Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Zion's knees

NBA Chat
LordNu

Zion's knees

Post by LordNu »

Anyone else feeling like this could be another Oden or perhaps Roy situation?
Seenin

Re: Zion's knees

Post by Seenin »

I do. Watching his college game I was concerned at how hard he cuts. Then he blew up the PG shoes which kinda validated my feeling. He better get a all around game going or it could be a greg oden scenario.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Such a bummer:

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

but do you know who's been blowing up in his absence? brandon ingram. 3 games in he's averaging 27.2/9.5/4.8 and a steal and block per game on 50%/50%/80%.

as per zion, i've always thought he's a phenom whose body isn't built to last playing pro basketball. too many games, too much pounding, too much travel, not enough down time.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

If Zion wants to play long term in the NBA, he's going to probably need to drop 25 to 30 pounds off that frame. That's a lot of weight on some creaky-looking knees.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

wrong thread, i know. but jeez, the nba. not that he didn't get fouled that many times, but what causes refs - on one night - to award anthony davis 29 trips to the line? AD could have missed every FG he attempted and still would have scored 27. and tomorrow night he'll probably get 7 FTs. the inconsistency is rampant.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

ingram continues to shine in zion's absence. 9 games in and he's 11th in the league in scoring at 26 ppg along with 7 boards and 4 assists per game. 54%/47%/72%. it's going to be interesting to see how they accomodate his significant emergence once zion returns to the floor.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm ingram continues to shine in zion's absence. 9 games in and he's 11th in the league in scoring at 26 ppg along with 7 boards and 4 assists per game. 54%/47%/72%. it's going to be interesting to see how they accomodate his significant emergence once zion returns to the floor.
And the Pelicans didnt pick up his option. How stupid is that? You are rebuilding and you don't pick up the option to one of the key pieces of a rebuild? I get that this start to the season would be hard for them to predict, but he was playing pretty well at the end of the season last year for the Lakers, so it should have been a no-brainer to pick the option up. He will still be an RFA once they give him the qualifying offer, but it didn't have to be this way for them for at least one more year. Theyre probably gonna have to offer him close to the max now, which they will easily have the cap ability to do so, but there was no reason for them to have to do it a year too early.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

TC_Robbie_81 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:48 am I wonder if the size of so many pro sports players play a role in how common joint injuries are

Men of smaller figures live longer and have fewer ailments than large men

Maybe knees of really tall guys are just more susceptible to injury

The basketball court floor I'm sure is also a cause
There's a reason most of these 6-10 and above guys are built like rails. Folks like Shaq, being that big and able to move athletically for a long career are the exception. The body can't usually take it.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

TC_Robbie_81 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:48 am I wonder if the size of so many pro sports players play a role in how common joint injuries are
No need to wonder. The answer is yes