Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Nets Pick Watch***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

***Nets Pick Watch***

Post by thinktank »

Are they going to win a game? A lot of motivating playoff attendance money is no longer a factor.

:?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: ***Nets Pick Watch***

Post by HeHateMe »

Did you see the Wizards starting lineup for the scrimmage? Oof.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:57 am Did you see the Wizards starting lineup for the scrimmage? Oof.
Yep, we are much better off hoping for their losses than Nets wins. And niow that it looks like we might actually have a basketball guy making the pick after a sale I really want that pick this year.

But I'm starting to waver on how many guys actually come out. 3 months ago I though you could have added a 3rd round to this draft easy because who would want to stay and take the chance of no season and maybe even no school. Now I wonder how many want to come out and go undrafted with what will be a short break before the next season starts and not find a landing spot. Still at least 60/40 it's an avalanche of guys coming out but not as certain. Could definitely see a lot of euros not declaring though. Maybe Oturo will decide to stay and guarantee us an undefeated season.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

good luck on that undefeated season. with garza coming back and pounding daniel into the turf twice - nope.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:27 am good luck on that undefeated season. with garza coming back and pounding daniel into the turf twice - nope.
I laugh in your general direction.

Oturo comes back and Gophers are undefeated. And the leading shot blocker in college last year is now on our team and would team with Oturo to block every shot Garza attempts.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:32 am
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:27 am good luck on that undefeated season. with garza coming back and pounding daniel into the turf twice - nope.

Oturo comes back and Gophers are undefeated. And the leading shot blocker in college last year is now on our team and would team with Oturo to block every shot Garza attempts.
No space for Daniel, he's gone!

I'd be shocked if Garza doesn't go back for one more year. Oturu is gone though.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am

I'd be shocked if Garza doesn't go back for one more year. Oturu is gone though.
Don't care anyway. National title without him.

Would have loved that undefeated season though.

Still laughing at all the guys giving Pitino shit for all the transfers. Because he really got killed on that deal this year. Only by far the #1 transfer class. Truly amazing. There better damn well be a season.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:29 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am

Don't care anyway. National title without him.

Would have loved that undefeated season though.

Still laughing at all the guys giving Pitino shit for all the transfers. Because he really got killed on that deal this year. Only by far the #1 transfer class. Truly amazing. There better damn well be a season.
:lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

who? liam neeson? i laugh back in your general direction. drake played one decent team all year - dayton - and got blown out by 30. luka garza has limitations as a pro center. but he's a killer college center. runner up POY if i recall. and you think some big stiff from DRAKE is going to make a dent. bwwaaaahhaaahhaaa.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

nets down 43-42 to the magic with 9 to go in the 2nd quarter. anyone playing D? go brooklyn! magic looks like they've got the full contingent. nets not so much.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Orlando pulling away, up 19 in the third quarter. I think we will actually end up with the 15th pick.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

I haven't looked at any schedule... do Washington and Brooklyn play each other? Both teams shouldn't win a game.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Washington battling early with Ricky
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Not sure what we're wanting here to keep the pick. Nets to win or lose?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:15 pm Not sure what we're wanting here to keep the pick. Nets to win or lose?
I am rooting for the Nets and Washington to lose. Nets can fall to the 8th spot.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm
That’s a lotta... “who?”
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:29 pm I haven't looked at any schedule... do Washington and Brooklyn play each other? Both teams shouldn't win a game.
Looks like they play on Sunday. Brooklyn plays Orlando again too.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Nets up 6 with minute to go, they hold on the pick looks likely
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Nets won now up 7 games on Wiz...if Nets go .500 Wiz would have to win out to force play-in series. Not looking likely as even 1 or 2 wins for nets lock us in
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think the 16th is ours.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:23 pm i think the 16th is ours.
We could still get 15 so long as Orlando finishes ahead of them
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Yay
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

We did it!
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

We're keeping that pick, it's just a matter of what to do with it or who to take. I don't want anything to do with Booker, and I believe he costs both picks and of course other assets. I'd rather have Beasley and two players on a rookie deal than Devon Booker. If we're three...if we're six, I want Okongwu with our first, and I'm leaning towards Nesmith with the Brooklyn pick. I'd gamble on Maxey, Bey or Mannion with that pick if Nesmith isn't there. Hampton could fall, but if I'm taking a small spark plug, I think Maxey has more Crawford like bench piece that I think we need. Nesmith is just solid all away around...I want guys that can shoot, so he fits the bill in case Jake breaks his toe again.

We need to sign a vet PG, and I'd gladly bring back Nape, def bring back Jmac....but that's why I do think a combo type behind Dlo should be a piece we look at. I was against Maxey months ago, but I can see the value if he falls based off our need and his potential. I'd like us to keep Juancho and make a run at WCS to solidify our big man depth. Since I think Nesmith will be gone:

Dlo/Maxey/vet FA
Beasley/Culver
Juancho/Layman
Okongwu/JJ/WCS
Towns/WCS/Spellman (if we decide to keep him)

We have some pop off the bench, we can shoot for days, and we have a couple of bigs that can actually play defense.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

in that group, i just wouldn't resign juancho - you haven't figured in okogie - layman could start at the three and josh be the backup. more money for those FAs you want.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:01 pm
Dane panicked a bit too much.