Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*Wild Off-Season Chat*

A place to discuss the MN Wild
bubu dubu.

Re: *Wild Off-Season Chat*

Post by bubu dubu. »

sounds like a good pick.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

7C437189-D7D7-48DD-A1B7-E828A59D224C.jpeg
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Nailed it.
Grate hockey mind. Think I ain't?
Ketchup can be nuancy
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:55 pm Nailed it.
Grate hockey mind. Think I ain't?
You heard it here first!
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

#mnwild trades Luke Kunin and the 101st pick to #preds for Nick Bonino and the 37th and 70th picks
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Kunin was a good grinder. Liked him. But know he aint a star. Quality player.
Seems like good value for him.

Another Centre and dman in r2
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:59 am #mnwild trades Luke Kunin and the 101st pick to #preds for Nick Bonino and the 37th and 70th picks
Not a fan of this trade. Kunin was starting to get it. I liked his game. Bonino does nothing for me and I don’t see him in the future plans at all. With that said I’ll put my trust in Guerin
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Guerin is putting his finger print on this organization.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dumba and a prospect traded for a middlin' #1 center.

New guy
Ek
Bonino
Sturm/Johannson/Bjugstad/Rossi
Ketchup can be nuancy
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Guerin must have a target in the 2nd to pull that trade off
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

mglviks

Post by mglviks »

D Daemon Hunt r3
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Hornets wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:17 pm Kid racked up 120 points last year! Maybe not tough enough for Hole Nova's liking though! :lol:
I'm fine with the pick. He's a dynamic offensive kid, with sick hands and is an actual threat to score in the O-zone and has to be accounted for vs. Can score without crashing the net for garbage etc...already better than anything the Wild have had in the last decade.

As long as he's given guys that will actually care for his well being and stick up for him, protect him, enforce the still existing "code" vs. the bunch of softies, then it's no problem- and I have to believe (aka hope) that Guerin will do that.
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:26 am
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:59 am #mnwild trades Luke Kunin and the 101st pick to #preds for Nick Bonino and the 37th and 70th picks
Not a fan of this trade. Kunin was starting to get it. I liked his game. Bonino does nothing for me and I don’t see him in the future plans at all. With that said I’ll put my trust in Guerin
No future plans but he brings an actual BALLSACK into the locker-room. So that's a start.

They could easily turn him for another pick or two, for a team that needs him for a playoff run (not the Wild). So it's good for long term complete Rebuild that this team is about 3-5 years late on.
Hole Nova Level

If Dumba is traded Imma dress as Santa Clause and start handing out gifts to the kids!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

ST. PAUL -- Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has made qualifying offers to the following players: D Louie Belpedio, F Jordan Greenway, G Kaapo Kahkonen and D Brennan Menell.

The Wild did not make qualifying offers to the following restricted free agents: D Stepan Falkovsky, G Mat Robson and D Hunter Warner.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:15 pm
No future plans but he brings an actual BALLSACK into the locker-room. So that's a start.

They could easily turn him for another pick or two, for a team that needs him for a playoff run (not the Wild). So it's good for long term complete Rebuild that this team is about 3-5 years late on.
Like I said I’m trusting Guerin. And I do agree this rebuild is late to the party but Guerin hopefully is the guy to get it done
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:29 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:15 pm

Like I said I’m trusting Guerin. And I do agree this rebuild is late to the party but Guerin hopefully is the guy to get it done
We'll see how things pan out with Guerin here but I think we all agree that a major overhaul is probably our best bet and he obviously is willing to go that way. Whaddya got to lose, eh?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Dumba not moved during the draft. Thats interesting.
Hole Nova Level

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 pm Dumba not moved during the draft. Thats interesting.
No one wants the turd.

And Wild fans thought he was a “top” dman lol.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

So puckheads, sell me on these guys. I’m a hockey fan, but the Wild bore the shit out of me. Will these guys be exciting?

Our new center is a Little Person right? Like a Martin St-Louis Little Person or a Pierre Marc-Bouchard Little Person?

Thanks!
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:54 pm So puckheads, sell me on these guys. I’m a hockey fan, but the Wild bore the shit out of me. Will these guys be exciting?

Our new center is a Little Person right? Like a Martin St-Louis Little Person or a Pierre Marc-Bouchard Little Person?

Thanks!
No one here can predict with any reliability how this squad pans out. That being said, Rossi sure appears to be a really solid pick and one would hope he'd be able to contribute this coming season. I like that they got another Russian...there are now a handful in the organization and I bet part of the reason is to make Kasparov feel more comfortable.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:41 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 pm Dumba not moved during the draft. Thats interesting.
No one wants the turd.

SO much hatred toward Matt....is he yet ANOTHER athlete that refused to give you an autograph despite your begging for one?!
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:44 am
Any relation to the former pitcher?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:10 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:44 am
Any relation to the former pitcher?
..or the former Democratic VP candidate?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:54 pm So puckheads, sell me on these guys. I’m a hockey fan, but the Wild bore the shit out of me. Will these guys be exciting?

Thanks!
Don't know much about them, other than what I've just read in the past two days. I don't buy much into the hype, as it seems every draft in every sport, the media seems to want to make every pick into some star potential player.
Heres what I've read

Rossi......120 points in a single season. In other years would be in consideration for the #1 pick. Only weakness is his size. projects as first line center.

Khusnutdinov....Highly competitive. Big two way potential. 2nd-3rd line potential.

O'Rourke....safe pick. Stay at home defender. Top 2 D potential.

Hunt.....Was in line to greatly benefit his draft status last season, but then got injured, and then COVID also hit, so he didn't have much time to increase his position. Swing for the fences pick, banking that he would have showed up, had he had the opportunity.

Novak....Physical wing with a good shot. Wild traded up to get him, I think whenever a team trades up to draft someone, it shows how much they wanted him.
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:00 pm
No one wants the turd.

SO much hatred toward Matt....is he yet ANOTHER athlete that refused to give you an autograph despite your begging for one?!
You didn't deny that you thought he was a 'top' Dman tho.

Baby steps.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:42 am

No one wants the turd.

Baby steps.
I still don't deny it. You act as though he shouldn't be in the league and that is absurd. On a side note, I have a buddy who works in the Wild ticket office. If you want I could see if he could possibly get that autograph for you!
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:45 am

Baby steps.
I still don't deny it. You act as though he shouldn't be in the league and that is absurd. On a side note, I have a buddy who works in the Wild ticket office. If you want I could see if he could possibly get that autograph for you!
No. I act as tho he's not a top Dman. And is a 5-6 Dman (some teams and some nights- a healthy scratch). Therefore I want nothing to do with his 170 pound-teeny-tiny-baby-autograph. I wouldn't even let my kids get his autograph.

Your delusion has caught up to you. And here we are. Look what that got us to this place. REBUILD.

"You were right all along Hole Nova Level...."
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:52 am
Hornets wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:45 am

Baby steps.
No. I act as tho he's not a top Dman. And is a 5-6 Dman (some teams and some nights- a healthy scratch). Therefore I want nothing to do with his 170 pound-teeny-tiny-baby-autograph. I wouldn't even let my kids get his autograph.

Your delusion has caught up to you. And here we are. Look what that got us to this place. REBUILD.

"You were right all along Hole Nova Level...."
Love your enthusiasm! Ok, on a serious note, what's your thought on the Kunin trade? I kind of liked him but was hoping he would have produced a bit more. I know Bonino has been around quite awhile but don't know much about his game.