Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Dennis Rodman though...

NBA Chat
bubu dubu.

Dennis Rodman though...

Post by bubu dubu. »

After GSW won the title, I started on a path of comparing them to the Bull's dynasty...which got me to watching Bull's highlights, which got me to watching MJ, Pippen and Rodman highlights. Although there will likely never be a player like MJ, there are similar ones...like Kobe and Vince, they just arent as great. Pippen has numerous clones, to me, he is, and has become the prototype of a SF, even in today's game...I don't think there's ever been a guy like Rodman though, or ever will be. His highlights are surreal, just in the uniqueness of what he was as a player.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

long video, but the best highlight video I've seen of him. Give it three minutes, and you should be hooked on it.
Beef Supreme

Re: Dennis Rodman though...

Post by Beef Supreme »

And he banged Carmen Electra and brought peace to the Korean Peninsula!
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

Terrel Owens of basketball. Crazy half the time, a player all the time. Good video

If Lance Stephenson was more physical and a little larger maybe he would be more like Rodman. Will mess with anyone.

Would be great if a lot of players mimicked his style of play.
Tom Selleck is a twat
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I just love watching his highlights. Just so much determination and grit. Ultimate role player...and he made being a gritty guy, sexy, with his hair and antics.

He doesnt show up in box scores (other than rebounds), career 7 ppg guy, won't swat shots, wont get steals... but shit, he'll mop every board, get to any loose ball he physically can, and play defense against Shaq or Jordan, and play with their head too.

So unique.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

personally, I wish he would have been drafted by the Kings another dysfunctional team and he would have had a 2 year NBA career. Joining the Pistons as they embraced the bad boys image, which i will admit he helped maintain and expand, was both a brilliant move by Detroit and tremendously fortunate for the ass hat. I disliked him immensely then and still do now.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Stork311 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:37 pm personally, I wish he would have been drafted by the Kings another dysfunctional team and he would have had a 2 year NBA career. Joining the Pistons as they embraced the bad boys image, which i will admit he helped maintain and expand, was both a brilliant move by Detroit and tremendously fortunate for the ass hat. I disliked him immensely then and still do now.
Out of the league in two years? Not a chance, no matter where he went. He had too much drive, will and intensity to not be the champion and Hall of famer that he is.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 am
Stork311 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:37 pm personally, I wish he would have been drafted by the Kings another dysfunctional team and he would have had a 2 year NBA career. Joining the Pistons as they embraced the bad boys image, which i will admit he helped maintain and expand, was both a brilliant move by Detroit and tremendously fortunate for the ass hat. I disliked him immensely then and still do now.
Out of the league in two years? Not a chance, no matter where he went. He had too much drive, will and intensity to not be the champion and Hall of famer that he is.
on a team without players that complimented his limited style of play, i don't think it is unreasonable to think he wouldn't have cracked a rotation. His success was largely a product of the right system. Regardless, he did what others wouldn't and it resulted in a long career....good for him....I just found him distasteful.