Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

we're playing some team in 10 minutes game thread

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
winforlose

Re: we're playing some team in 10 minutes game thread

Post by winforlose »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:09 pm culver has missed 56 of 103 FT attempts this season. how is that even possible? i could make more than that with my eyes closed and i know that for a fact.
I guess that transition between the college free throw and NBA free throw was just to much for him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is sarcasm incase So Money is waiting to troll.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

That Hernangomez shot was just awful
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

YBBR wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:13 pm That Hernangomez shot was just awful
He is just awful.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

That'll do it.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Gritty
Undermanned
Size disadvantage.

Every fucking game we have to hear the shills constantly bring this up as if it is not self induced. Joke.

Shitty
Undercoached
Little man Syndrome.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

At least we don’t have to play tomorrow. Oh wait. Why not send down Reid, Nowell, and Culver and play the next one with 7. Hell send down the two ways as well and play with 5. You cannot foul out.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Poor mans Dario (who was poor himself)
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

YBBR wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:31 pm I like a lot of these G league guys. Most of them are pretty solid and play hard.
Yes and watching the Saints is much more fun than watching the Twins. It’s garbage.

Denver will likely have 70 points in the paint by the end of this.

Is it still legal to play big in the NBA?

Milsap and Joker...... :roll:

Rosas get some fucking size on this team...and then fucking play them in the correct positions. This has just been a complete jerk off of a season.....so stupid.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:22 pm
I disagree. He is not a starting PF, he is a backup PF or maybe even SF. He needs to work on his at the rim shooting, and needs to improve his rebounding. Honestly if he was playing 18 minutes and shooting well from 3, you wouldn’t object nearly as much to his game. Foul trouble is also a result of playing out of position against bigger, stronger players.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the puppies cover the spread. if you had the over you're golden too.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Was this game the worst Wolves starting line-up + worst HC combination in history? It isn't even April for F sake!!!!!!

How many other NBA teams would start any one of these guys? Maybe Beasley gets a start for a handful of teams??????
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:22 pm
This has just been a complete jerk off of a season.....so stupid.
This seems to be the worst Wolves time span since Kahn sold all of those picks to fund the Rambis buy out.

Dark times indeed...
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Do all the FSN announcers actually work for the team or something? I am so sick of them constantly repeating the same shit over and over. They competed. Really? Gold fucking star!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

qrocks wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:40 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:22 pm
This has just been a complete jerk off of a season.....so stupid.
This seems to be the worst Wolves time span since Kahn sold all of those picks to fund the Rambis buy out.

Dark times indeed...
I'd trade the idiot's boy for Rambis any day. I'll throw in three 6'4" power forwards as well.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:41 pm Do all the FSN announcers actually work for the team or something? I am so sick of them constantly repeating the same shit over and over. They competed. Really? Gold fucking star!
covering the spread is a win in vegas.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:41 pm Do all the FSN announcers actually work for the team or something? I am so sick of them constantly repeating the same shit over and over. They competed. Really? Gold fucking star!
I actually tried to get to the bottom of this, but never could find a definitive answer. I think the teams may pay them, in some sports anyways.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:44 pm
covering the spread is a win in vegas.
I'm going to start betting on them to compete! Maybe a few bucks down on them being gritty!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

winforlose wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:31 pm
I disagree. He is not a starting PF, he is a backup PF or maybe even SF. He needs to work on his at the rim shooting, and needs to improve his rebounding. Honestly if he was playing 18 minutes and shooting well from 3, you wouldn’t object nearly as much to his game. Foul trouble is also a result of playing out of position against bigger, stronger players.
he's looked okay at times, he's looked bad at times. usually competes hard. but he's (surprise!) being played out of position. he's a SF. tonight he was matched up against one of the savviest vets in the league - paul millsap - who also is a former teammate so knows everything there is to know about JH. no surprises there - just beat up the kid. because he outweighs JH by 43 pounds. it's not a fair matchup by any stretch. pair JH against will barton at the 3 spot and my guess is that it wouldn't nearly be as ugly. perhaps even a draw. i wonder how omari spellman would have faired tonight as our starting 4 matched against millsap. they are nearly identically sized - 6-8 255ish with 7-2 wingspans.

If juancho winds up getting bench minutes next year as a backup SF, most here will be fine with it because he'll do alright in that role.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

First fucking Marnie question is a complete hand job about hustle and grit. 2nd is how tough was it to deal with their obviously unfair size advantage. Those cheating jerks. The idiot's boy acts like there is nothing he can do. What a joke he is.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Yeah I don't see him surviving offseason with us

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:09 pm culver has missed 56 of 103 FT attempts this season. how is that even possible? i could make more than that with my eyes closed and i know that for a fact.
You need to account for the psychological side of it though. In high school I’d hit ‘em at about an 85-90% clip in practice, but when it came to games I was a fucking disaster.

The rest of my game was fine because I was locked in when the game was in action, but that lull when it’s just you at the line and you know all eyes are on you? That’s a fucking killer for some.

Obviously I can’t say this is Culver’s issue, but his mechanics don’t look bad and he seems to have decent touch. Hopefully he works it out.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I keep reading the box scores since I've given up, and if you didn't see the other teams score, you'd think, hey, that's a really nice game. Nice totals, decent averages. I'm fairly confident in saying even if we had Payton, Jordan, pippen, kg and Hakeem, we'd still lose.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 pm I keep reading the box scores since I've given up, and if you didn't see the other teams score, you'd think, hey, that's a really nice game. Nice totals, decent averages. I'm fairly confident in saying even if we had Payton, Jordan, pippen, kg and Hakeem, we'd still lose.
We are a layup line on D. Think our starting 4 and 5 combined for 8 rebounds.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:21 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 pm I keep reading the box scores since I've given up, and if you didn't see the other teams score, you'd think, hey, that's a really nice game. Nice totals, decent averages. I'm fairly confident in saying even if we had Payton, Jordan, pippen, kg and Hakeem, we'd still lose.
To be fair, our starting four and five spent the whole game in foul trouble. They did it to themselves, but it was a joke how neither JH nor Reid could get or keep their head out of their ass for more then 3 minutes at a time. We needed Vanderbilt and Spellman. Vanderbilt pulled down 11 boards (14 last game) while having a bad offensive night. Meanwhile Spellman scored 32 and had a beast of a game. At least Iowa gets some size :clap:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

winforlose wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:24 pm
To be fair, our starting four and five spent the whole game in foul trouble. They did it to themselves, but it was a joke how neither JH nor Reid could get or keep their head out of their ass for more then 3 minutes at a time. We needed Vanderbilt and Spellman. Vanderbilt pulled down 11 boards (14 last game) while having a bad offensive night. Meanwhile Spellman scored 32 and had a beast of a game. At least Iowa gets some size :clap:
God we are an embarrassing joke.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:41 pm
winforlose wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:24 pm
God we are an embarrassing joke.
The first half was fun if you put aside silly notions of winning. Ryan Saunders is literally the worst coach in the league. He has nothing, not rotations, player development, offensive schemes, defensive schemes, literally nothing to point to and say he does this well. The players clearly don’t respect him, the fans hate him. Glen Taylor has some old fashion notion that because Ryan is Flip’s kid, Ryan deserves a chance. Ryan has lost 8 straight to Denver. He had has chance. As for small ball, even if you want to run it, at least have bigs on the bench in case of injury or foul trouble. It’s like going to the grocery store and deciding you don’t need to buy toilet paper for the week. Best case scenario you were right and you don’t miss it. Worst case scenario your in deep shit.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:41 pm God we are an embarrassing joke.
Keep watching!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:29 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:41 pm God we are an embarrassing joke.
Keep watching!
You think it gets more embarrassing? Can't see how it's possible but wouldn't put anything passed this team. Maybe we find a way to play a 6 2 guard lineup.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:26 am
thinktank wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:29 am
Thrillkill wrote: God we are an embarrassing joke.
Keep watching!
You think it gets more embarrassing? Can't see how it's possible but wouldn't put anything passed this team. Maybe we find a way to play a 6 2 guard lineup.
Yes or no?

Do you think we're trying to win now?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Yes, they are trying to win but we're undermanned so it's working itself out.