Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Now that LBJ is gone, and Love signed an extension

NBA Chat
Ash Ketchum

Re: Now that LBJ is gone, and Love signed an extension

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Probably. It makes sense. With LBJ gone, the Cavs will likely run some actual offensive sets through Love. With LeBron there, he was essentially just a floor spacer who took the big guy guarding him away from the paint so LeBron could operate.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:24 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:08 pm Probably. It makes sense. With LBJ gone, the Cavs will likely run some actual offensive sets through Love. With LeBron there, he was essentially just a floor spacer who took the big guy guarding him away from the paint so LeBron could operate.
It feels like it could be a different year for fantasy leagues next season. A lot of moving pieces. Guys like Love will probably benefit form it statistically. I wonder how guys like Kuzma are going to do? Teams have tape on him now, and with LBJ there, I foresee him falling into the same sort of role Love was in the last few seasons. I'm not really seeing the leap forward for him that I think some people are expecting.
I had this feeling too.

It's all well and good that Kuzma had this great rookie year, but with LBJ in town, is Kuzma really going to "develop" in terms of taking his game to another level? I doubt it. He might improve on the practice court and develop as a player that way a bit, but in terms of usage on the floor during games, is there going to a huge, noticeable difference between him and say, Channing Frye?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Sure. If you want to draft a guy who is likely to be injured more times than not, I say go for it!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master