Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jazz sign Nate Wolters to a Two-Way Contract

NBA Chat
memyworld

Jazz sign Nate Wolters to a Two-Way Contract

Post by memyworld »

Wolters had an epic thread in the college hoops forum on the old Rube Chat (and a lot of Bison trolls), so I thought I should rep my alma mater on this board. He had a solid rookie season (with Giannis) for a bad Milwaukee team before breaking his hand. Kidd cut him during his first year as coach in favor of adding veteran backups.

He wasn't going to be a star, but I thought he had a future as a serviceable backup. He was fifth in the league in AST/TO ratio before getting hurt. He's not fast, but he uses a hesitation dribble with the best of 'em. It took him a bit to lock into the NBA three-point line, but he shot 46 percent in 17 games after the All-Star break his rookie year.

---

Jazz Sign Nate Wolters to a Two-Way Contract

6-4 guard becomes Utah’s second two-way player

By Matt Sanchez | Posted: Sep 13, 2017

The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has signed guard Nate Wolters to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Wolters (6-4, 190, South Dakota State) played for Crvena Zvezda in Serbia during the 2016-17 season, where he helped lead his team to the Serbian National Championship. He appeared in 65 games, averaging 8.1 points, 2.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 17.1 minutes.

Originally selected in the second round (38th overall) of the 2013 NBA Draft by Washington, Wolters was then traded to Philadelphia and soon after acquired by Milwaukee. The guard has appeared in 79 career NBA games (31 starts) over two seasons with the Bucks and New Orleans. He owns career averages of 5.8 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 19.7 minutes. Wolters also played 12 games (eight starts) with the (now) NBA G League’s Grand Rapids Drive in 2014-15, where he averaged 15.3 points, 5.3 rebounds and 7.2 assists in 31.5 minutes. He has additional international experience playing in Turkey with Besiktas where he averaged 11.6 points, 4.6 rebounds and 5.4 assists in 21 league games (18 starts).

A native of St. Cloud, Minn., Wolters played four collegiate seasons at South Dakota State (2009-2013) appearing in 128 games (110 starts) and averaging 18.5 points, 4.7 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.5 steals in 33 minutes of action. He left SDSU as one of four NCAA Division I men’s basketball players in history to complete his career with at least 2,000 points, 600 rebounds and 600 assists, and the third player to average 20 points, five assists and five rebounds in two individual seasons since the NCAA started keeping assists as an official stat in 1983-84. Wolters scored in double figures 72 games in a row, and in all but 13 of his 128 games at SDSU. He holds SDSU records for career scoring (2,363), assists (669) and free throws made (648).

The 2017-18 season will mark the first year NBA teams can utilize two-way contracts. Teams will be permitted to carry two such players on their roster in addition to their 15-man regular season roster. Utah’s two-way players will spend time with the team’s exclusively owned and operated NBA G League team, the Salt Lake City Stars, as well as the Jazz, but no more than 45 days in the NBA, not including any time prior to the start of the Stars’ training camp and at the conclusion of the season.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

memyworld

Re: Jazz sign Nate Wolters to a Two-Way Contract

Post by memyworld »

With one shot made last night in game two of the preseason, Nate Wolters has officially hit more shots than Ricky Rubio this preseason.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Wolters starts the season on the active roster with Dante Exum opting for surgery.

@DJJazzyJody: The Utah Jazz's opening-night roster, per NBA PR. Looks like two-way guy Nate Wolters will start on the active list.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

nice to see. good for him.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Somuchyummy is jerkin it right now
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

you know, i had just come to the Around the Association thread because i hadn't checked it for awhile - wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts about my guy, connie hawkins. (no one did.) so i didn't see this till now. and Pacman, my take on nate wolters shouldn't concern anyone. i haven't opined one way or another on the guy for awhile. if he makes it with the Jazz, good for him. if he doesn't, that's how it goes.

but you, man. once again, no opinion about the nba - just another barb tossed at a rube. it appears to be all you do and that's kind of weird. maybe you should have that looked at.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I give my opinion all the time :lol:

Don't take the board so serious hun
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

He's just doing his thing, filling up the stat sheet (16 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds) and waiting for the call.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Had the Bucks not hired Jason Kidd, Wolters wouldn't have been cut in favor of Jarryd Bayless and he's probably be an All-Star by now. Shout out to his teammate Aaron White from the University of Iowa.