Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**9th Annual NBA froob Draft** Complete

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Style

Re: **9th Annual NBA froob Draft** #12 Domejandro is otc

Post by Style »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 pm i think we're starting to head into no man's land - where you could make a solid case for nearly a dozen guys.
Yup.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
j2j

Post by j2j »

mglviks wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 pm
Style wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:39 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm

I actually had to take a look and I missed someone that I'm sure J is talking about and I would take him over the guy I had.

The next two picks would be easy for me but everyone has their preference.
I see at least 3 guys at the same position in the same tier.
Enough clues there to which I know styles thinking.
Not me. Like I could kinda maybe put one other guy at the same position close to the same tier, but I still think one guy stands out.

If I stick with the 3 guys at the same position but change positions I guess I can see who others might be thinking.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

ooohh. a riddle hidden in a mystery shrink wrapped in an enigma. i know not of what you speak. but that's okay. it'll all come out when it comes out.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Yeah, just fun to speculate.

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

A few guys I have no chance of getting that I would love to pair with Luka.

Anthony Davis. The PnR game here would be unstoppable.

Klay Thompson. The catch and shooting ability bodes very well in this particular situation.

Beal is another player I think would fit nicely with Donic.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

I am conflicted on my choice, there are four unbelievably obvious options to choose from. Deciding right now, if you want to make a trade up, you have to PM me within the next hour!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Domejandro wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:37 am I am conflicted on my choice, there are four unbelievably obvious options to choose from. Deciding right now, if you want to make a trade up, you have to PM me within the next hour!
Probably not the time to be looking for a trade. :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:01 am
Domejandro wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:37 am I am conflicted on my choice, there are four unbelievably obvious options to choose from. Deciding right now, if you want to make a trade up, you have to PM me within the next hour!
Probably not the time to be looking for a trade. :lol:
Listen, I get off work kind of late. Trust me, the trade calls are FLYING. :lol:

I have narrowed it down to two. One player is probably better, but I might just make the obvious fun pick. Basically throwing "looking for trades" as a classic "let me stall, I haven't decided yet." The pick will be in momentarily, before 5:00 Central Time.
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

I decided that this Draft is for fun, not strategy.

With the twelfth overall Draft Pick, the *checks notes* Brooklyn Nets select....

Karl-Anthony Towns

With this pick, the Brooklyn Nets effectively secure ourselves the most dynamic offensively Center in NBA history.

Here is a great video breaking down the positives and negatives of Karl-Anthony Towns. His defense is subpar (at the most important position, unfortunately), but his offensive ability is legitimately transcendent.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

The gamble here is that he will be healthy and motivated next season, once again jumping into the top ten player conversation. Building around him is a nightmarish venture, but it is not impossible.

PG:
SG:
SF:
PF:
CE: Karl-Anthony Towns

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:49 pm ooohh. a riddle hidden in a mystery shrink wrapped in an enigma. i know not of what you speak. but that's okay. it'll all come out when it comes out.
You (and by extension, your son) will be receiving a PM very shortly. I am aggressively looking to trade up, here.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Well this definitely wasn't one of the guys on my list but I knew someone would take him too early.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:10 am Well this definitely wasn't one of the guys on my list but I knew someone would take him too early.
I have at least three players ahead of him, for what it is worth, but decided to go a more fun route.
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:49 pm ooohh. a riddle hidden in a mystery shrink wrapped in an enigma. i know not of what you speak. but that's okay. it'll all come out when it comes out.
You are on the clock, but look at my offers. I am 100% overpaying to move back up, because I picked a nightmare to build around.
Style

Post by Style »

I did the same exact thing last year in taking KAT for shits and giggles to try to build around. Was fun at first. Now I realize I wouldn’t want to be Rosas.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

the lad is a late sleeper. he's 16, what can i say? i'll try to nudge him for a pick. he went to bed expecting one of his two guys to still be available - but alas, both are still available. and, yes, i have a feeling i will be sniped.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 am the lad is a late sleeper. he's 16, what can i say? i'll try to nudge him for a pick. he went to bed expecting one of his two guys to still be available - but alas, both are still available. and, yes, i have a feeling i will be sniped.
Your son must be exhausted, you should definitely make an executive decision for him and accept that trade offer I sent you over PM. :lol:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

ah shit. sorry. i didn't even check to see if i had anything. i forget shit like that.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 am the lad is a late sleeper. he's 16, what can i say? i'll try to nudge him for a pick. he went to bed expecting one of his two guys to still be available - but alas, both are still available. and, yes, i have a feeling i will be sniped.
Steph Curry could be had. Just sayin.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'll mention that to him. but so far he's been averse to trades - and, like i said, he went to bed content that one of his two guys would still be there - he'll wake up finding that both are.
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 am i'll mention that to him. but so far he's been averse to trades - and, like i said, he went to bed content that one of his two guys would still be there - he'll wake up finding that both are.
If he wants to trade out of the first to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd... :D

bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

j2j wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:36 am
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 am i'll mention that to him. but so far he's been averse to trades - and, like i said, he went to bed content that one of his two guys would still be there - he'll wake up finding that both are.
If he wants to trade out of the first to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd... :D
I'll up the ante. Anybody that picked ahead of me can have my picks 2-10. Zion and any of those guys would need 10 men defending them just to shut them down!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Son of Yummy has been roused from his restful repose.

Paul George to the Raptors at 13.

Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

somewhat sniped by Son of, but i'm good. my selection is someone i kind of ignored earlier - but once i looked at where he's going, i'm completely on board.

at this stage of the draft, i'm looking for someone who can get me 20+ ppg, is a solid to excellent defender (his local press has labeled it "elite" - i don't know if i'd go that far), hits around 40% of his threes (39.8% on 7 per game), is a young player who has taken the next step to being a bonafide star (up 8 ppg this year to 23.6 plus increases in all the other categories as well) - and has positional flexibility to help me farther down in this draft. there were a number of guys who filled one or more of these requirements - but this is the player who seemed to check all my boxes the best.

Jayson Tatum to the Clippers at 14.

Clippers

PG -
SG -
SF - Jayson Tatum
PF - Jayson Tatum
C -
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Paul George was who I was referring to as the obvious pick, and who I would have moved up for. Alpha scorer, shoots 40% from 3, and one of the best defenders in the league.

Tatum is a nice pick here too.

mglviks

Post by mglviks »

PG is who wanted instead of Curry. Offense and defense. Position versatility. Offering Curry on trade downs.

Had Tatum last year, late 2nd. No denying he is a budding star.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

j2j wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:52 am Paul George was who I was referring to as the obvious pick, and who I would have moved up for. Alpha scorer, shoots 40% from 3, and one of the best defenders in the league.

Tatum is a nice pick here too.
well, it's a weirdly rich time in the draft depending on how you want to build your team. i think good cases can be made for about 10 guys - but these two obviously floated to the top for me and me boy. i had george last year - wanted him again, but am very satisfied with the tatum pick.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mglviks

Re: Annual NBA froob Draft sign ups

Post by mglviks »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:54 pm In- Oklahoma City
Otc
mglviks

Re: **9th Annual NBA froob Draft** #15 mlhouse is otc

Post by mglviks »

July 1st

Draft is official
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

Jayson Tatum is the guy who I would have picked at twelve, if I wasn't playing around, for what it is worth.
j2j

Post by j2j »

mglviks wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:59 am July 1st

Draft is official
Does this mean I'm on the clock again? :D

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

With the 15th pick the Oklahoma City Thunder select Trae Young G Oklahoma

In establishing a franchise in OKC it is doubtful that there could be a pick that has more value both on and off the court. Oklahoma born. Sooner phenom. Putting him in a Thunder uniform would be a franchise dream.

I have to admit that as a draft prospect I was a bit doubtful of Young who has a small frame and I wasn's sure he could handle the physical nature of the highest level pro game. I also admit I had those same concerns about Steph Curry too. But, the facts make all those concerns moot.

In his second season in the NBA Young is averaging 30.2 points, 9.5 assists and 4.3 rebounds per 36. That is far above Steph Curry in his second year. His shooting percentages are outstanding, 50.1% from 2, 36.1% from 3, and 86% from the line in which he gets to 9.5 times/36. Those numbers are starting to approach James Harden levels.

He is the three level scorer that a franchise needs as its core piece. Put the ball in his hands, surround him with good complementary players, and good coaching and your franchise will win.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Domejandro wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:00 am Jayson Tatum is the guy who I would have picked at twelve, if I wasn't playing around, for what it is worth.
:thumbsup: