Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Official outback bowl game thread

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
SKOLMN

Official outback bowl game thread

Post by SKOLMN »

Not a lot of conversation around the game here, but litmus test for the program. RTB!
D_H

Re: Official outback bowl game thread

Post by D_H »

No one cares about Minnesota football
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Fix is in!!!
My body, my choice.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

TJ top 10 play nominee.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Darn that kickoff return for a TD......we should be up 2 td's. Total domination and Auburn has to feel lucky they are only down 7. Fun game, eh rubes?!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

If the boys can keep this up it HAS to be a huge boon to recruiting. Auburn gets the ball to start the 2nd half and that first drive is going to be awfully important for both squads!

SKI U MAH!
salamander

Post by salamander »

My oh my that offense.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Forgot the Winter Classic was on so just caught the last few minutes of period 1! What a day for sports!
#1Purplefan

Post by #1Purplefan »

Can someone please explain to me why on 3rd or 4th and a foot or less ALWAYS line up in shotgun? It is the dadgum dumbest fricken thing to me. How is it not a no brainer to be under center and furthermore, a QB sneak? Especially with a 250lb qb!
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

This is fun watching the gopher line kick the shit out of Auburn.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
salamander

Post by salamander »

#1Purplefan wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:07 pm Can someone please explain to me why on 3rd or 4th and a foot or less ALWAYS line up in shotgun? It is the dadgum dumbest fricken thing to me. How is it not a no brainer to be under center and furthermore, a QB sneak? Especially with a 250lb qb!
We've been bitching about the same thing here.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I LOVE love LOVE those helmets.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

salamander wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:10 pm I LOVE love LOVE those helmets.
It’s the difference maker. I think it is why the gophers are winning! :thumbsup:
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Horseshit PI call that extended the Auburn drive.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Did you guys see Auburn get a TD near the goal line out of shotgun? Crazy.
salamander

Post by salamander »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:22 pm Did you guys see Auburn get a TD near the goal line out of shotgun? Crazy.
:lol:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Bob Wiley wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:11 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:10 pm I LOVE love LOVE those helmets.
It’s the difference maker. I think it is why the gophers are winning! :thumbsup:
Totally correct.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Tyler Johnson’s draft position is moving up with each catch
Last edited by Jimtown guy on Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Coconut shrimp on me.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

#1Purplefan wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:07 pm Can someone please explain to me why on 3rd or 4th and a foot or less ALWAYS line up in shotgun? It is the dadgum dumbest fricken thing to me. How is it not a no brainer to be under center and furthermore, a QB sneak? Especially with a 250lb qb!
I'm guessing this post was made after Morgan lined up under center for the first time all year on 4th and short and promptly fumbled the snap??
My body, my choice.
#1Purplefan

Post by #1Purplefan »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:38 pm
I'm guessing this post was made after Morgan lined up under center for the first time all year on 4th and short and promptly fumbled the snap??
Whatever. Its absolutely foolish to do anything but lineup under C when it's less than a yard to go.

Huge win, great coaching job and a wonderful year, and this is what you focus on? :lol:
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

#1Purplefan wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:49 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:38 pm
Whatever. Its absolutely foolish to do anything but lineup under C when it's less than a yard to go.

Huge win, great coaching job and a wonderful year, and this is what you focus on? :lol:
No, you have a pink name.

Go back and read your original thread and put it in context of what happened when the one time Tanner when under center.

figured you were just one of the many that make random trolling posts.all the time.
My body, my choice.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

D_H wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:03 pm No one cares about Minnesota football
I am someone and so I care. Can't help you no one.

You could have been someone and enjoyed the hell out of that. Row the boat! You get out and swim DH.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

You want to run the option and start by having the QB go backwards.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Too bad they didn't play like that when it mattered to go to the Rose Bowl.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Dr. Linux

Post by Dr. Linux »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:18 pm Too bad they didn't play like that when it mattered to go to the Rose Bowl.
Dumb. No matter what else happened, this is the best we've done in my lifetime. I'll take it.
-

Got Root?
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Are any of you geniuses whining about 4th down plays aware of their 4th down conversion % for the season? It was 65% and tied for 18th best in the country. But it's so easy to do.
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

Bob Wiley wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:07 pm This is fun watching the gopher line kick the shit out of Auburn.
Yes it was Bob , Fun Game all around!! Ski U MAH!!!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I'm rewatching this game right now.

I recall a lot of sentiment being that Auburn didn't come to play and didn't seem up for the game. That is bullshit.

Heres how the first few series went...

First series...Auburn forces turnover, and converts a FG

Next series...Gophers respond with FG.

Next series...Auburn returns kickoff for 7.

Next series...Auburn holds Gophers to 3 and out.

Auburn was jacked for that game. Auburn began the game looking like a team that was going to blow the Gophers out. They began the game with an absurd amount of momentum. You replay those beginning sequences for whatever teams, and the team that played like Auburn in those opening sequences is likely coming out on top of the game the vast majority of games...Gophers just ended up being the better team in the end. Better players, better coaching. Had nothing to do with Auburn not being up for the game.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I could go for a steak and a blooming onion right now.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***