Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Tommy John Surgery for Syndergaard

A place to discuss the MN Twins
beetlebum71

Tommy John Surgery for Syndergaard

Post by beetlebum71 »

I wish nothing but the best for Thor in his recovery, but I think this is a great illustration of why the people who were on board for a Buxton plus (significant other) pieces for Thor last year were being incredibly short-sighted. I know Byron hasn't exactly been Ironman out there or anything, but trading quality ML position players for quality ML pitching is a fool's bet. Pitchers are always one injury away from being shelved for essentially 18 months. Position players are so much safer. I get that sometimes you need to take a risk, but can you imagine how pissed people would be if the Twins had traded Buxton and Kirilloff for Syndergaard last summer right now?

Holy shit, it'd be bad.
Tuck ya in

Re: Tommy John Surgery for Syndergaard

Post by Tuck ya in »

Daaaaamn Gina!
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

I mocked the Mets for having 6 MLB starters after they signed Porcello and Wacha. Now they are down to 5. At the rate things are going, they might not need any of them anyway.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Hurts my fantasy team.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

beetlebum71 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:43 pm I wish nothing but the best for Thor in his recovery, but I think this is a great illustration of why the people who were on board for a Buxton plus (significant other) pieces for Thor last year were being incredibly short-sighted. I know Byron hasn't exactly been Ironman out there or anything, but trading quality ML position players for quality ML pitching is a fool's bet. Pitchers are always one injury away from being shelved for essentially 18 months. Position players are so much safer. I get that sometimes you need to take a risk, but can you imagine how pissed people would be if the Twins had traded Buxton and Kirilloff for Syndergaard last summer right now?

Holy shit, it'd be bad.
Agreed. Where is Rubetard now?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The Replacements wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:12 pm
beetlebum71 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:43 pm I wish nothing but the best for Thor in his recovery, but I think this is a great illustration of why the people who were on board for a Buxton plus (significant other) pieces for Thor last year were being incredibly short-sighted. I know Byron hasn't exactly been Ironman out there or anything, but trading quality ML position players for quality ML pitching is a fool's bet. Pitchers are always one injury away from being shelved for essentially 18 months. Position players are so much safer. I get that sometimes you need to take a risk, but can you imagine how pissed people would be if the Twins had traded Buxton and Kirilloff for Syndergaard last summer right now?

Holy shit, it'd be bad.
Lol. I love these

Nobody can predict injuries but you guys have been using them for a excuse for years. :thumbsup:

Be careful, the Twins big signing seems to be a bit of a injury risk himself.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Holy shit, it'd be bad.
:lol:

Twins "fans" are "awesome"
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

The Replacements wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:12 pm

Holy shit, it'd be bad.
Who cares. The guy is usually wrong about anything he posts anyways.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Lol. Two guys with the corona virus going on and they hate on a sports god.

Sick, really.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:26 am Lol. Two guys with the corona virus going on and they hate on a sports god.

Sick, really.
No rona here me boy
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Jack Hoff wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:08 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:26 am Lol. Two guys with the corona virus going on and they hate on a sports god.

Sick, really.
No rona here me boy

Ummm no. I'm not like you and replacements calling people "Tards" for disagreeing with my sports and political takes.

I didn't say you guys have it. I'm saying with it going on, there should be bigger fish to fry for you boys than the legendary, Sergeant Rubetube.

Carry on, GENTLEMEN.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:15 am
Jack Hoff wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:08 pm

Sick, really.
No rona here me boy

Ummm no. I'm not like you and replacements calling people "Tards" for disagreeing with my sports and political takes.

I didn't say you guys have it. I'm saying with it going on, there should be bigger fish to fry for you boys than the legendary, Sergeant Rubetube.

Carry on, GENTLEMEN.
Have never used tards on here ever and quite frankly not real happy getting accused of it because using the r word pisses me off
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sick, really.

You didn't say they have it?