Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kawhi to the Raptors?

NBA Chat
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Re: Kawhi to the Raptors?

Post by brison »

t_wrex wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 am Raptors have no distant future in sight so might as well get to the finals and hope GS had two starters collide into eachother the game prior.

Honestly, what's next for them? Lowerys like 36 now? DD would barely be a rotational player with GS. Making the finals would be great for the raptors organization.
They can trade for Towns. Send us a bunch of future picks and filler and take back Dieng and Towns. All yours boys.
Tom Selleck is a twat
D_H

Post by D_H »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:01 am
D_H wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm Spurs leaking chit to try and get leverage. Lol

Pop has lost his touch.
He's not the GM....Lol.

See, you can stupid or factual shit and put a lol behind it. Good job....but RC has been running that side of the game as long as Pop has been coaching.

There is no way Kawhi Leonard would re-sign with f****** Toronto. Tor isn't giving away that much for a guy that's going to bolt after one year. This is simply San Antonio leaking stuff to try and get a bigger offer.lol
T_J

Post by T_J »

The same thing was said about Paul George.
D_H

Post by D_H »

T_J wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 am The same thing was said about Paul George.
Different situation they have no HOF caliber player like OKC has in Westbrook. He wants to team up with at least 1 other HOF type talent....they leaves Toronto out. Only 2 teams in the east offer 2 young HOF type talents.... :thumbsup:
T_J

Post by T_J »

D_H wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:58 am
T_J wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 am The same thing was said about Paul George.
Different situation they have no HOF caliber player like OKC has in Westbrook. He wants to team up with at least 1 other HOF type talent....they leaves Toronto out. Only 2 teams in the east offer 2 young HOF type talents.... :thumbsup:
They don't have a HOF player, but Toronto won 59 games there last year and Lebron left the conference. A healthy Kawhi would give him a good shot at the finals immediately.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:22 am Move it to Around the NBA digital
I’m still waiting for you to honor your bet and self ban yourself for one year after your wager that the Bulls would be better than last years wolves.

But I forgot, you have no honor.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Toronto is a beautiful city. Kind of like New York but colder and cleaner.

Good food there too.
Style

Post by Style »

brison wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:06 am
t_wrex wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 am Raptors have no distant future in sight so might as well get to the finals and hope GS had two starters collide into eachother the game prior.

Honestly, what's next for them? Lowerys like 36 now? DD would barely be a rotational player with GS. Making the finals would be great for the raptors organization.
They can trade for Towns. Send us a bunch of future picks and filler and take back Dieng and Towns. All yours boys.
:hair:
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
D_H

Post by D_H »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 am Toronto is a beautiful city. Kind of like New York but colder and cleaner.

Good food there too.
It is

Taxes are brutal that's why players bolt
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 am
I’m still waiting for you to honor your bet and self ban yourself for one year after your wager that the Bulls would be better than last years wolves.

If you wanna disrespect me, you'll have to do a lot better than that tired line.

#ihaveneverdirespectedanyoneonrubechatsinceijoinedin2009
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 am Toronto is a beautiful city. Kind of like New York but colder and cleaner.

Good food there too.
It's actually nothing like NY.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:44 pm

If you wanna disrespect me, you'll have to do a lot better than that tired line.

#ihaveneverdirespectedanyoneonrubechatsinceijoinedin2009
The truth hurts

There’s nothing worse than people who Bitch out on wagers and their word.

As a grown man, your word is your bond. Once either is broken, you are no longer a man at any level. Your word doesn’t mean anything anymore because it has no value or substance.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker will face a ban soon. Mark my words....
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Demar just said fans will find out soon of something is going down
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Lowry is actually 32 but 36 is likely his cliff for decline. Made 3 3's per game at 40% clip certainly a better option than Teague.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Kawhi to Toronto for DeRozan being finalized today.

Wish I'd taken DeRozan in the froob draft now. Lol
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
T_J

Post by T_J »

That'll keep the Spurs a playoff team in the west. I was hoping they'd take a more rebuilding style offer, but I'm sure Pop doesn't wanna play out his last couple years coaching a 30 win team.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Kawhi and Danny Green for Demar DeRozan, Jakob Poetl, and a 2019 protected first.

DeRozan is pissed after they told him he wouldn't be traded.

OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Love it for the Spurs. It's essentially the same situatiton that the Pacers were in last year, except add in big injury concerns and the weird feud/media circus.

Spurs will win 50 games for sure.
j2j

Post by j2j »

They made the playoffs without him, so basically it's last years team, but trade Danny Green and Kyle Anderson for DeRozan, Poetl, and then the extra late 1st.

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I really don't like DeRozan one bit, but Poetl is very good (at least in the minutes he got for the last 2 years). Potential MIP candidate.

I mean, I know you wont get an extremely good deal when star players might leave in a year...but if all they could get was DeRozan, Poetl and 1 top 20 protected first...Yuck but at least it's something. This move kinda screams "we don't want to go into full blown rebuild mode but rather want to be mediocre for a while". :shrug:

This should put any potential Butler trade into perspective...we aren't going to even get as much as Kawhi did...and we'll get even less if we trade him later on in the season (if we did, I don't want too).
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Style

Post by Style »

I love that SA instead of trading Kawhi to LA, sends him literally in the opposite direction to Toronto.

To put the cherry on top, they also get Demar DeRozan.

Sucks for us though.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Style wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:01 am I love that SA instead of trading Kawhi to LA, sends him literally in the opposite direction to Toronto.

To put the cherry on top, they also get Demar DeRozan.

Sucks for us though.
while I agree with you on SA essentially giving Kawhi, and his uncle, the finger, i am not sure it sucks for us.

Played properly, (yes, i know...insert joke here)....we should take the Butler situation into the season and to the trade deadline with some leverage over the teams wanting to make a big splash at that time. Remember, the Lakers got screwed by George and OKC. What if Leanard and Toronto mix well enough that the 70 million reasons to stay there? Is James going to be OK with a wait til next year and hope strategy? He didn't get George...Boogie went to GS....Paul resigned with Houston....Melo is looking like Miami or Houston. At what time would Lakers NEED to make a move? Hold the fuckers hostage and get the haul you want.

Also...gives Wolves time to make him realize that this team is gonna be really damn good and maybe this is the place to stay.

I am an optimist, so that is how i choose to look through my rose colored glasses.
bri

Post by bri »

j2j wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:05 am Kawhi and Danny Green for Demar DeRozan, Jakob Poetl, and a 2019 protected first.

DeRozan is pissed after they told him he wouldn't be traded.
Interesting deal, I'm surprised Danny Green is in it... Though as good as Kawhi was when he was healthy, who's to say he ever gets back to that level again
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Even more than his health, I'd be worried about Kawhi's attitude in general. Last year had to be alarming for SA to see how the whole thing played out. I wouldn't touch Kawhi with a ten foot pole if I was a GM, just way too much odd stuff going on there, something doesn't go his way and he might just shut down, not worth the risk.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

It's so strange how different markets work. When we are lucky enough to get a star player and are forced to trade him, we trade for young guys and picks. SAS trades star for star.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm I thought Vegas was just saying Philly?

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=10642

Until I see Woj or some NBA insider going that route.... I don't believe it.
Never doubt me or Vegas ;)
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm I thought Vegas was just saying Philly?

You yes, Vegas... maybe not! Funny I just listened to the lowe post yesterday and windhorst/lowe said Toronto was no joke... seemed like they had plenty of steam but just didn't knw when it was going to happen.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:02 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am

You yes, Vegas... maybe not! Funny I just listened to the lowe post yesterday and windhorst/lowe said Toronto was no joke... seemed like they had plenty of steam but just didn't knw when it was going to happen.
How long have you seen us post together in WC, 10 years now?

You know I’m the real deal. Called the butler trade, Lebron to LA, and Kawhi to raptors.

On a real note, it’s a good trade for both teams. Raptors with Kawhi have a higher ceiling.

Spurs can still win now with demar and LMA.