not a top Dman. And is a 5-6 Dman (some teams and some nights- a healthy scratch). Therefore I want nothing to do with his 170 pound-teeny-tiny-baby-autograph. I wouldn't even let my kids get his autograph.

Your delusion has caught up to you. And here we are. Look what that got us to this place. REBUILD.

"You were right all along Hole Nova Level...."
Love your enthusiasm! Ok, on a serious note, what's your thought on the Kunin trade? I kind of liked him but was hoping he would have produced a bit more. I know Bonino has been around quite awhile but don't know much about his game.
I liked the trade for the reasons I told Jimtown Guy:

"Not in future plans but he (Bonino) brings an actual BALLSACK into the locker-room. So that's a start.

They could easily turn him for another pick or two, for a team that needs him for a playoff run (not the Wild). So it's good for long term complete Rebuild that this team is about 3-5 years late on."

Kunin was a long list of "young" potential, etc....the Wild touted- An underlying problem with this team has never been the lack of "young guys" it's always been they are miscast in conjunction with their potential and the leadership that is making them better (or not).

I'm amazed at how quickly the "state of hockey" has forgotten the importance of true leadership. If you have good captains, like big dogs, alpha dogs, they will push, challenge, demand, expect, give resepct, etc...to those "young guys" with potential. The Wild have wasted a lot of young-guy-talent because they haven't had a culture in place via leadership to make them better. Thru the locker room, plane ride, to practice, how Steve Yzerman, Scott Stevens, Mark Messier, Zdeno Chara, Rod Brind"amour, etc...challenged, demanded, gave, conducted, accountability, etc....young guys got better. They played to their potential because it was demanded of them. You go 1 v 1 against Scott Stevens, or go into a corner with him, or are his D-partner in practice day in and day out, and your a young Patrick Elias, Brian Rolston, Scott Gomez or a young Scott Neidermayer, your gonna get better.

The Wild have never had that. I'll only know how good Kunin could be (he showed good potential) on another team. You'll never see a young-guy in the current state of the Wild, become something. And before you or anyone go throwing out a list of players, just know, there are none. There isn't a young-gun-guy, that Zach Parise pushed and set an example for and now he's a key cog for the team. There isn't a young-gun D-man that Suter Pushed and set an example for and now he's a key cog D-man....We have had nothing but an entire roster of expendable players during Parise/Suter years (yes I include them as they've show to be pointless in the pursuit of anything of hockey value for this team)

I've said, "trade everything you have", literally. And any young-gun you bring in....Make sure Parise and Suter are soon to be out of the picture. That's where Bonino may come in...."balls in the locker room" sorta deal. Actual Leadership.
Hole Nova Level

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:54 pm So puckheads, sell me on these guys. I’m a hockey fan, but the Wild bore the shit out of me. Will these guys be exciting?

Our new center is a Little Person right? Like a Martin St-Louis Little Person or a Pierre Marc-Bouchard Little Person?

Thanks!
The best thing about Rossi is he's an Austrian kid, moved the Switzerland to play against better competition, then got drafted to the OHL (to me still the best tier 1 junior league in the world above USHL for producing the direct NHL pipeline).

He put up those 120 points in the OHL. He's well traveled, has always played "up" and has some metal to him. This isn't some softy from Edina that put up 70 points against half of a schedule against small schools with sophomores and juniors and one-or two seniors...

The league he's coming from is legit. Night in and night out, it's a mans league. Loved that we grabbed a baller out of the OHL and would love to see more draft picks for this team to come from the OHL and WHL for that matter...vs. Sweden and USHL etc...the "type" of kid your getting from those leagues (OHL/WHL) is what the Wild need and have needed.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hola your last 2 posts were excellent. I agree with everything you said. Instead of you doing it, I will give you a pat on the back
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @RussoHockey: Cam Talbot, 3 years, $11 million to #mnwild
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Sid Hartman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 pm RT @RussoHockey: Cam Talbot, 3 years, $11 million to #mnwild
Cant complain. While not elite has always been very good. Nice 1 2 stable.

3 years Hunter Jones should be ready.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Any early ideas what the lines are going to look like next year?

Should we expect many more moves/additions?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:43 pm Any early ideas what the lines are going to look like next year?

They are pretty much done with their cap situation and their RFA’a they need to re-sign
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:43 pm Any early ideas what the lines are going to look like next year?

Putrid. Russo has Johansson centering Kaprizov and Fiala. Johansson has never been able to stick as a center and he's the #1.

Russo guesses:
Parise Ek Zuccarello
Greenway Bonino Bjugstad
Foligno Rask Hartman
Ketchup can be nuancy
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sid Hartman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 pm RT @RussoHockey: Cam Talbot, 3 years, $11 million to #mnwild
I don’t know Cam Talbot from Cam Newton, but it seems like the wild are pretty busy.

Is this going to work? Is the team going to be better or at least more exciting?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I’m a casual hockey guy but I would love to jump on the bandwagon if they can be better than mediocre.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:57 pm I’m a casual hockey guy but I would love to jump on the bandwagon if they can be better than mediocre.
We'll see what happens once the season starts.. but even if they're bad I'm looking forward to just having new blood. Washing the Fletcher/Fenton stench off.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Hole Nova Level

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Is the team going to be better or at least more exciting?
No.

Wait 2-3 seasons. And as long as parise/suter/dumba are here the teams not worth a shit.
Hole Nova Level

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:57 pm I’m a casual hockey guy but I would love to jump on the bandwagon if they can be better than mediocre.
Wait 2-3 season and/ or until parise/suter/ dumba are gone....
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Do the Wild have any more work to do on their own free agents? I saw they resigned Kahkonen and Greenway today.
full force five

Post by full force five »

The Wild will suck until Zach and Sutter's contract expire. You can also say Spurgeon, Zuc, Dumba and Brodin. All are decent players but not studs who you win cups with. The Wild will suck for probably the next 5 years. They need to bottom out, stock top 3 draft picks and regroup.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

They will be measurable better the minute they up the grit factor from -5 to at least +5.
Hole Nova Level

full force five wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:25 am The Wild will suck until Zach and Sutter's contract expire. You can also say Spurgeon, Zuc, Dumba and Brodin. All are decent players but not studs who you win cups with. The Wild will suck for probably the next 5 years. They need to bottom out, stock top 3 draft picks and regroup.
:thumbsup:
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Over/Under 59 points for the home squad?
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

I swear if they still schedule the games for 9pm our time since we're, for whatever reason, traveling the most out of any team, I riot.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Getting closer and closer to FINALLY see our prized Russian!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

DC4MVP wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:00 pm I swear if they still schedule the games for 9pm our time since we're, for whatever reason, traveling the most out of any team, I riot.
With all the Canadian teams in the same division, something had to give. I think the Central division Stars are more "West" than the Wild though.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:24 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:00 pm I swear if they still schedule the games for 9pm our time since we're, for whatever reason, traveling the most out of any team, I riot.
With all the Canadian teams in the same division, something had to give. I think the Central division Stars are more "West" than the Wild though.
Yeah that's who I thought should be in the West.....I mean Dallas is nearly 500 miles closer to Vegas than Minneapolis is. Same with Dallas to Anaheim. 650 miles closer to Phoenix than MSP, etc.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

The alignment is bullshit.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:39 pm The alignment is bullshit.
Gotta play with the hand we were dealt SS.....IT'S TIME TO DROP THE PUCK!! (well, in a few weeks anyway!)
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Rossi needs/should be top line center for us game 1.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Going to be interesting the way the schedules are laid out...playing back to back games against the same team, kinda like college series. In fact there are one or two times they will play the same team FOUR times in a row...kinda like the playoffs!

LET'S GO WILD!!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Hornets wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:40 am Going to be interesting the way the schedules are laid out...playing back to back games against the same team, kinda like college series. In fact there are one or two times they will play the same team FOUR times in a row...kinda like the playoffs!

LET'S GO WILD!!
Things are gonna get physical.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Mark Parrish named a Wild TV annalist today ...is Greenlay out the door ???
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Ish.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Spurgeon named new Captain ...

this will fire up the guys !!!!