Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Booker Unhappy with Suns

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade Wolves top 3 pick, Beasley, and Culver for Booker?

Yes, do it and form our big 3
63%
No, we still can’t play defense
37%

Total votes: 41

Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: Booker Unhappy with Suns

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

that was nice. but he caught siakam unawares. let's see him try that when siakam knows it's coming - i believe the stuff would be going in the other direction. just pointing it out to be fair. posterizing someone when they are late to the party is one thing - posterizing someone on a dead on mano-a-mano is something else.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:47 pm that was nice. but he caught siakam unawares. let's see him try that when siakam knows it's coming - i believe the stuff would be going in the other direction. just pointing it out to be fair. posterizing someone when they are late to the party is one thing - posterizing someone on a dead on mano-a-mano is something else.
I notice he didn’t have to run away and hide behind another player on his team after he did it, like when Culver went over Lopez (then proceeded to act like a child and stare him down) and immediately ran and hid behind NAZ as though he was his momma’s skirt when Lopez came after him.

THE highlight of Culver’s first year. :lol:

Just pointing it out... ;)

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:47 pm that was nice. but he caught siakam unawares. let's see him try that when siakam knows it's coming - i believe the stuff would be going in the other direction. just pointing it out to be fair. posterizing someone when they are late to the party is one thing - posterizing someone on a dead on mano-a-mano is something else.
It was a nice dunk.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:52 pm
I notice he didn’t have to run away and hide behind another player on his team after he did it, like when Culver went over Lopez (then proceeded to act like a child and stare him down) and immediately ran and hid behind NAZ as though he was his momma’s skirt when Lopez came after him.

THE highlight of Culver’s first year. :lol:

Just pointing it out... ;)

well.... maybe because... siakam just..... got out of the way ....and then moved on to the next play? you've got no indication of what booker's reaction would have been if siakam had come after him - nice try, joda. ooooh, look how brave devin is. when no one confronts him. and culver's slam was more impressive - lopez saw him comin from a mile off and got destroyed anyway.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:00 pm
It was a nice dunk.
it was a nice dunk and i said that. but i'm just pointing out the obvious in the apparent devin booker love fest going on around here. i'm sure there are vids of booker actually posterizing someone - but this IMO wasn't one of them.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Booker was coming off a curl, ie changing direction, took no dribble, and still dunked over the taller and longer Siakam.

I think it’s a better dunk than you give it credit for.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

okay, we disagree. and i'll fully admit that there are some probably ridiculous dunks that booker has done in the league. i'm sure of it. i don't think that was one of them. he dunked over a longer, taller siakam - who barely got around in time and off the floor. siakam could have been jalen brunson there for all the good his length did him in that situation. to me it looked like a dunk booker could do during warmups - with about as much resistance. and i only mention all of this because the pro-booker Tpups crowd is pumping as much air as they can into the balloon right now - and i don't want him on our team. and that's what this is about - wanting booker on the wolves or not wanting booker on the wolves.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Who gives a shit about some dunk lol.

Learn the game.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:21 pm Who gives a shit about some dunk lol.

Learn the game.
It was a nice dunk. It was posted , I and others commented, if you don’t like it you can kick rocks. I don’t really give a shit either way. :shrug:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:06 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:21 pm Who gives a shit about some dunk lol.

Learn the game.
It was a nice dunk. It was posted , I and others commented, if you don’t like it you can kick rocks. I don’t really give a shit either way. :shrug:
It doesn't mean anything though. That's all.

I can find you a whole highlight reel of awesome dunks by basketball players who were never that good.

Hooker is nothing more than a looker.

Wiseman+Winston is basketball nirvana.

ROSAS MUST IDENTIFY!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

53 points for TJ Warren last night.

Did the Suns really trade him to the Pacers for CASH? No wonder players want out of Phoenix.

Still don't see a path to get Booker though if Beasley can't be included in a Sign & Trade with other players.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wolves top 5 pick gets the Suns Lamelo, Beasley S&T, They build around Melo and Ayton.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Wolves top 5 pick gets the Suns Lamelo, Beasley S&T, They build around Melo and Ayton.
Park this guy next to DLO and KAT and you are realistically looking at one of - if not the top offense in the NBA. Put two defensive scramblers in the lineup with them and LET’S GO!!!

***no way Suns are letting him go.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Phoenix is looking like a team on the rise. No reason to trade Booker unless he pulls an Anthony Davis and sits until he's traded. I don't see him doing that though.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:33 am 53 points for TJ Warren last night.

Did the Suns really trade him to the Pacers for CASH? No wonder players want out of Phoenix.

Still don't see a path to get Booker though if Beasley can't be included in a Sign & Trade with other players.
and 34 today. he might be the hottest player in the bubble.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:59 pm
KATMANDUDE wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:33 am 53 points for TJ Warren last night.

and 34 today. he might be the hottest player in the bubble.
So we can definitely get this TJ Warren with our Nets pick?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Park this guy next to DLO and KAT and you are realistically looking at one of - if not the top offense in the NBA. Put two defensive scramblers in the lineup with them and LET’S GO!!!

Can’t believe so many noobs here think he sucks.

Wolves chat b-ball iq is very low.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:21 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Can’t believe so many noobs here think he sucks.

Wolves chat b-ball iq is very low.
kinda makes you wonder how much playing with booker was holding tj warren back, doesn't it? how much has he scored in the bubble again? 87 points in two games? hmmmm, what's that, a 43.5 ppg average? gee,i wonder if TJ is glad to be out from under booker.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Booker just pooped on Kawhi and PG13

Massive game, and then hits the game winner over 2 of the best defenders in the league.

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

He's such a baller.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Yes, everyone against trading for the guy thinks he sucks. It has nothing to do with dumping assets and sacrificing depth for the right to pay 3 guys $90+ mil.

You’re such a fucking tool.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Stay learning the game
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Booker sucks... we have Beasley! :lol: :lol:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

and once again - tj warren - unshackled from playing alongside booker has 21 in the third quarter - 8 for 8, 3 for 3, 2 for 2. he can't miss! free at last! free at last! praise god almighty, i'm free at last!!!

booker comes here and watch Dlo average 12 ppg. booker it.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:15 pm Booker sucks... we have Beasley! :lol: :lol:
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Suns are not trading Booker anyway.

Also, Ayton will end up a better player than Carl a few years from now.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:12 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:15 pm Booker sucks... we have Beasley! :lol: :lol:
People who compared the two based on a strict statistical basis completely miss the impact each player has on a team and the gameplan other teams have to come up with against the two players.

It’s embarrassingly short sighted and shows a questionable understanding of the big picture when it comes to the game. My feelings are that a few here arguing the case above pro Beasley are doing so with willful ignorance. They know better.

***fun talker, but the Suns aren’t trading Booker and no Beasley is not in the league of Booker. I like Beasley and am a true Wolves fan, but I just can’t pretend.