Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

76ers

NBA Chat
flexbuffchest

Re: 76ers

Post by flexbuffchest »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:46 pm The way ESPN has been hyping them up, and talking about them the past week, I fully expected them to be 2-1 or 3-1 at this point.

Just looked at the standings, and they are 1-3. Most overhyped team ever? What am I missing here?

This is as bad as the 1-2 Lakers, but you expect it for that team year in and year out to get the hype.
They lost to 3 teams that should finish in the top 4 of the Eastern Conference
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Post by Donovan McNabb »

They'll be okay until Embiid gets hurt 20 games into the season.
dapperathy

Post by dapperathy »

Got to watch their game yesterday, Ben Simmons had a triple double. Even without a jump shot (not counting full court shots, he's only attempted ONE beyond 15 feet), Simmons is legit. Really impressive handles.

Also, Embiid went for 30 without much effort. Multiple times I saw him literally walking up the floor on a fast break, still Drummond couldn't guard him. Kinda shocking how awful of a defender Drummond has become.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:46 pm The way ESPN has been hyping them up, and talking about them the past week, I fully expected them to be 2-1 or 3-1 at this point.

Just looked at the standings, and they are 1-3. Most overhyped team ever? What am I missing here?

This is as bad as the 1-2 Lakers, but you expect it for that team year in and year out to get the hype.
Fultz going full Chuck Knoblach?

Embiid playing 18 minutes every other game?

Utter lack of D?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Embiid and Simmons are absolute blue chip prospects. 6er fans better hope Embiid can stay healthy.

He was drafted 4 drafts ago, and hasnt even played 40 total games in his career.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Embiid limited in practice this week. Sitting tonight for "rest." How long before they shut him down for the season again?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Probably soon.

I picked up Holmes in a stroke of genius.
Beef Supreme

Re: Embiid best two way player in NBA? Looks like it..

Post by Beef Supreme »

He plays two ways. Sometimes on the basketball court and sometimes on the trainer's table.

He's great at both. I wish he'd commit to one or the other.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

He's pretty terrible on offense right now given how much he turns the ball over.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 pm Embiid limited in practice this week. Sitting tonight for "rest." How long before they shut him down for the season again?
Better make sure he doesn't go to a Meek Mill concert
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I enjoyed his three missed dunks in one game on Shaqtin A Fool.

:lol:
Donovan McNabb

Re: Ben Simmons even better than advertised!!!

Post by Donovan McNabb »

I can't wait to see him get smashed by the Warriors tonight! Don't forget DH - you predicted the Sixers win
Donovan McNabb

Post by Donovan McNabb »

thinktank wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:58 pm I enjoyed his three missed dunks in one game on Shaqtin A Fool.

lol yes
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KAT will be playing in his 18th season in the league when embiid will be celebrating his 10th year of retirement.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Re: Ben Simmons even better than advertised!!!

Post by somuchyummy »

in the last three years, ben simmons has been involved in 25 wins.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Joel Embiid hit just 4-of-11 shots for 12 points, seven rebounds, two assists, a steal and a block in 25 minutes of Saturday's loss to the Warriors.
The good news is he played. The bad news is that his knee is sore and he didn't exactly kill it last night. He's probably going to be day-to-day for a while and now
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2288/joel-embiid/1

its now considered good news just when he plays. Greg Oden part 2?
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Rubes shouldn't let a guy (DH) make them hate on a dude because he posts stuff he doesn't believe to rile people up :lol:

Embiid is awesome for basketball and one of the best Twitter follows. He talks so much shit and it's hilarious. It would really suck if injuries plague him his whole career even tho it's likely
thinktank

Re: Wolves Net Rating 22nd - 1 slot behind Philadelphia

Post by thinktank »

Sixers only .500 in the East?

Is that right?

zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

I like this Sixers team, Ben Simmons is legit and Embiid is very good when healthy. :coolio:
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Chuck44 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:30 pm 538

Sixers will be dominant soon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirty ... ixers/amp/

Games that will be missed by Embiid over his career.

Also the number of different names you've had. Get new material.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Re: Wow - Butler looks liked he's 38 this year

Post by Decker23 »

I like Perkins
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Donovan McNabb

Re: Wow - Butler looks liked he's 38 this year

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Butler with his 2nd great game in a row. GOod job jimmy b
Donovan McNabb

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Another good win for the Wolves.
Donovan McNabb

Post by Donovan McNabb »

The Sixers are just a poorly run organization though. Even if Embiid and Simmons turn out to be elite, the Sixers will have already traded one of them for a draft pick.
dapperathy

Post by dapperathy »

Last night Embiid goes for 46/16/7/7 and Simmons misses a triple double by a board in his touted matchup with fellow rookie Lonzo (who scored 2 points). Sixers are super fun to watch right now.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

As much as I love what the Wolves have been doing lately, I'm genuinely a bit concerned about how good the Sixers core is, obviously injuries are the big concern with Embiid but he's likely a much better player than anyone on the Wolves right now, Butler has the talent to maybe be right there with him but he's started a bit slow and of course Butler is in his prime, Embiid is a lot younger and still a bit raw in terms of how long he's been playing basketball. As great as Embiid is, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ben Simmons ends up better than him. He's having a better rookie season than Towns did, he's averaging a near triple double. Simmons has special passing ability for his size, I'd say his passing is further along than LeBron James at the same age or at least on par. He's also a much better defender than he was advertised to be. He has great instincts and anticipation on both sides of the ball. To top all of that off, they have one of the best 3&D guys in the league in Robert Covington who is also locked into a steal of a deal. This doesn't even get into Markelle Fultz, jury is still out on him.

What's funny is that they didn't even draft that well. Embiid was the obvious choice at 3, though he was a risk. Ben Simmons was an even more obvious choice at #1 as he was the only player of his caliber in that draft. Nerlens Noel didn't pan out, Jahlil Okafor was a draft blunder in hindsight, Markelle Fultz is having a weird start. This is the process and it seems to have paid huge dividends while many people on Rube Chat questioned the value of it. So much of this hangs on their health but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the talent of their core more than ours.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Glad they are in the East. Scary good talent.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

zeitgeist wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:15 am As much as I love what the Wolves have been doing lately, I'm genuinely a bit concerned about how good the Sixers core is, obviously injuries are the big concern with Embiid but he's likely a much better player than anyone on the Wolves right now, Butler has the talent to maybe be right there with him but he's started a bit slow and of course Butler is in his prime, Embiid is a lot younger and still a bit raw in terms of how long he's been playing basketball. As great as Embiid is, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ben Simmons ends up better than him. He's having a better rookie season than Towns did, he's averaging a near triple double. Simmons has special passing ability for his size, I'd say his passing is further along than LeBron James at the same age or at least on par. He's also a much better defender than he was advertised to be. He has great instincts and anticipation on both sides of the ball. To top all of that off, they have one of the best 3&D guys in the league in Robert Covington who is also locked into a steal of a deal. This doesn't even get into Markelle Fultz, jury is still out on him.

What's funny is that they didn't even draft that well. Embiid was the obvious choice at 3, though he was a risk. Ben Simmons was an even more obvious choice at #1 as he was the only player of his caliber in that draft. Nerlens Noel didn't pan out, Jahlil Okafor was a draft blunder in hindsight, Markelle Fultz is having a weird start. This is the process and it seems to have paid huge dividends while many people on Rube Chat questioned the value of it. So much of this hangs on their health but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the talent of their core more than ours.
Hanging on the health thing is the clincher for me. If Embiid's healthy id tend to agree with you but then again if Embiid's healthy he might be a Cav instead

Give me KAT, AW, and Butler over Fultz, Simmons, and an Embiid that can't play 35+ mins and over 65 games a year

Simmons is legit though. Nothing is surprising me about his offensive transition at all. His defense is really nice tho. It was hard to tell if he could play defense in the pro's. I now can see why he kinda didn't give a shit in college.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Is this site accurate?

http://isjoelembiidplayingtonight.com/

I want him for daily fantasy tonight, but he's too damn unreliable. Listed as questionable for tonight, for rest, even though he sat Monday out or rest.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

It's funny to revisit this now. Mainly cuz it's insane whatever the fuck is going on with Fultz

Not even for a sports story. Just as a story in general. Whatever the fucks going in with him/his jump shot is bizarrely fascinating