Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Which current players will be HoF?

NBA Chat
bubu dubu.

Which current players will be HoF?

Post by bubu dubu. »

Some obvious ones...

LeBron
Wade
Paul
Harden
Curry
Durant
Russell
AD
Melo
Vince Carter
Is Leonard a shoe-in?

then it gets muddled with plenty of stars, young hopefuls, and major playoff conributors...

Klay
Draymond
KAT
Giannis
Aldridge
Kyrie
Gobert
Embiid
Simmons]
Love?

Then, some stars who for whatever reason will need that ring to get in...
Wall
Lillard
Lowry
Derozan
George
Butler

Anyone else to add to the list? Maybe some young risers like Tatum or Brown? Gordon Hayward if he returns healthy and Boston becomes the East dynasty?

Who on this list will not make it? The Hof is a pretty selective group, not everyone listed here will make it.
Last edited by bubu dubu. on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gopack

Re: Which current players will be HoF?

Post by gopack »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:35 pm Some obvious ones...

LeBron
Wade
Paul
Harden
Curry
Durant
Russell
AD
Melo
Is Leonard a shoe-in?

then it gets muddled with plenty of stars, young hopefuls, and major playoff conributors...

Klay
Draymond
KAT
Giannis
Aldridge
Kyrie
Gobert
Embiid
Simmons]
Love?

Wall
Lillard
Lowry
Derozan
George
Butler

Anyone else to add to the list? Maybe some young risers like Tatum or Brown? Gordon Hayward if he returns healthy and Boston becomes the East dynasty?

Who on this list will not make it? The Hof is a pretty selective group, not everyone listed here will make it.
I accidentally came here but I'm going to chime in about Melo. What has he ever done besides play for losing teams, show no interest in defense, and never elevate the game of anyone on any of the teams he has played on. If there was an overrated HOF he would be the 1st one in.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

gopack wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:44 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:35 pm Some obvious ones...

LeBron
Wade
Paul
Harden
Curry
Durant
Russell
AD
Melo
Is Leonard a shoe-in?

Klay
Draymond
KAT
Giannis
Aldridge
Kyrie
Gobert
Embiid
Simmons]
Love?

Wall
Lillard
Lowry
Derozan
George
Butler

I accidentally came here but I'm going to chime in about Melo. What has he ever done besides play for losing teams, show no interest in defense, and never elevate the game of anyone on any of the teams he has played on. If there was an overrated HOF he would be the 1st one in.
I get that Melo can get overrated in the NBA crowds, but he's a sure fire HoF. His career accomplishments blow many other players in the HoF away...
10x all star
6x all NBA
3x Gold Medalist

As far as never winning anything, there's three gold medals to point at, in which he was one of the leaders in the resurgence of USA basketball dominance after taking third place in the 2004 Olympics.
For NBA success, he made the playoffs 10 years straight. Including leading the Knicks to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years. He only made it out of the first round twice, but whatever. It kind of reminds me of KG before he left Minnesota...was KG/Melo really at fault for not making it out of the first round, or was it more due to the incompetence of the organizations they belonged to? Melo will likely get out of the first round this year too.

People see Melo as a HoF candidate (he's not just a candidate, he's a shoe-in), and immediately think overrated...which he was. He never reached his full potential, he didnt have much playoff success, at times he seemed more concerned about his numbers than team success. You can't ignore his accomplishments though.

Another thing of note, is that he will likely slide into the top 15 on the all time scoring list by the end of the season. Everyone in the top 25 (pending Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Melo and Vince Carter) on that list are in the HoF...which just reminded me, I left VC off the shoe-in list.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Couple more accomplishments for Melo...

Single game point leader for the Olympics
All time Olympics point leader
NCAA Champion
Final 4 most outstanding player
NBA record, 26 consecutive points scored (against the Wolves)
Style

Post by Style »

Al Horford is making a case. I’d add him to the list of possibilities.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Was listening to someone make the case for Iguodala. I don't think there's a chance, and I don't even think the guy making the case for him believed himself, but I'll put down his credentials, just for shits.

3x championship (maybe more)
2x all defense
1x finals mvp
1x all star
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Nobody's said Dirk yet?
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Dirk
Parker
Pau (& Marc?)
Dwight Howard
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:51 pm Dirk
Parker
Pau (& Marc?)
Dwight Howard
GinobilI! One point he was the second best player in the league. He don’t have the stats but he should be easily a HOF.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

H8ter wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:51 pm Dirk
Parker
Pau (& Marc?)
Dwight Howard
GinobilI! One point he was the second best player in the league. He don’t have the stats but he should be easily a HOF.
He will be in the HoF for numerous reasons, which extend to his international play.

However, he is irrelevant to this thread, as he is not a current player.