Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2020 First Round Froob Mock Draft - 6th Round

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Ash Ketchum

Re: 2020 First Round Froob Mock Draft - Sign Up

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:55 am There is no way that the Giants pass up Haskins with the 6th pick. I can see them not trading up for a quarterback from 6, but when one falls into their draft slot they aren't going to give up that opportunity.

If the NFL draft actually went with this sequence, and the rest of the GMs were real NFL GMs, the Jaguars would be trading out of this choice with a team like Miami that would sprint to the phone to make the deal. IN a realistic draft with this start, the Jags probably have a good chance of adding significant draft assets and then drafting this player anyways.

With the 7th Pick in the Froob Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select: Juwaan Taylor OT Florida 6-5 312

I have been saying for some time that Taylor is the best offensive lineman in this draft. I think that although you could consider playing him as a LT in the NFL, the best play with him is to pencil him in as your RT were he could become an All-Pro level player and the differences between LT and RT are being diminished by modern defensive schemes.

Taylor is absolutely one of the best college run blocking tackles I have ever seen. He has defensive lineman burst out of his stance, incredible length that can reach out and absolutely smash his opponent, and nimbleness to get his feet and weight into the correct blocking angle. He is excellent at combination blocks and not only gets into the secondary and tertiary blocking levels he dominates them. Taylor's power and quickness often allow him to make blocks coming across the face of a defensive lineman that most tackles cannot make. He flashed ability to pull, which makes him a solid candidate for any type of blocking scheme.

IN pass protection he has a very smooth kick step with solid balance. His length allows him to get isolation control of the pass rusher. Offensive linemen are occasionally beat, but Taylor has solid ability to reset and contain.

If you watch this video from the UF v Ky game you can see many of these attributes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wh3obNS2_Y

Taylor needs to maintain his weight. He started as a 380 lbs offensive tackle when he entered Gainesville. Professional oLine coaches need to work a bit on his hand placement, which is solid but can become a bit sloppy at times. And, with a guy that has lost so much weight, he needs to add to his functional strength a bit and what should be scary to NFL defenses I think the strength upside exists.

A team that drafts Taylor has a starter+ right tackle from day one.
mlhouse wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:55 pm
mglviks wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:46 pm Not what I would done.

Cody fan, but thats a huge reach. Imo. Acceptable at 18. Not 11.

Dwayne Haskins still on the board and Dalton sux. Secure QB of the future is what they would/should do, if it fell this way.
Bush probably my option B.
In my opinion Dwayne Haskins isn't on the board....... that is just not reality.
mlhouse wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:19 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:11 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:10 pm

But he is on the board.
Right. Not sure what the point is in participating in a mock draft if you’re going to just decide to not consider available players because you believe people in front of you should have taken them already.

Because it makes the picking more realistic. The Bengals, no matter what your opinion of Dalton is, are not going to take a QB and if a QB is there they are going to trade down. I can't trade down and I think it is a totally unrealistic pick that would screw up the rest of the draft.

It is one thing for a team like Miami to take a Haskins later. Then that is the natural order of things. But if the Bengals take a QB they will not take, then Miami or a similar team, doesnt. In my opinion, there is less than a 5% chance that Haskins is still on the board at this point. There is less than that probability the Giants do not select a QB. There is a very high degree of liklihood that at least one team has traded up for one of the QBs before this selection.

Get my drift? Dig?

This is what I was talking about.

You felt "there's NO way the Giants pass on Haskins" (LOL) and so you decided to draft as if the guy in front of you took Haskins even though he didn't, totally ruining the entire mock for everyone else.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:33 pm

You felt "there's NO way the Giants pass on Haskins" (LOL) and so you decided to draft as if the guy in front of you took Haskins even though he didn't, totally ruining the entire mock for everyone else.
1. Again, you have the entire thing backwards. YOu pretend like I criticized someone else's rationale for making a pick. It was the opposite.

2. The Bengals picked an offensive tackle with pick 11 and could have picked Haskins.

3. "Totally ruining" the entire mock draft for everyone else? But Rube didn't "ruin it" when he picked Montez Sweat at #6 instead of a quarterback ?

4. I said that the Giants would take a quarterback. I thought Haskins and Jones owuld be selected in the top 10. Haskins was available when the Bengals selected at #11, and they chose an OT.

5. You believed the Bengals would take a QB, apparently.

So, I guess your position is that every other froob could make whatever selection they wanted. But when I did the same thing then it was wrong. I think you are just being a douche.

BTW, making fun of the offensive line picks I made, Taylor was NFL All Rookie first team. So was Chauncey Gardner-Johnson at CB.

Based on how the draft went, my preferred picks for the Vikings of Taylor- Eric McCoy were both first team NFL all-rookie.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:08 pm

1. Again, you have the entire thing backwards. YOu pretend like I criticized someone else's rationale for making a pick. It was the opposite.

2. The Bengals picked an offensive tackle with pick 11 and could have picked Haskins.

3. "Totally ruining" the entire mock draft for everyone else? But Rube didn't "ruin it" when he picked Montez Sweat at #6 instead of a quarterback ?

4. I said that the Giants would take a quarterback. I thought Haskins and Jones owuld be selected in the top 10. Haskins was available when the Bengals selected at #11, and they chose an OT.

So, I guess your position is that every other froob could make whatever selection they wanted. But when I did the same thing then it was wrong. I think you are just being a douche.

BTW, making fun of the offensive line picks I made, Taylor was NFL All Rookie first team. So was Chauncey Gardner-Johnson at CB.

Based on how the draft went, my preferred picks for the Vikings of Taylor- Eric McCoy were both first team NFL all-rookie.
You fully admitted to mock drafting with the idea that “there’s no way Haskins would fall past 6” and therefore decided to just pretend Haskins was already gone when you picked because you felt like it.

That’s what we’re talking about.

No one is making fun of your OL picks or your their picks from last year, so save your justifications.

I just thought your Haskins proclamation where you were so sure he couldn’t possibly slide past 6 was hilarious.

I fully admit I get a ton of things wrong when I mock draft or post about the draft, while you on the other hand get all bent out of shape and stumble over yourself making excuses.

So yeah, it doesn’t hurt my feelings when I get things wrong. It happens a lot.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:47 pm

You fully admitted to mock drafting with the idea that “there’s no way Haskins would fall past 6” and therefore decided to just pretend Haskins was already gone when you picked because you felt like it.

No one is making fun of your OL picks or your their picks from last year, so save your justifications.

I just thought your Haskins proclamation where you were so sure he couldn’t possibly slide past 6 was hilarious.

I fully admit I get a ton of things wrong when I mock draft or post about the draft, while you on the other hand get all bent out of shape and stumble over yourself making excuses.

What a douche you are.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I simply didn't take a QB because I didn't think any of them were worth the top 10 pick. Looking at it now, would you be heart broken your team passed on Haskins or Jones?

Would Bengals still suck balls with Haskins last year and still be picking #1? Yes. Would they have to take another QB? Yes.

If I was a Giants fan, would I rather have one of these QBs with the #4 pick than the crap last year? Yes.

If I'm a GM with a top pick and need a QB, I'm not wasting that pick just to get some hack. It happens far too often in this league and very few pan out.

I was hoping to get Jones in rd #2 last year as that is what I thought he was worth.

Imagine being Washington at #2 this year and the Giants at #4 and passing on someone like Tua because you took a scrub like Haskins last year.

You ain't getting near value back for Haskins in a trade either.
Last edited by RubeTube on Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:59 pm I simply didn't take a QB because I didn't think any of them were worth the top 10 pick. Looking at it now, would you be heart broken your team passed on Haskins or Jones?

Would Bengals still suck balls with Haskins last year and still be picking #1? Yes. Would they have to take another QB? Yes.

If I was a Giants fan, would I rather have one of these QBs with the #4 pick than the crap last year? Yes.

If I'm a GM with a top pick and need a QB, I'm not wasting that pick just to get some hack. It happens far too often in this league and very few pan out.
Again, that was all great and good for you. I made a realistic pick for the Bengals in a 2019 Rube Mock Draft and douches are getting all uptight about it.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:01 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:59 pm I simply didn't take a QB because I didn't think any of them were worth the top 10 pick. Looking at it now, would you be heart broken your team passed on Haskins or Jones?

Again, that was all great and good for you. I made a realistic pick for the Bengals in a 2019 Rube Mock Draft and douches are getting all uptight about it.
Like i edplained to you last year... It's what YOU would do. Otherwise, what's the difference than doing this or posting a mock draft? You can do what you would think the team would do or what you think they should do. No wrong way to do it. It's double bonus when the pick falls and it's what you and the team would do.

I'm so glad my favorite team isn't the Giants or Redskins and they drafted two scrubs because they needed a QB and both will likely pass on way better options this year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I'm not getting worked up. Just explaining. I hope you are involved in it this year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:06 pm

Like i edplained to you last year... It's what YOU would do. Otherwise, what's the difference than doing this or posting a mock draft? You can do what you would think the team would do or what you think they should do. No wrong way to do it. It's double bonus when the pick falls and it's what you and the team would do.

I'm so glad my favorite team isn't the Giants or Redskins and they drafted two scrubs because they needed a QB and both will likely pass on way better options this year.
And Cincinnati will have the top overall pick and the opportunity to draft a quarterback I think is worthy of being the top selection.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:52 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:47 pm

What a douche you are.
:lol:
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sure. Cincy
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Looking for a few more.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

U know Im in! Can take more than 1 team if or as needed.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mglviks wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:36 am U know Im in! Can take more than 1 team if or as needed.
Choose whichever teams you want.

I’ll add your name when you do that.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

If we're going into multiple rounds, can I get HOU?
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:02 pm If we're going into multiple rounds, can I get HOU?
You got it.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Give me San Fran and Minnesota
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:08 am
mglviks wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:36 am U know Im in! Can take more than 1 team if or as needed.
Choose whichever teams you want.

I’ll add your name when you do that.
Minnesota!?

Jets, Atlanta, TB... Whatever is needed. Thx
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

You guys got it!

A few more teams left!
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Last call, those who want more teams, let me know.

Let’s get this thing started soon.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:29 pm Last call, those who want more teams, let me know.

Let’s get this thing started soon.
I'll take Baltimore.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Can we just start now and fill in the rest as we go?
We've got the first six slotted already,
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:57 pm Can we just start now and fill in the rest as we go?
Yep, let's start.

Small Hands, Cincinnati is on the clock.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:23 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:57 pm Can we just start now and fill in the rest as we go?
Yep, let's start.

Small Hands, Cincinnati is on the clock.
Thanks.
Working from home sucks and it's only half way through Day 3.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Small Hands

Re: 2020 First Round Froob Mock Draft - SMALL HANDS ON THE CLOCK

Post by Small Hands »

I’m going to shake things up right away.

The Bungles select: Tua Tagovailoa

I think he will be the best QB in this draft. Not worried about the hip.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:19 am Sure. Cincy
You’re up.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:18 pm Give me whoever
Sidney, you’re up. Happy belated 100th.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:22 pm
You’re up.
Picked
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:24 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:22 pm
You’re up.
Picked
Love the pick. Spicy hot take!!

I too believe Tua will turn out to be the best QB in this class.
Sid Hartman

Re: 2020 First Round Froob Mock Draft - SID HARTMAN ON THE CLOCK

Post by Sid Hartman »

The Washington Redskins see Haskins is a stiff and as hard as it is to pass on Chase Young, they select Joe Burrow, QB - LSU. Riviera didn’t take Haskins and gets to pick his guy to tie himself too.
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?