Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kawhi to the Raptors?

NBA Chat
UnFadeable21

Kawhi to the Raptors?

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Vegas is reporting that the raptors are working on sending Demar Derozan to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard

Raptors have jumped to favorites to land Kawhi at the Las Vegas Sports book at -200.

For the non gambling folks, 2 to 1 odds he joins Toronto.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Froob
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2018***

Re: Kawhi to the Raptors?

Post by Froob »

I like this move. Gets talent out East and makes it less likely (if it ever was) that Jimmy gets to the Spurs (and West).
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

It's worth the gamble for the Raptors (If they can keep Lowry and derozan).
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 pm It's worth the gamble for the Raptors (If they can keep Lowry and derozan).
Looks like Demar will be the main part for the package for Kawhi
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 pm It's worth the gamble for the Raptors (If they can keep Lowry and derozan).
congrats on only making it through 10 words in the OP.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I thought Vegas was just saying Philly?

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=10642

Until I see Woj or some NBA insider going that route.... I don't believe it.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

That's a dumb move for the Spurs unless there really is no market for Leonard.

DD and LMA? GS, Houston and the Wolves are shaking in their boots.
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm
:clap:
Tom Selleck is a twat
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I think this is the absolute best the Spurs can get. You are.getting another top 25 NBA player back at only 28 year's old. I also make Raptors throw in a first rd pick or two.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

Spurs leaking chit to try and get leverage. Lol

Pop has lost his touch.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm

I read the entire post...
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm
Yeah that's what I'm saying I don't think it's worth it then. Especially because it would likely be Derozan, Poeltl, and someone else.

I'd offer OG, Poeltl, and a unprotected picks before giving up Derozan. I doubt they'd have enough to get past the Celtics or 76ers otherwise
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

Still have faith KAwhy will be traded here for wiggins, Butler resigns for two dollars, Towns is traded for Kyrie, and Thibs uses all the young wolves well and this new look team surpirises the whole league.
Tom Selleck is a twat
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Just now on Sportscenter
Last edited by UnFadeable21 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:49 pm
Yeah that's what I'm saying I don't think it's worth it then. Especially because it would likely be Derozan, Poeltl, and someone else.

I'd offer OG, Poeltl, and a unprotected picks before giving up Derozan. I doubt they'd have enough to get past the Celtics or 76ers otherwise

They would hang up on that second offer. Money has to match. OG and Poeltl both still on their rookie deals.

Kawhi is better than Demar. But its a fresh start for both teams getting an asset for an asset. Raptors have to know a Lowry and Demar duo can't win at the highest level and that's their goal after firing Casey. I like the deal for both teams.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:34 pm

They would hang up on that second offer. Money has to match. OG and Poeltl both still on their rookie deals.

Kawhi is better than Demar. But its a fresh start for both teams getting an asset for an asset. Raptors have to know a Lowry and Demar duo can't win at the highest level and that's their goal after firing Casey. I like the deal for both teams.
Agreed. This is a great solution for the Spurs. It's as good as I've seen with a team in this position. Just so happens that another team is looking to unload a star.

You watching the Pac man fight Saturday?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Depends on how desperate the Spurs are. If that's all they have at the deadline and they think Leonard would leave Toronto those picks could get pretty valuable (like Brooklyn)
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Agreed. This is a great solution for the Spurs. It's as good as I've seen with a team in this position. Just so happens that another team is looking to unload a star.

I don't have ESPN + but yup I'm signing up just for the Pacman. Been rolling my guy since 2002 when he first fought Ledbwa.

I went to Vegas for Mayweather Pacquiao. Just enjoyed the festivities and got some Closed Circuit tickets. Regular ppl couldn't get in the fight.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:48 pm

I don't have ESPN + but yup I'm signing up just for the Pacman. Been rolling my guy since 2002 when he first fought Ledbwa.

I went to Vegas for Mayweather Pacquiao. Just enjoyed the festivities and got some Closed Circuit tickets. Regular ppl couldn't get in the fight.
That fight sucked balls anyway. Espn+ gives you a free 7 day trial but its only 4.99 a month cancel anytime. I used up my trials on the Crawford fight but will be buying the Manny fight on Saturday. Hope he wins.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:51 pm

That fight sucked balls anyway. Espn+ gives you a free 7 day trial but its only 4.99 a month cancel anytime. I used up my trials on the Crawford fight but will be buying the Manny fight on Saturday. Hope he wins.
I hope he wins. I'm worried he fired Freddie. I don't think Buboy has the experience for this kind of fight. I heard Manny isn't doing too well, training, tax issues, everything. Looks like the spiral is beginning. Not super invested in this because there has been zero promo but I gotta represent my boy.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 pm

I hope he wins. I'm worried he fired Freddie. I don't think Buboy has the experience for this kind of fight. I heard Manny isn't doing too well, training, tax issues, everything. Looks like the spiral is beginning. Not super invested in this because there has been zero promo but I gotta represent my boy.
If he gets beat, it's over for him. It's not a easy opponent. Both like to throw and I don't see this one going the distance no matter who wins.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I could live with this.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 pm

If he gets beat, it's over for him. It's not a easy opponent. Both like to throw and I don't see this one going the distance no matter who wins.

A prime Pac would eat Lucas alive because of his foot speed and hand combinations. Lucas has fallen but he has legit KO power. Always have.

Pac should win a decision but agreed if he loses, he's washed. :(
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 pm Image
Do we have any odds on obtaining him?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Raptors are stupid if they trade Derozan. Mixed opinions about the guy for many but he's no doubt a all star caliber player. He's someone that would stay in Toronto is what some are not taking into consideration. He has two year's left on his deal also.

There is no way Kawhi signs back on with the Raptors.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

D_H wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm Spurs leaking chit to try and get leverage. Lol

Pop has lost his touch.
He's not the GM....Lol.

See, you can stupid or factual shit and put a lol behind it. Good job....but RC has been running that side of the game as long as Pop has been coaching.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Raptors have no distant future in sight so might as well get to the finals and hope GS had two starters collide into eachother the game prior.

Honestly, what's next for them? Lowerys like 36 now? DD would barely be a rotational player with GS. Making the finals would be great for the raptors organization.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

DD would barely be a rotational player in GS. that's a good one.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Move it to Around the NBA digital
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan